Gruden keeps 3 QB's to keep Peterman (UPDATE: IR'd)

BigDingus

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nathan-peterman-expected-to-make-raiders-roster-133407701.html

"Rapoport reports that head coach Jon Gruden likes Peterman and wants to help turn his career around. That is no surprise to anyone who has kept up with the Raiders on HBO’s “Hard Knocks”, where Gruden has been complimentary of the former Buffalo Bills quarterback."

Well that's nice of him! It's cool to see Gruden's taken a personal interest in Peterman & wants to help resurrect his career. I hope he's successful.

Edited by BigDingus
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Looking good in preseason was never Peterman's problem.  Maybe he finally has enough experience, and maybe he's lifted enough weights to gain enough strength, to handle live action in real games.  I hope so, for his sake.  He always seemed like a good guy.

Another former Bills QB draft pick, Cardale Jones, looked good in preseason with the Chargers but got cut.  He might be a better choice for our practice squad than Jackson.

4 minutes ago, Utah John said:

He always seemed like a good guy.

J. P. Losman is my favorite all around good guy.

If I'm not mistaken, JP bought a house on Oakland Place, in the heart of downtown and tried to make himself part of the community.

They both sucked as starters.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Gigs said:

I watch hardknocks...I dont see what everyone is seeing. It seems peterman is soft and doesnt want to take charge. Cant QB if you dont have presence

Does Eli Manning have that presence? Joe Flacco? Jay Cutler? Plenty of successful QB's haven't been natural leaders.

If Peterman continues to fail it's because he sucks, not because he isn't a leader.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, boater said:

J. P. Losman is my favorite all around good guy.

If I'm not mistaken, JP bought a house on Oakland Place, in the heart of downtown and tried to make himself part of the community.

They both sucked as starters.

Losman at least did some stuff in the regular season. Peterman is in the Bills Pre season hall of fame!!

3 hours ago, jkeerie said:

You haven't missed much.  

Yeah... I watched it for the first time ever this year... My sister-in-law gave me the login for her company's HBO GO account. I was super pumped... kinda lost interest after 2 episodes. 

Kind of bummed out. Maybe it's just because I can't stand the Raiders.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

Yeah... I watched it for the first time ever this year... My sister-in-law gave me the login for her company's HBO GO account. I was super pumped... kinda lost interest after 2 episodes. 

It was better when it started 18 years ago, before the Internet was full of behind the scenes, inside scoops and constant tweet updates (much like everything, I suppose).

Now I watchlike “Wait I’m watching stuff from a WEEk ago?  What am I, a Luddite!?”

It’s still fun to see some the personalities, but if it ain’t the Bills, my interest is already fading...

1 hour ago, CLTbills said:

It's the Jon Gruden show.  Last year there was so much drama with the Browns.   This year it's more like a bad sitcom.

There's one problem with Peterman that cannot be coached up or improved: he straight up doesn't have an NFL arm and struggles to do things like throw out passes with enough zip to avoid being picked off.

He doesn't belong on a NFL football field.  

He keeps getting chances b/c he is the kind of guy your typical "football guy" HC loves.

Peterman is a solid number 3 NFL quarterback. He is probably the perfect scout quarterback. Little salary. Very smart. 

While he does not have an NFL QB arm, he has an NFL QB mind.  Much of his failure in Buffalo had to do with a poor offensive line and poor receivers. People forget that Derek Anderson, who played 13 years in the NFL, looked just as bad as Peterman. Anderson threw 4 interceptions and 0 touchdowns while in Buffalo and didn't survive the season due to that line. Tom Brady would have struggled with the offensive line and receivers the Bills put on the field. It was arguably the worst offensive line/receivers combination any quarterback has ever played with. McCoy even struggled running the ball due to the line and receivers. 

Anyone who thinks they know more about quarterback evaluations than Jon Gruden is living in make believe world. The guy knows QB talent better than anyone in the game. If he thinks Peterman is an NFL quarterback  then Peterman is an NFL quarterback. I would not be surprised if Peterman lasts in the NFL as a backup for another 10 years. 

Edited by FUTURIST
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, FUTURIST said:

Peterman is a solid number 3 NFL quarterback. He is probably the perfect scout quarterback. Little salary. Very smart. 

While he does not have an NFL QB arm, he has an NFL QB mind.  Much of his failure in Buffalo had to do with a poor offensive line and poor receivers. People forget that Derek Anderson, who played 13 years in the NFL, looked just as bad as Peterman. Anderson threw 4 interceptions and 0 touchdowns while in Buffalo and didn't survive the season due to that line. Tom Brady would have struggled with the offensive line and receivers the Bills put on the field. It was arguably the worst offensive line/receivers combination any quarterback has ever played with. McCoy even struggled running the ball due to the line and receivers. 

Anyone who thinks they know more about quarterback evaluations than Jon Gruden is living in make believe world. The guy knows QB talent better than anyone in the game. If he thinks Peterman is an NFL quarterback  then Peterman is an NFL quarterback. I would not be surprised if Peterman lasts in the NFL as a backup for another 10 years. 

He is statistically the worst QB to have ever played a regular season game... think about that in context... of all of the busts who have graced the gridiron he is statistically the worst... the stats jive with the eye test on this one. 

burma-shave-1-stephen-stookey.thumb.jpg.74fedfb4a1f948e0a10850f79ec7e355.jpg

The Autumn wind is a pirate

Blustering in from sea

With a rollicking song, he sweeps along

Late Nate? Are you kidding me???

Peterman

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Raiders claimed DeShone Kizer. Would be hilarious if they release Glennon instead of Peterman

...LMAO.......Kizer?......Glennon better call Mayflower ASAP......Peterman is Chuckie's "houseboy".....I believe the quote was, "best NFL ready QB I've seen in years"......right up there with Jaws saying, "Kaep has the ability to be one of the top 10 greatest QB's in NFL history".......Biden pales in comparison.......

• Haha (+1) 2