CBS power rankings..Cowboys 4th, Bills 26th?

mjd1001

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/ranking-all-32-nfl-teams-by-training-camp-performance-ravens-steelers-among-the-top-five/

I know most sites like to over-rate the Cowboys...but the justification for the Bills 26th? Singletary fumbling problem, a team write 'gone rogue' and Josh Norman not looking good.  I know the author say they are based on how teams look in camp...but they also say they take into consideration how good the team is overall.

And how can you rank a team based on a couple weeks of training camp performance when very little actual footage/info is coming out of camps this year and no games are being played?

Hope this isn't a repost, I took a quick scan of current topics and didn't see it anywhere.

Edited by mjd1001
  • Haha (+1) 6

26. Buffalo Bills

It's fun seeing Josh Allen throw passes to Stefon Diggs, but lots to be concerned about here: Josh Norman's already buckling as a starting CB experiment, Devin Singletary's got a fumbling problem and ... the team's website writer possibly went rogue?

Well, I guess it was Chris Brown that put us in the basement - how f'n ridiculous.

Edited by cd1
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 10

Being that we beat them handily, and made the look bad on National TV, had a better record, and made the playoffs, and the cowboys did none of those things last season..., it is just more of the “it’s only Buffalo and they don’t matter” mentality coming from a sporting news outlet...  So what’s new there...?

Buffalo vs Everyone 

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 3

NFL Preseason Network Rankings

1) ABC

2) ESPN

3) The NFL Network

26) CBS - Pretty shaky in their preseason ranking of teams. Lots of issues with their depth of announcers behind Romo. They actually have Kevin Harlan and Trent Green heading up their third team - a real red flag.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 11
  • Awesome! (+1) 5

Writer of the article.

Bio

Cody Benjamin is an author and journalist based in Southern Minnesota. He currently covers the NFL as a staff writer for CBS Sports.

A graduate of Indiana University of Pennsylvania, his writing has been referenced by CBS News, NFL.com and The Washington Post.

Originally from Pennsylvania, Cody has contributed to SB Nation, LNP Media Group (Lancaster Newspapers) and the Faribault County (Minn.) Register. He began his journalism career in high school, when he was first credentialed to cover the Philadelphia Eagles.

Outside of writing, Cody can usually be found at a movie theater, watching Philly sports or being weird with his wife and two kids.

image.jpeg.0aa221ec04c4221477c2a3d6657f6562.jpeg

• Haha (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

It's funny that his number 1 ranked training camp (Baltimore) acclaims a team who lost an all pro safety after a fight with a team mate. Yeah shouts out #1 to me. 

Several of the excerpts are downright lazy. Tennesee- can't be higher because they haven't signed Clowney. Huh?

Don't click on this article it's absolute trash. I wish I hadn't wasted my time.

Edited by Seoulofstone
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Seriously, how do people not understand that like 60% of sports writing is 'bait tactics'

Write something ridiculous...get people to get upset then go link your article all over forums, social media, etc and drive up your traffic. 

Here's a crazy idea...if you think an article or writer is ridiculous, STOP. Don't share their stuff, don't talk about it. Their entire goal is to get you to talk about it so when you run here in huff, out of breath and sweating to post dumb sh*t....you're doing their job for them.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Always seemed to me Josh Norman was brought in as a see what he's got left back up. I don't recall Singletary's fumbling as being a big issue when the games counted last season (I could be wrong) and if we could find a trade partner for Chris Brown, maybe a 6th rounder we may be able to improve next season.

15 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Seriously, how do people not understand that like 60% of sports writing is 'bait tactics'

Write something ridiculous...get people to get upset then go link your article all over forums, social media, etc and drive up your traffic. 

Here's a crazy idea...if you think an article or writer is ridiculous, STOP. Don't share their stuff, don't talk about it. Their entire goal is to get you to talk about it so when you run here in huff, out of breath and sweating to post dumb sh*t....you're doing their job for them.

I understand what you are saying..but if that was true he would have the Cowboys ranked in the 20's....not a small market team like the Bills.  You want to get people upset and drive up your traffic, have the Cowboys and Pats ranked well into the 20's, and that will do the job.

20 minutes ago, MJS said:

All accounts are that the Bills have looked really good, well prepared, and firing on all cylinders in training camp. What has been bad about it?

Chris Brown apparently. Every time he breaks reporting protocol every opponent we are due to play this season gets a field goal headstart. It is in the new CBA.

