The josh haters are out in force today

Sharky7337

6 hours ago, jrober38 said:

I was an enormous "Josh Hater" last year.

Surprised anyone would be left. Josh is easily on of the top 5 QBs in the NFL this year and if the league did a redraft of all players he'd probably be picked second behind Patrick Mahomes.

His "turnaround" from last year has been unbelievable. His one of the most entertaining QBs in the NFL and you feel he's still got room to get better. 

Outside of the offensive line which can always use retooling, the offense looks absolutely set for the next 3+ years. If we can improve our pass rush and really build a defense that can rush the passer the Bills will be yearly Super Bowl contenders. 

Literally had you on ignore for like 2 years because of the constant negative takes on him.

• Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Literally had you on ignore for like 2 years because of the constant negative takes on him.

Damn! Thats some cold ***** right there. 

1 hour ago, Yav said:

Damn! Thats some cold ***** right there. 

The jrober38 stuff has been going on for 5 years, if not a bit longer, and dates back to the BBMB, where he opined that:

• Jay Cutler would be a suitable replacement to any of the Bills QBs at the time, and that we should trade for him.
  • We missed out on blue chip talent when we didn't trade up for Wentz.
  • We should trade all of our picks to draft Jameis Winston, also a blue chip talent.
  • He knew more than the Bills GM (I suppose that's a debatable point, 'cause the GM at the time was Whaley).
  • etc, etc, etc

And some of those threads would go on for hundreds of pages.  I never put the guy on ignore, tho, as I enjoyed watching the show.  I often wondered when he'd just call it a day, and it looks like Allen's ascent has done the trick.  Great!

Edited by Groin
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

WGRs worst dynamic duo Schopp and Bulldog where discussing qbs they’d take over Allen today with one being Dak Prescott...I think Jerry Jones would drive Dak to the airport for that trade but other then Mahomes this conversion should end 

See the source image

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

WGRs worst dynamic duo Schopp and Bulldog where discussing qbs they’d take over Allen today with one being Dak Prescott...I think Jerry Jones would drive Dak to the airport for that trade but other then Mahomes this conversion should end 

They discussed Prescott? Fair enough. Nothing wrong with discussion.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I turned them on for a couple minutes and heard someone call in and suggest benching Allen so we can get a look Fromm because we have 3rd seed all locked up. 

I said that enough WGR for today. 

...the Titans are right behind us?

• Thank you (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Who the hell suggested that? That person is an idiot. Was it Schopp? Dummy.

And then he probably spent 45 minutes driveling on-and-on-and-on about his fantasy hockey team... Schoop's a classless, Bills-hating neanderthal who probably believes the NFL is a fantasy league, and that his fantasy team plays the real games... loser is that out-of-touch, if not worse.

35 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

That’s heresy. 

5 minutes ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

Lol I was listening to this and Schopp mentions Dak. It took me a minute to realize he was dead serious.

The  caller calls him out and they went crazy on the poor guy. More of the same Do we really know if Allen has it yet..

pretty ridiculous.

I get that they try to piss people off but this feels so ridiculous who is even going to care if they're going to say things this stupid.

The one thing Allen still needs to prove to the doubters is that he's not a one year wonder.  If Daboll leaves will he revert back to last years numbers?  L Jackson won the MVP last year, how's he looking this year, OK, but far from great.  Were teams just not ready for him and will adjust? 

Do I think there's reasons to believe this could happen, no, but until he shows similar results next year, some will always question it, in particular based on how so many people state (in a good way) how no QB ever improves his completion percentage by 10 points from year to the next.  If this were baseball, he'd be accursed of using steroids when you see improvement like this.  So far too as defenses have changed he's been able to adjust as when teams stop him one way, he exceeds somewhere else.

11 hours ago, Warcodered said:

I get that they try to piss people off but this feels so ridiculous who is even going to care if they're going to say things this stupid.

It's no different then Wright.  They know if they bring up a controversial topic they will get listeners to keep listening and call in.

I will say that Schopp has been surprisingly positive on Allen for most of the season.  Even when he's had bad games he hasn't come down on him as hard as he would have in the past. 

1 hour ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

The one thing Allen still needs to prove to the doubters is that he's not a one year wonder.  If Daboll leaves will he revert back to last years numbers?  L Jackson won the MVP last year, how's he looking this year, OK, but far from great.  Were teams just not ready for him and will adjust? 

