CBS power rankings..Cowboys 4th, Bills 26th?

mjd1001

3 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

Writer of the article.

Bio

Cody Benjamin is an author and journalist based in Southern Minnesota. He currently covers the NFL as a staff writer for CBS Sports.

A graduate of Indiana University of Pennsylvania, his writing has been referenced by CBS News, NFL.com and The Washington Post.

Originally from Pennsylvania, Cody has contributed to SB Nation, LNP Media Group (Lancaster Newspapers) and the Faribault County (Minn.) Register. He began his journalism career in high school, when he was first credentialed to cover the Philadelphia Eagles.

Outside of writing, Cody can usually be found at a movie theater, watching Philly sports or being weird with his wife and two kids.

image.jpeg.0aa221ec04c4221477c2a3d6657f6562.jpeg

hair.jpg

• Haha (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Augie said:

He could EASILY get his completion % WAY UP by dumping off a little more and giving his guys a chance to make a play. Same with the long ball, give them a chance to make a play or get the PI call. The 10 yard overthrow won’t be an INT, but get it close and it just might work out for us.

Know down/distance and game situation. A pick on a long ball might be almost as good as a punt. I have high hopes for him this year. 

I agree with this...but not sure who remembers the movie "Signs" with Mel Gibson.  Joaquin Phoenix's character gets ribbed a little by a person in town for striking out a lot on the local baseball team and Joaquin replies "it didnt feel right not swinging".  I get that sense from Josh...he seems like someone who will always go for it rather than take the low hanging fruit.

3 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

Writer of the article.

Bio

Cody Benjamin is an author and journalist based in Southern Minnesota. He currently covers the NFL as a staff writer for CBS Sports.

A graduate of Indiana University of Pennsylvania, his writing has been referenced by CBS News, NFL.com and The Washington Post.

Originally from Pennsylvania, Cody has contributed to SB Nation, LNP Media Group (Lancaster Newspapers) and the Faribault County (Minn.) Register. He began his journalism career in high school, when he was first credentialed to cover the Philadelphia Eagles.

Outside of writing, Cody can usually be found at a movie theater, watching Philly sports or being weird with his wife and two kids.

He's probably butthurt Diggs is with the Bills and not the Vikes. Plus he is weird with his kids?

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, mjd1001 said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/ranking-all-32-nfl-teams-by-training-camp-performance-ravens-steelers-among-the-top-five/

I know most sites like to over-rate the Cowboys...but the justification for the Bills 26th? Singletary fumbling problem, a team write 'gone rogue' and Josh Norman not looking good.  I know the author say they are based on how teams look in camp...but they also say they take into consideration how good the team is overall.

And how can you rank a team based on a couple weeks of training camp performance when very little actual footage/info is coming out of camps this year and no games are being played?

Hope this isn't a repost, I took a quick scan of current topics and didn't see it anywhere.

Who cares.

That's ridiculous. 

4 hours ago, mjd1001 said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/ranking-all-32-nfl-teams-by-training-camp-performance-ravens-steelers-among-the-top-five/

I know most sites like to over-rate the Cowboys...but the justification for the Bills 26th? Singletary fumbling problem, a team write 'gone rogue' and Josh Norman not looking good.  I know the author say they are based on how teams look in camp...but they also say they take into consideration how good the team is overall.

And how can you rank a team based on a couple weeks of training camp performance when very little actual footage/info is coming out of camps this year and no games are being played?

Hope this isn't a repost, I took a quick scan of current topics and didn't see it anywhere.

This article is total idiocy and not worth discussion in my opinion.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, FLFan said:

This article is total idiocy and not worth discussion in my opinion.

I can get the gist of these links from posts here, then refuse to give clicks to pure garbage. It’s nonsense and either completely ignorant, or intentionally provocative. I have no use for either. . 

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

Especially when there is an embargo on reporting details. How would anyone really know what camp is better/worse?

Good point. Camp reports aren’t nearly as detailed this year and yet this guy managed to come up with this nonsense.

5 hours ago, mjd1001 said:

“Hey guys, read this junk article I found- it’s really bad.”

Edited by NoSaint

2 hours ago, Augie said:

He could EASILY get his completion % WAY UP by dumping off a little more and giving his guys a chance to make a play. Same with the long ball, give them a chance to make a play or get the PI call. The 10 yard overthrow won’t be an INT, but get it close and it just might work out for us.

