REPORT: Steelers trading Antonio Brown to Bills! - Per Ian Rapoport (Hold up....maybe, maybe not....) EDIT: DEAL NOT HAPPENING PER BRANDON BEANE - UPDATE: Traded to Raiders

sven233

Just now, Buffalo Junction said:

IIRC, Sterling Sharpe was the last player to have a real escalator contract. However it wasn’t directly tied to the cap. It was a 5 or 6 year deal that guaranteed that he would be the highest paid WR (by $1) every season. 

I could even see a player like AB happily taking a contract like that. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Andrew Philliponi, ex-WGR, now on a PGH station, speaking with Howard and Jeremy now, says AB's goal is to get an outright release from the Steelers. He wants to pick his next team and negotiate for his best deal. Can't do that via trade.

Then if I'm Pittsburgh I let him rot since he under contract. 

• Like (+1) 4

30 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

We dont know the facts. You dont know the facts. And yes, you are in the minority of those who are upset and angry. I see most fans here being "meh, would have been good to have him, but comes with too much baggage to be a big issue"

Yes, we know the fact that there are fans that are angry, wtf is so hard to grasp about this.

Now 66 pages and counting of just meh, oh well, moving on... no, there are people who are upset/angry about the situation. Not just not getting the player, but also how this portrayed Buffalo and how Buffalo was ragged on.

I also sited there are other social media outlets other than just this site with plenty of angry/upset fans.

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

I don't think you give that for a player they must trade. You shouldn't be offering more than a 3rd round pick. It just goes to show Beane is in over his head.

Why do you think the deal didn't go through ? Because Bean is not over his head he is doing what any good GM would do & seeing what is out there to make the team better .

That being said i believe thats all he was doing because when the rubber hits the road McD IMHO would never bring that guy with all he has done & said against his former team mates here.

He is a player that was shown up By Ju Ju & because he wasn't "The Guy" any more is stomping his feet & taking his ball & going some where else .

But Bean is in no way in over his head he was inquiring about a player & he was probably low balling because he knew the guy was a douche bag & that's why the deal was doomed from the beginning because Bean wasn't going to give what the Steelers want !! 

Edited by T master

2 hours ago, nucci said:

then what's the point of creating all this cap space?

Smart and multiple FA acquisitions that don't spend all of the FA capital at once coupled with the draft builds a team with longevity.  

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

If the Bills had an offense in the same ballpark of 

KC, Rams, Colts, Tampa, Philly high volume throwing offenses AB would be having a press conference here at the start of the league year

Odd that none of them has shown any interest in him.  Colts have a ton of cap but seem content to keep their picks and leverage free agency.

18 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

That's the thing. Oakland and D.C. are crappy cities. I don't understand all of the hate. 

It’s the ignorant old reputation. Is he looking at the city, or the quality of the team? I think he’d probably like to do it fantasy style. Pick Miami as a city in the first round, Mahomes for QB in the 2nd, and so on....maybe he’d consider our defense? 

Sorry AB, that’s not how it works. They all just couldn’t manage to get along. With all that drama I’m glad I’m not a Steelers fan. I don’t know if I could root for that mess. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillsFan17 said:

Yes, we know the fact that there are fans that are angry, wtf is so hard to grasp about this.

Now 66 pages and counting of just meh, oh well, moving on... no, there are people who are upset/angry about the situation. Not just not getting the player, but also how this portrayed Buffalo and how Buffalo was ragged on.

I also sited there are other social media outlets other than just this site with plenty of angry/upset fans.

The only way to change the perception of the team is to win. That’s it. Green Bay is just as depressing and miserable of a place as Buffalo, but players will gladly go there because they (used) to win. 

If we want respect for our team, they have to earn it on the field. No more blowouts to the Ravens, no more Peterman’s. No more middling between 7-9 wins a year. Make a statement and players will play here. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, BillsSB2020 said:

Yep. Unfortunately, we are at a disadvantage in terms of acquiring players. Sad but true. I'm impressed that Beane was willing to go out on a limb and take a shot on a less than perfect human for the betterment of the team. It's unfortunate that it didn't come to fruition, but very happy with Beane.

I think the disadvantage is about to go away. We are approaching the time when a lot of good players will want to play for the Bills.  

I never thought they'd get AB (until this recent stuff), but Paradis could be the first breakthrough.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, dneveu said:

Odd that none of them has shown any interest in him.  Colts have a ton of cap but seem content to keep their picks and leverage free agency.

And that COMPLETELY missed the point.

Point I am making it is less about the City, more about the Offense this Bills team has elected to run since the K-Gun days. with the old school run first play defense because the weather gets bad.

3 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Really? Who's winning the title this year?

Not sure what that has to do with anything.

If you are implying GS will win and that makes some sort of point... not sure what point that is.

The talent pool in the league is huge and wide-spread.

The East has 4 worthy powers and the west has at least that.

Do the star players drive the league? absolutely... And?

1 minute ago, BillsFan17 said:

New Jersey, Connecticut, New Hampshire... just to name a few places with higher property tax

Still awful and worst overall factoring all the other taxes.  NY has the highest tax burden.

20 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

I am a Beane fan for some of the same reasons.  He knows what he is willing to pay and he sticks by that. He doesn't let emotions carry him away in the middle of negotiations.  

And as others have said, it's a good sign that McD were willing to take on a possible problem guy.  It means they like how they have the Tam set up and they aren't afraid of the challenge.  

They also were willing to pay a big price or they wouldn't have been in serious negotiations. 

Usually in pretty good lock-step on your takes, but I did not like this move by Beane at all.

Felt too much like a page out of the Dan Snyder book of team building.

Sign big name, generate buzz, sell seats, team sucks, rinse and repeat. 

Tough not to get a little offended on just how hard people go at Buffalo nationally when a big name player is linked here. Their loss though, great place to live.

I wouldn’t blame a players perception being negative as the Bills have been an abysmal franchise most of my life. Consistent winning is all that can overcome that.

Glad to see they kicked the tires on a talented player though.

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Remember the Bills PUT them in this spot ignoring the offense until (maybe) this year

I think you're reading too much into it.  AB is a PITA, that's the problem.  Screw him.

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Remember the Bills PUT them in this spot ignoring the offense until (maybe) this year

We can build an offense around others. We are building to win a Superbowl, not to appease specific star players.

5 minutes ago, WideNine said:

Usually in pretty good lock-step on your takes, but I did not like this move by Beane at all.

Felt too much like a page out of the Dan Snyder book of team building.

Sign big name, generate buzz, sell seats, team sucks, rinse and repeat. 

OR it was McBeane knowing they have a strong locker room in place with a lot of high character process guys that could easily absorb AB's personality without it being a problem because his talent is immense at a position of huge need....or what you said lol 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

I think the disadvantage is about to go away. We are approaching the time when a lot of good players will want to play for the Bills.  

AB nixed a trade when it's clear there aren't very many suitors. Not like he was a free agent. I would have thought he'd love to play with a QB like Allen.

I will say this; Buffalo will never be a glamour city, but winning solves a lot of free agency/reputation woes. So as to your statement, just win baby!