The josh haters are out in force today

Sharky7337

2 hours ago, WideNine said:

His hypothesis seems to be that Josh didn't get better the Bills coaching staff did, which is moronic or perhaps he just is not articulating his observations well. Cowherd looks like he has been on a alcoholic bender over his Covid isolation.

Coaching around Allen has stayed consistent. I would get behind a statement that any rookie QB with the potential to improve to a franchise level of play better realizes that potential when they land on a stable team with good coaches that know how to leverage their innate abilities (and surround them with the right talent to help realize that potential).

Somewhere lost in his calculation is that QBs have to put in the work, have to be "coachable", and have to show that they are taking that coaching and successfully applying it to their performance on the field.

The potential was there, but Allen was not accurate early on (in the NFL sense of touch, anticipation, throwing receivers open, and mechanics) - he held the ball too long, locked onto receivers, did not throw with anticipation, rifled late passes off the mark, resorted to bailing and running for his life, could not read defenses. All these things he shouldered and worked his tail off to improve and he did improve them dramatically.

Saying it was just coaching really devalues the effort it took for Allen to get to where he is now. 

A really bad oversimplification of how QBs can be successfully groomed in the right system.

Well said. This new narrative of "the coaching and organization is what made Josh Allen" is just side-stepping for those that were so off about Allen.

"I wasn't wrong about Allen, it was just the organization has managed him so well!" What a boring narrative! How about "Allen proves all doubters pathetically wrong and is becoming an absolute superstar QB who is exciting to watch". 

We will see the new narrative collapse once Daboll gets a job somewhere else and Allen continues to defy expectations. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

I always say that people get the replies from me that they deserve.

And you deserve that.

Ya well come to NC and tell me that in person and ill give you what you deserve.

Tool.

Edited by Sharky7337

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

The Josh haters are out in full force today? 

You must be looking extremely hard. 

Didn't look to hard. Watched sports shows this morning while working on national media.

My point to starting the discussion is how the people who refuse to change their opinions on pre draft and cling to shifting measures of success as their argument.

Edited by Sharky7337

8 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Eh. Who the ***** cares. Let it go man. 

Its a forum. You don't have to care. You can not post in the thread if you don't care.

Its really simple. Others may want to discuss it. Thats what a message board is.

Yes you yourself cared enough to comment on what gmfb said about the chiefs bills. 

So how is that any different? Your contradicting yourself.

Edited by Sharky7337

5 hours ago, The Wiz said:

Likely what they have been saying since he's more accurate now. 

"he hasn't had a signature game" 

I really liked one person who used that excuse and said he hadn't beat the patriots yet. Shows how much they pay attention. 

I don't know what a signature win is but I'd say he's had half a dozen this year. 

If Tua had a game like Josh's San Fran game ...all the media lackeys would be in sheer ecstasy ball washing him

all week long.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I saw this in one of the San Francisco area papers today.  Another amazing Josh statistic, if true.  I didn't click the NFL Research link as Twitter is blocked on my work laptop:

"It was Allen’s third game this season with at least 375 yards, three touchdown passes and at least a 130 passer rating. Drew Brees in 2013 is the only other quarterback in history to have three such games in a season, according to NFL Research."

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Unforgiven said:

If Tua had a game like Josh's San Fran game ...all the media lackeys would be in sheer ecstasy ball washing him

all week long.

For sure. I had espn on the TV most of the day today while recovering from my victory celebration last night and Allen got his fair share of washing. 

The long and short of it is some guys accept when they are wrong and others don't. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Sharky7337 said:

Nick Wright on first things first still trashing Allen.

Skip Bayless says baker is better.

Steven A wasn't to bad. 

But they just keep moving the bar. Its amazing after a solid performance multiple times they still in some cases cannot give the man credit.

Brandon Marshall laughing in Nick Wright's face was nice to see. I think Marshall might know a bit more about QB play than Wright does. Bayless doesn't believe anything that comes out of his mouth. It's all just to generate views.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Joe Ferguson said:

Here's another Bills hater Keyshawn Johnson.

His main argument of why he doesn't think the Bills could ever beat the Chiefs is because the Chiefs have more prime time games and he sees their highlights more often. Just wow.

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Who the ***** is Nick Wright? 

Sounds like you need a better watch list

He’s the #1 Chiefs fan who gets to talk on TV and radio. Maybe he feels threatened?   Hmmmmmmm...........