LA Chargers give Gordon permission to seek trade, want a 1st & 5th

Reed83HOF

If this is a topic eslewhere please delete etc...I hadn't seen it here....

Considering that Gordon has been told by the Chargers he can play on his current deal or he can seek a trade, I have thought that there aren't a lot of teams that could both afford and need a RB at this point, but Buffalo seems to be a team that meats the criteria.  Would you guys want him?  If so, what are your thoughts on a contract and trade compensation?

Just now, Zerovoltz said:

Considering that Gordon has been told by the Chargers he can play on his current deal or he can seek a trade, I have thought that there aren't a lot of teams that could both afford and need a RB at this point, but Buffalo seems to be a team that meats the criteria.  Would you guys want him?  If so, what are your thoughts on a contract and trade compensation?

I don't think he's elite, so no, I'm not interested. The Bills' stable of running backs is pretty good now anyways.

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

It's not a topic elsewhere, because it's a ridiculous/troll question.

• Like (+1) 1

RB's take a beating and therefore have short careers while playing a key skill position, so I understand why the want to get paid. HOWEVER, RBs that can help you win a superbowl come a dime a dozen so unfortunately it isnt worth overpaying for these guys. Gordon is clearly showing he wants to get paid big or will not show up to work so therefore it's a no from me dawg.

No because contracts mean something.  They are important. 

Second, has there been a player who's forced themselves out of a contract, got traded, got a new contract, and fulfilled it?  These guys just want to get paid and once they do, they aren't going to risk their lives for the money anymore.  

If I were the NFL, I'd collude against any player wanting to force themselves out of a contract.  

Edited by dpberr
  • Like (+1) 1