LA Chargers give Gordon permission to seek trade, want a 1st & 5th

Reed83HOF

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

How does an agent "seek a trade partner"?

I would guess he goes around and asks teams what they would pay him, he picks the team(s) that offers him what he wants, then that team rings up the Chargers to see what it would take to get him.  I presume the larger the contract, the smaller the trade offer.

1 minute ago, 1ManRaid said:

I would guess he goes around and asks teams what they would pay him, he picks the team(s) that offers him what he wants, then that team rings up the Chargers to see what it would take to get him.  I presume the larger the contract, the smaller the trade offer.

Teams aren't going to tell him how much they would pay him unless they have an idea what they would get in return.

Just now, Cheektowaga Chad said:

I believe the chargers were offering 10 million, he wants closer to 14 million. But this is going off memory

I'd say Zeke could get top money. Gordon should take the offer from the Chargers as I don't think he's a top 5 back.

1 minute ago, qwksilver said:

I'd say Zeke could get top money. Gordon should take the offer from the Chargers as I don't think he's a top 5 back.

Yeah 10 million for Gordon seems pretty fair to me.

I wonder if its the years that are the real issue between Gordon and the Chargers. And that is why there has been such a big hang up over the contract

3 minutes ago, qwksilver said:

Should he get too RB money though?    Remember, several of the top RBs are at the front of their rookie contracts, so does Gordon not deserve what goes for top5 RB (second contract ) money?

Before you answer, remember, until this am, McCoy was a top 5 paid RB...

17 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Should he get too RB money though?    Remember, several of the top RBs are at the front of their rookie contracts, so does Gordon not deserve what goes for top5 RB (second contract ) money?

Before you answer, remember, until this am, McCoy was a top 5 paid RB...

I always felt McCoy was too expensive. If I were the Chargers I wouldn't offer more than the 10 per stated above. If I were Cowboys I'd pay Zeke (with a clause or 2 for his off field stuff.) Each situation and RB is different.

2 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

S N A T C H

Seems excessive to me, but whatevs. :P

Can you name a four letter word for that?

Grab