Do I think there's reasons to believe this could happen, no, but until he shows similar results next year, some will always question it, in particular based on how so many people state (in a good way) how no QB ever improves his completion percentage by 10 points from year to the next.  If this were baseball, he'd be accursed of using steroids when you see improvement like this.  So far too as defenses have changed he's been able to adjust as when teams stop him one way, he exceeds somewhere else.

I would put most of the credit for Josh’s  improvement on Jordan Palmer and Josh himself of course. Daboll is the offensive coordinator and they’ll obviously need to find a replacement for him when he does leave, but I doubt it’s next season. 

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I turned them on for a couple minutes and heard someone call in and suggest benching Allen so we can get a look at Fromm because we have 3rd seed all locked up. 

lol i heard that call too what an idiot that dude was. He was like what could it hurt like we have everything locked up with nowhere to go. And lets go to the dude that hasnt practiced all year.

13 hours ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

Lol I was listening to this and Schopp mentions Dak. It took me a minute to realize he was dead serious.

The  caller calls him out and they went crazy on the poor guy. More of the same Do we really know if Allen has it yet..

pretty ridiculous.

My dad always told me that is takes very little to dig yourself a hole and then a lot of time, effort and proof to get yourself out of that hole.  Josh is doing everything he can do to get out of that hole, no doubt about that.  The lingering criticisms are normal and mostly undeserved at this time.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I turned them on for a couple minutes and heard someone call in and suggest benching Allen so we can get a look at Fromm because we have 3rd seed all locked up. 

Stuff like this just makes you go

Teen Who Refused Chickenpox Vaccine Is Suing His School After They Banned  Everyone Infecting The Students With Chickenpox - The School Should  Countersuit For Him Being Brainless | Barstool Sports

4 hours ago, Doc said:

I would put most of the credit for Josh’s  improvement on Jordan Palmer and Josh himself of course. Daboll is the offensive coordinator and they’ll obviously need to find a replacement for him when he does leave, but I doubt it’s next season. 

I would give Josh the credit for Josh's improvement.  His 'growth mindset' is incredible.  He's extremely open to criticism, new ideas, and new ways of doing things all in the effort to get better.  

Jordan Palmer has played a role.  Beane deserves credit for giving Josh a good supporting cast.  I'm sure McD, Daboll and others deserve credit too.  Without more inside information, it's hard to conclude who contributed the most. 

But none of these mentors make a difference if Josh wasn't so eager to learn, work and grow.  

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

I would give Josh the credit for Josh's improvement.  His 'growth mindset' is incredible.  He's extremely open to criticism, new ideas, and new ways of doing things all in the effort to get better.  

Jordan Palmer has played a role.  Beane deserves credit for giving Josh a good supporting cast.  I'm sure McD, Daboll and others deserve credit too.  Without more inside information, it's hard to conclude who contributed the most. 

But none of these mentors make a difference if Josh wasn't so eager to learn, work and grow.  

It's like any successful teacher-student relationship.  Good teaching only helps if the student listens and works.  Conversely a bad teacher isn't going to teach a good student anything.  I'm sure if you asked Josh, he'd give everyone credit because that's the kind of guy he is.  But he's there working every off-season with Palmer.

9 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

If any of you are interested....I just posted on this in ppp.....enter with caution...........

Foxworth comes off to me as a racist, and I don't like to throw the word around like many are willing to do these days.

Either that or he bought into the Allen story going into the draft, and had held onto the belief that Allen is racist, so he should hate him...which would still be a trash opinion being he doesn't know him at all.

ESPN has been unwatchable garbage for some time now. 

I highly advise against watching any of it 

30 minutes ago, syhuang said:

I mean.....who doesn't like Flags and Dogs?  Dogs are good!  Dogs are pawsome!  Flags are good too!  I gotta big old one hanging on my front porch, in the proper configuration and I always take it in when it snows,rains, or gets dark.  Got a dog, too!  Got guns.  Want more.  Can shoot OK if I say so myself. 

The thing is, Domonique Foxworth has absolutely no clue who Bills Mafia are or what we stand for outside of football.  He's just rolling off some 3 year reports of like 8 yr old tweets and a house of cards based on his own assumptions.  Truth is, we don't stand for one single uniform thing except rooting for the Bills. 

Ok, maybe two.  Most of us would like to see Tom Brady get his smug ass kicked.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2