Know down/distance and game situation. A pick on a long ball might be almost as good as a punt. I have high hopes for him this year. 

Yeah, and we have a couple backs now who can catch it and make some guys miss.

Also, let's run some screen passes to them and Diggs. We seem to have an aversion to screens.

6 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

Writer of the article.

Bio

Is that one of his kids

7 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

Seriously, how do people not understand that like 60% of sports writing is 'bait tactics'

Write something ridiculous...get people to get upset then go link your article all over forums, social media, etc and drive up your traffic. 

Here's a crazy idea...if you think an article or writer is ridiculous, STOP. Don't share their stuff, don't talk about it. Their entire goal is to get you to talk about it so when you run here in huff, out of breath and sweating to post dumb sh*t....you're doing their job for them.

Jeremy, I don’t want to slam MJD, nor do I think you did so, but you’re point is very well taken.  In general power rankings are dumb and creates and endless debate.  Who care what this tool wrote?  Seriously.  I say it all the time, I only read these ranking things when you guys post them as I want to see what you think, but I never, and I mean never look up myself on any site.  It’s an utter waste of time.

There will be a number that’s important.  The rankings on New Years Day, after week 17, and who we play in Buffalo in the playoffs.

Nuff said.  I read it.  It was silly, and I’m out.  Have fun guys.

2 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

NBLUB9i.gif

Damn, I wasn’t going to reply again, but love that Mash episode.  That was Colonel Potters first episode as him, not the loony General the year before, and was responding to crazy Klinger.  Good find 70’s.  I loved that show, at least the first few seasons.  They still make me laugh when they are on TV Land every once in awhile.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Jeremy, I don’t want to slam MJD, nor do I think you did so, but you’re point is very well taken.  In general power rankings are dumb and creates and endless debate.  Who care what this tool wrote?  Seriously.  I say it all the time, I only read these ranking things when you guys post them as I want to see what you think, but I never, and I mean never look up myself on any site.  It’s an utter waste of time.

There will be a number that’s important.  The rankings on New Years Day, after week 17, and who we play in Buffalo in the playoffs.

Nuff said.  I read it.  It was silly, and I’m out.  Have fun guys.

This is 100% correct! 

Unless they have us top 5 and serious Super Bowl contender. Only then are they worthy of our attention!     :)

We have a funny little bias thing going, but you learn they are mostly fools writing to get paid, and ignore most of the content. 

• Like (+1) 1

I don't see this as a prediction of how well the Bills will do in the season.  The parameters of the ranking are events in training camp.  They have apparently weighted Josh Norman's hamstring pull and Devin Singletary's fumble in the scrimmage pretty highly.  Then there is Chris Brown's wagging tongue.  I think those things are barely even blips on the radar, but If they want to create click bait, they can choose to do so.

The only bad thing about our team right now is the owners.  They are absolute clowns.  They did two things right.  Hire McDermott and Beane.  Now just go far away.  

The rest is awesome.  We are going to roll this year.  If Josh gets on fire, we are going 12-4 baby.  We are frikin loaded.  Seeing a little Patriots in us cutting Hauschka.  You were great for a year and a half.  Sorry you got blindsided by scumbag Harry Anderson.  But we stuck w you for a long while after that, and now time to move on....We got Bass.  The next Butker and Lutz all in one.  Great move drafting this kid.  

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, MJS said:

Yeah, and we have a couple backs now who can catch it and make some guys miss.

Also, let's run some screen passes to them and Diggs. We seem to have an aversion to screens.

We ran a fair amount of screens last year. We executed them terribly. Josh has a tendency to telegraph them and the oline and receivers blew the blocking a lot. Most of the ones we tried didn't make it to the original line. 

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

We ran a fair amount of screens last year. We executed them terribly. Josh has a tendency to telegraph them and the oline and receivers blew the blocking a lot. Most of the ones we tried didn't make it to the original line. 

Haven't looked at the numbers but I bet we have one of the lowest percentage of screen passes in the league from last year.

16 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

Writer of the article.

Bio

His face is begging for a brick!! 

Edited by Putin

15 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Maybe the ranking was based on worldwide sales of team apparel?

And the author's picture looks like the model for Beaker (the Muppet).

Its the clown boy hair cut that completes the image... 

• Thank you (+1) 1