Gruden Fined $150k. Raiders docked a 6th round pick. Edit: Pick now restored to them

StHustle

4 hours ago, Limeaid said:

In locker room video after win over New England Coach McD is maskless in a small room filled with maskless players. 

How is that not a violation and how long ago did Billicheat after getting his ass burned did he send tape to league?

Narc

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 12
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

How did the Raiders get lambasted yet the Titans got a slap on the wrist?

Raiders are rebels.  They got warnings then fines and now fines with draft pick losses.

The Titans just did an entire foobar of league and they treated it as one mistake even though some was against specific memo sent.

20 hours ago, Limeaid said:

In locker room video after win over New England Coach McD is maskless in a small room filled with maskless players. 

How is that not a violation and how long ago did Billicheat after getting his ass burned did he send tape to league?

I find this all a big masquerade, as per DaggersEOD's  post in this thread.

But... if the coaches have to wear a damn mask outside or as Daboll, alone in the booth (!), do they have to have one in the locker room?

And Billicheat was not wearing his a lot of the time, especially in the 3rd quarter.

Anyway... ridiculous signaling but I'm curious as to what the NFL rules are. It's confusing!

• Thank you (+1) 1

This example should've been made with the Titians in the first place and then I believe the Raiders and every other team would've taken it more seriously. It seems like the NFL always uses the Raiders to make a point. If I'm the Raiders I am challenging this and it should be overturned. 

• Like (+1) 2

• 4 months later...
On 11/6/2020 at 6:23 AM, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

image.jpeg.2b4202a1616661964f35d23d1bf9bc07.jpeg
'What, me worry?'

Now that’s a professionally maintained hair cut...

• Hapless Bills Fan changed the title to Gruden Fined $150k. Raiders docked a 6th round pick. Edit: Pick now restored to them
On 11/6/2020 at 8:31 AM, Dablitzkrieg said:

Still the best IDGAF haircut 😂

If you made a fictional movie and had an NFL owner in it with a haircut like that, people would say it was too over the top, ridiculous, and just not realistic.

And yet there it is in real life!

The truth is always more interesting than fiction.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Saints got theirs back too 

“The league did not explain why the teams will not lose picks after all, but it appears that both teams appealed the discipline and got back the draft picks as part of the appeals process.

Two teams have forfeited picks in the 2021 NFL draft: The Patriots lost a third-round pick for members of the team’s media department filming the Bengals’ sideline, and the Vikings lost a seventh-round pick for a salary cap violation.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/03/20/saints-raiders-will-not-lose-draft-picks-for-covid-19-violations/

12 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

If you made a fictional movie and had an NFL owner in it with a haircut like that, people would say it was too over the top, ridiculous, and just not realistic.

And yet there it is in real life!

The truth is always more interesting than fiction.

Didn’t they already make a movie about  Jon Gruden and Marc Davis?

image.thumb.jpeg.aaff2579463523bd568225ec08bdefa8.jpeg

Reminds me of policy in our school system before COVID.  It is called 'Lunch Shame" where you cafeteria workers and not supposed to ask students to pay for lunch for you could cause mental harm with "shame".  Students were given credit for lunch they were supposed to pay back.  The school used to send letters out telling parents that students needed to repay to graduate but again this was disallowed causing shame.   Majority of kids learned to not deposit lunch money and just take free lunch spending money on other things including snacks with poorer kids complaining they were "shamed" not being able to afford snacks.   Note: Majority of kids on Free and Reduced Lunches were on program so they did not need to pay for sports fees and parking for their brand new current model year cars.

Shame! Shame! Shame!

22-2.png

Currently federal program pays for free meals regardless of income including meals for weekends. 

This is what happens in a world without shame.