Hauschka signing with Jaguars

boco357

The Jags regular PK, Josh Lambo, is on IR with a hip injury.  Hauschka's time in Jacksonville is as long as Lambo is still on IR.  Too bad he didn't sign with a team without a viable kicker, but if he performs well in Jacksonville he'll get a job somewhere.  

3 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Falcons should have signed a second team doctor, or an EMT.  They're always choking.

"Never go full Falcon" has to be the new phrase when up double digits entering the 4th.  Yesterday we almost went full Falcon.

1 hour ago, Brennan Huff said:

Kind of a joke. I just don’t have too much confidence in Bass. 

I like to think this team knows what they are doing. If they felt Bass was the best choice, I'm sure he will be solid. He nailed every extra point this past weekend, even Butker missed one last night.

• 2 weeks later...

From today's Peter King column (Goat's of the Week):   https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/10/12/nfl-week-5-fmia-peter-king/

Steven Hauschka, kicker, Jacksonville. With the Jags trailing the winless Texans by three late in the second quarter, Hauschka stepped in for a 24-yard chip shot to tie the game. Pulled it left, inexplicably. On the last play of the half, Hauschka lined up for a 49-yarder. Short. With the chance—twice—to tie the game going into halftime, Hauschka missed a pair of eminently makeable kicks.

• Sad 3

2 minutes ago, Lurker said:

From today's Peter King column (Goat's of the Week):   https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/10/12/nfl-week-5-fmia-peter-king/

Steven Hauschka, kicker, Jacksonville. With the Jags trailing the winless Texans by three late in the second quarter, Hauschka stepped in for a 24-yard chip shot to tie the game. Pulled it left, inexplicably. On the last play of the half, Hauschka lined up for a 49-yarder. Short. With the chance—twice—to tie the game going into halftime, Hauschka missed a pair of eminently makeable kicks.

Short from 49 yards is why Hauschka is no longer here. He has had a dead leg ever since that cheap shot by the Jets player a few years ago.

• Like (+1) 5

Expect a Stephen Hauschka retirement announcement before too long...hate it for the guy but the Bills absolutely made the right decision.  I'm ok with Bass missing a few kicks as he learns to adjust in the NFL.  Thankfully we haven't needed a clutch one yet.

• Like (+1) 5

8 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Damn, you really gotta feel bad for the guy.  Maybe he just doesn't want to accept that his time has come and gone.  But even if he has realized it, I can't say I blame him though, if some team was still willing to pay me millions to kick footballs, I'd still lace em up every week and keep trying.

I doubt he lasts the rest of the year, heck he may not make it to the end of the week.  I wish him the best...

• Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, Lurker said:

time to hang em up

21 minutes ago, eball said:

Expect a Stephen Hauschka retirement announcement before too long...hate it for the guy but the Bills absolutely made the right decision.  I'm ok with Bass missing a few kicks as he learns to adjust in the NFL.  Thankfully we haven't needed a clutch one yet.

LOL Kickers never retire, they always find some other team to sign them.  I think George Blanda may have a tryout scheduled this week.

• Haha (+1) 1

After he missed the chippy,  you could see him trying to be extra cautious on the 49 yarder so he didn't pull it left..  He leg kick was really slow and deliberate.  He did not kick that as hard as he can, no way. 

That being said, it's a mental position and once guys lose confidence plus age creeps in, it's all over.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I don't know if I've ever seen a kicker's leg drop as quickly as his.

He was dropping kicks short in Seattle, that is why they didn't stick with him.

Mentally, the guy has no idea about height versus length.  It's not like his leg has just gave out, he always had an issue with putting kicks short.

Edited by Back2Buff

6 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

He was dropping kicks short in Seattle, that is why they didn't stick with him.

Mentally, the guy has no idea about height versus length.  It's not like his leg has just gave out, he always had an issue with putting kicks short.

If he's short on a 42 yarder,  I think it's a mental funk.  Kinda like a hitter in baseball not giving a full swing because he's afraid to miss.  It's like Hauschka is guiding the ball rather than giving it a strong swing with his leg.