• Haha (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

I understand what you are saying..but if that was true he would have the Cowboys ranked in the 20's....not a small market team like the Bills.  You want to get people upset and drive up your traffic, have the Cowboys and Pats ranked well into the 20's, and that will do the job.

You misunderstand. The ridiculous thing is having the cowboys that high. It's not simply putting everyone at 32 that makes it ridiculous. The point is to elicit a strong reaction and get those people prone to reading something and then drop everything and race to others to tell them about it. 

Syndicated sports writers write for ratings. This is a prime example as the Dallas fan base is Top-3 league wide.

This particular writer shows special adherence to discipline rating Buffalo 23rd.. because amazingly that's what Buffalo draws in ratings.

Sleep well my friend, because the Bills are a Top 10 team and will surprise most of the national media.

39 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

You misunderstand. The ridiculous thing is having the cowboys that high. It's not simply putting everyone at 32 that makes it ridiculous. The point is to elicit a strong reaction and get those people prone to reading something and then drop everything and race to others to tell them about it. 

Yes, however the same is usually done when the team you root for is ranked high.  Everyone races to tell others.  If the Bills were ranked 4th by this clown and the cowboys 26th, I imagine the reverse reactions would take place and an equal amount of clicks.  

The ranking is just trash.

• Like (+1) 1

It is seemingly about training camp siloed irrespective of the team's talent (which is stupid and narrow) but I haven't heard the Bills having a bad training camp overall. Seems to be fairly even keeled. Not a ton of injuries and a lot of fairly normal camp stories. Whoever put together this list must be trolling. 

2 hours ago, MJS said:

Haha, wow. They are going to look pretty foolish.

They won‘t be alone, that’s for sure. A guy on FS1 was just wondering if the Bills could win the AFCE with Josh Allen throwing his 6 yard passes. Huh???  Captain Checkdown he is NOT!

There should be some “Marshall Faulk Award” every season given to the biggest idiots.   

Edited by Augie

2 hours ago, mjd1001 said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/ranking-all-32-nfl-teams-by-training-camp-performance-ravens-steelers-among-the-top-five/

I know most sites like to over-rate the Cowboys...but the justification for the Bills 26th? Singletary fumbling problem, a team write 'gone rogue' and Josh Norman not looking good.  I know the author say they are based on how teams look in camp...but they also say they take into consideration how good the team is overall.

And how can you rank a team based on a couple weeks of training camp performance when very little actual footage/info is coming out of camps this year and no games are being played?

Hope this isn't a repost, I took a quick scan of current topics and didn't see it anywhere.

"BUFFALO VS EVERYBODY"

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

Writer of the article.

Bio

Cody Benjamin is an author and journalist based in Southern Minnesota. He currently covers the NFL as a staff writer for CBS Sports.

A graduate of Indiana University of Pennsylvania, his writing has been referenced by CBS News, NFL.com and The Washington Post.

Originally from Pennsylvania, Cody has contributed to SB Nation, LNP Media Group (Lancaster Newspapers) and the Faribault County (Minn.) Register. He began his journalism career in high school, when he was first credentialed to cover the Philadelphia Eagles.

Outside of writing, Cody can usually be found at a movie theater, watching Philly sports or being weird with his wife and two kids.

Damn - if he had read hair he'd be Beaker.....

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Augie said:

They won‘t be alone, that’s for sure. A guy on FS1 was just wondering if the Bills could win the AFCE with Josh Allen throwing his 6 yard passes. Huh???  Captain Checkdown he is NOT!

There should be some “Marshall Faulk Award” every season given to the biggest idiots.   

I actually wish he would check it down a little more!

• Like (+1) 1

He has the Chiefs at #7 but then says "Make no mistake: They're still No. 1 or 2 in actual power rankings". So I'm guessing this is the Alternative Facts Power Ranking.

He should have just put the Washington Football Team at #1. The fan base there have had to deal with a lot lately they could use the boost 

Edited by ProcessAccepted
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

Writer of the article.

Bio

Seems like Cody has Diggs envy...based in MN

Edited by Locomark
  • Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, MJS said:

I actually wish he would check it down a little more!

He could EASILY get his completion % WAY UP by dumping off a little more and giving his guys a chance to make a play. Same with the long ball, give them a chance to make a play or get the PI call. The 10 yard overthrow won’t be an INT, but get it close and it just might work out for us.

Know down/distance and game situation. A pick on a long ball might be almost as good as a punt. I have high hopes for him this year. 

2 hours ago, mjd1001 said:

Underestimate us!!!

Look past us!!!

Let us fly under the radar!!!

Works for Me???

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1