Jordan Phillips sendoff to Bills

His comments are very good PR for the Bills organization imo. 

• Like (+1) 16

Say what you want about how good of a player he is and what that is worth.

I have loved his attitude and personality since the day he arrived. I don't think he will be back unless the market for him isn't what he thought. Will miss him getting the fans and teamates pumped.

• Like (+1) 10

8 minutes ago, Watkins90 said:

He said thank you coach, Les, and Mr. Beane. So, he definitely thanked McD. 

I don’t see no stinking comma between coach and les

21 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Obviously McDermott is a problem based on this.

maybe McDermott was the bad guy. Somebody had to say ‘but against the run’ yada yada...

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

I think Jordan is gone and I think we all know he is gone. Was a good pickup for the Bills. Wish him luck elsewhere. 

Gave the Bills two good seasons fairly cheap. Dude has never had a big contract so I can't blame him for getting as much as he can. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

He sounds like a guy that doesnt want to leave

I think he is sincere in his appreciation and would probably like to stay. However, it is a business and he is going to go where the money is. 

• Like (+1) 3

Interesting that he didn't measure up in Miami.......and did great here.  I think things were really screwed up down in Miami for them to miss like that.  Bills and JP did each other good, and I wish him the best going forward...where ever he lands.

1 minute ago, bigK14094 said:

Interesting that he didn't measure up in Miami.......and did great here.  I think things were really screwed up down in Miami for them to miss like that.  Bills and JP did each other good, and I wish him the best going forward...where ever he lands.

Some good info on what went down in Miami. You arent far off in your assessment that the franchise is screwed up.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article222300710.html

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I think Jordan is gone and I think we all know he is gone. Was a good pickup for the Bills. Wish him luck elsewhere. 

Agreed.  It's not that he serve a valuable purpose to a team, but there are several reasons why he's no longer a great fit for the Bills at the price he's likely to command in free agency.

5 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

Agreed.  It's not that he serve a valuable purpose to a team, but there are several reasons why he's no longer a great fit for the Bills at the price he's likely to command in free agency.

Hard disagree.

He's a great fit in that we have a rotational line and need another talented 3-tech DT to rotate with Ed.

Ed is on his rookie contract, as is our QB, and we have $80M in cap space, so plenty of room to sign JP.

There is no better place on the roster to invest resources, and even over-invest, than in the trenches. And our OL is pretty much set.

What are your several reasons against that I'm not thinking of?

4 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Hard disagree.

He's a great fit in that we have a rotational line and need another talented 3-tech DT to rotate with Ed.

Ed is on his rookie contract, as is our QB, and we have $80M in cap space, so plenty of room to sign JP.

There is no better place on the roster to invest resources, and even over-invest, than in the trenches. And our OL is pretty much set.

What are your several reasons against that I'm not thinking of?

Phillips has been a liability in run defense.  Ed Oliver, though much smaller, has proven to have a better skill set as a run defender along with his upside as an interior pass rusher.  Harrison Phillips will return to active status in 2020.  He is going to be primarily a 1 tech, but he is becoming more explosive and developing a skill set as a 3 tech.  I think the Bills can sign a good complementary 3 tech in free agency for less than Jordan Phillips' price.  They have a significant percentage of the cap tied up in the D-line now.  If they are going to spend money to retain a free agent defensive lineman, Shaq Lawson is a better run defender and is developing as a pass rusher, and he can play outside, or move inside on passing downs.