LA Chargers give Gordon permission to seek trade, want a 1st & 5th

Reed83HOF

Gordon played this pretty bad.  I never really saw a back that was super special in him and he’s had like one good year.  I won’t be shocked if he shallows his pride shows up and tries to have a great year.

a guy in one league drafted Gordon and Elliott.  He’s either a genius or idiot. 

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Gordon played this pretty bad.  I never really saw a back that was super special in him and he’s had like one good year.  I won’t be shocked if he shallows his pride shows up and tries to have a great year.

I may be mistaken, but I think he has been hurt pretty often also. Unless I'm confusing him with someone else. I don't keep up with the Chargers but so much.

1 minute ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

I may be mistaken, but I think he has been hurt pretty often also. Unless I'm confusing him with someone else. I don't keep up with the Chargers but so much.

Yeah, he has and he had a season of 0 tds as a starter!

Zeke and Bell are idiots but they are way better players than Gordon. 

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I did that in one of my leagues. Elliott I expect to play right away, Gordon by week 4 at the latest. Considering how far they fell I'm more than happy with the value. I actually took Elliott in the 2nd round in 3 different leagues. I had no doubt he would sign a new deal in time.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I did that in one of my leagues. Elliott I expect to play right away, Gordon by week 4 at the latest. Considering how far they fell I'm more than happy with the value. I actually took Elliott in the 2nd round in 3 different leagues. I had no doubt he would sign a new deal in time.

He also draft Leveon last year too.  He swings for the fences haha.

54 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

You're braver than I. After LeVeon punked me in four leagues last year, I'm hesitant to tough RBs with contract issues. (I picked up Conner in all four leagues so things worked out, but still...)

Edited by Golden Goat

Really irks for me that players are now holding out on their rookie deals. Isn’t the whole point of these  rookie deals is to have some certainty re the CBA? These contracts are basically bargained for ahead of time. 

Plus, as others have said, Gordon has maybe had one good season, and is injury prone. I don’t think the chargers really want to re-sign him; he’s a guy you let walk as a free agent.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Really irks for me that players are now holding out on their rookie deals. Isn’t the whole point of these  rookie deals is to have some certainty re the CBA? These contracts are basically bargained for ahead of time. 

Plus, as others have said, Gordon has maybe had one good season, and is injury prone. I don’t think the chargers really want to re-sign him; he’s a guy you let walk as a free agent.

In the last year of their contract, I get it.  I think that should be the window.  The people doing it with two years left?  They can kick rocks 

10 hours ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Does it also Irk you when teams cut players in their Rookie Contract?

5 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Does it also Irk you when teams cut players in their Rookie Contract?

That’s part of the deal. These rookie deals are collectively bargained for; if the union wanted to protect those under rookie contracts better, they can bargain for it.

i have less of an issue when guys are on their second deals, as that’s basically a “private” contract between the team and player. Do whatever you want then. 

51 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

No it does not! It’s called a Contract, and the player signed it. I’m pretty sure the team is not in breach of contract if they cut the player. 

And Players are not in breach of contract when they hold out either. So goes both ways. I have NO ISSUE with players holding out trying to get more money. 

However they have to know the market and Gordon  has overplayed his hand this entire summer 

52 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

They negotiated that in the CBA.  The players don’t like it they should blame their executive team.

Yep and Owners shouldn’t complain about holdouts either. Looking at you Jones. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

And Players are not in breach of contract when they hold out either. So goes both ways. I have NO ISSUE with players holding out trying to get more money. 

However they have to know the market and Gordon  has overplayed his hand this entire summer 

Yep and Owners shouldn’t complain about holdouts either. Looking at you Jones. 

True.  And the player shouldn’t complain about the fines they get when they hold out either.

12 hours ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

If rookies can be cut before the end of those contracts they should also be able to hold out. It goes both ways.

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

No it does not! It’s called a Contract, and the player signed it. I’m pretty sure the team is not in breach of contract if they cut the player. 

The team signed the contract too. Why do you not see that it is the same thing when teams cut players when they still have years on their contract?