LA Chargers give Gordon permission to seek trade, want a 1st & 5th

Reed83HOF

4 hours ago, Beane/Allen said:

Rumor has it Beane wants Gordon bad. 

Is he being swayed by the local media (Mike Schopp) which seems to put little emphasis on the running back position? 

Personally, I feel a big play on Gordon would show lack of confidence in who is under center. 

Are you actually Mike Schopp?

• Haha (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

No, if Gordon sits out past week 10 his contract will toll, and he will lose a year of accrued service toward FA. He would be on the 5th year option again in 2020.

bell wasn’t on the 5th year option. He was tagged, and didn’t sign it. 

Thank you. So we will be seeing him week 10, if all else fails.

Agree he needs to suit up and play assuming no trade happens fast. 

4 hours ago, Beane/Allen said:

Is he being swayed by the local media (Mike Schopp) which seems to put little emphasis on the running back position? 

Personally, I feel a big play on Gordon would show lack of confidence in who is under center. 

I think we can end the "probation" now.

11 hours ago, Beane/Allen said:

Good luck creating / spreading that rumor.  I think you should try to hook up with Dunkirk Don.

18 hours ago, billsfan_34 said:

Nope- too much plus a huge contract

....$10 mil/yr was not good enough..............

By Kevin Patra

• Around the NFL Writer
  • Published: Sept. 3, 2019 at 07:41 a.m

The Chargers gave Gordon's representatives the ability to seek out a trade over the weekend, and general manager Tom Telesco will not negotiate a new deal for the running back until after the season. NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport previously reported that the Chargers offered Gordon a deal worth $10 million per season and would not budge.

2 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

By Kevin Patra

• Around the NFL Writer

The Chargers gave Gordon's representatives the ability to seek out a trade over the weekend, and general manager Tom Telesco will not negotiate a new deal for the running back until after the season. NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport previously reported that the Chargers offered Gordon a deal worth $10 million per season and would not budge.

It wont be the Bills.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

By Kevin Patra

• Around the NFL Writer

I cant see any team giving up that kind of cash and assetts

• Like (+1) 1

I’m confused. Gordon wants a lot more money? He’s playing in a huge market, warm weather city, on a team that’s supposed to be in the playoffs this year, and is moving to the nicest stadium in the world in a year. Sheeesh! If his agents can figure out how to get him more money in a market the size of Los Angeles, he definitely needs to get new agents!

2 minutes ago, Virgil said:

They need to change this rule.  You should have to play more than half the season for it to count towards your contract participation.

I’d say you need to report by week 6 at the latest  

Good luck with that. The current CBA was a major win for the owners. I wouldn't expect that to happen again next time. If anything, the players will gain more power, not less.

• 3 weeks later...