Falcons fire HC Dan Quinn and GM Thomas Dimitroff

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

They should tank for Trevor.

Perfect landing spot.  I highly doubt Trevor wants to play for the Jets.  He was born and raised an hour outside of Atlanta and plays for a college that’s less than two hours away from Atlanta. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I mean yeah they should.. unfortunately for them and the entire nfc east etc, the Jets legitimately may be the worst team in NFL history. Lawrence to the Jets is just about a done deal. 

Edited by Process

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Is Ryan the problem? It would be great to have Lawrence, but in the grand scheme of things, I'm not sure that's the biggest need. With that being said,  I'd love for someone besides the Jets to take him.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, RaoulDuke79 said:

Is Ryan the problem? It would be great to have Lawrence, but in the grand scheme of things, I'm not sure that's the biggest need. With that being said,  I'd love for someone besides the Jets to take him.

I think Ryan is regressing but agree he isn't the biggest problem. However taking a young potentially elite QB is always the right pick.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

You must not have watched the game this week. Ryan looked completely terrible. He may just be demoralized after horrible loss after horrible loss, but he is a different quarterback than the one that played the game in 2018. He would still be worth a third round draft pick for a team in need of a veteran leader, and assuredly can turn things around in the right situation, so Atlanta would be wise to take an injection of youth with Lawrence and then trade Ryan to a team like Indianapolis who has all the pieces.  With Ryan’s huge contract, I’m not sure that would be possible, but Lawrence could definitely learn from Ryan. Hopefully he could learn how Ryan plays in the first 3/4 and continue that into the fourth quarter. 

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

That was my thought..........Georgia kid.........I am sure he and his family would love for him to be a Falcon.

If the Falcons are close I wouldn't be surprised to see him threaten to pull a Peyton Manning or Andrew Luck and return to Clemson if he doesn't like the prospect of where he might have to go.

Just now, BADOLBILZ said:

That was my thought..........Georgia kid.........I am sure he and his family would love for him to be a Falcon.

If the Falcons are close I wouldn't be surprised to see him threaten to pull a Peyton Manning or Andrew Luck and return to Clemson if he doesn't like the prospect of where he might have to go.

Agree. I have said all along he won't go to Jacksonville. Why would you? If the Falcons are an option he is gonna push hard to try and end up there IMO. Much better prospects than the Jets or Jags.

13 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Does Lawrence plan on converting to the defensive side of the ball in the NFL.

Falcons should of fired him years ago. They had one real good season and shanahan led the offense. Quinn is supposed to be a defensive coach, they draft defense for him, and the defense is trashy every year. They’ve now wasted Julio Jones prime with one Super Bowl appearance and have seen Matt Ryan regress every year since Kyle left. Blow it up over there. 

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Perfect landing spot.  I highly doubt Trevor wants to play for the Jets.  He was born and raised an hour outside of Atlanta and plays for a college that’s less than two hours away from Atlanta. 

Trevor Lawrence with Daboll ... Julio, Ridley...

3 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Yep. Falcons should have been in contention for the WC at least these last two seasons. What a waste.

What makes matters worse, he’s a defensive guy and his team has one of the worst defenses ever.  In his defense, injuries have ravaged his D the last 2 years.....But he still sucks.  He looked to be a product of his OC. 

35 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

Quinn's career with the Falcons and possibly as a HC was done the second the Pats scored in the OT of the SB to cap that comeback. Some losses are flukey, but that loss after being up 28-3 was unforgivable. One of the worst chokes in sports history.

Arthur Blank is probably too nice of a man to be a great owner.  

An a-hole like Bob Kraft would have fired Quinn and not let Kyle Shanahan out of the building.

He waited about 2 years too long on both Mike Smith and Dan Quinn.

As systems get so much easier to implement I think head coaching changes will happen even more frequently in the NFL............it's not quite like the NHL where they take the coach's temp every day and can fire them at any time........but the automatic 3 years and multiple down years after a good year before firing thing is probably going to be a thing of the past.

Edited by BADOLBILZ