REPORT: Steelers trading Antonio Brown to Bills! - Per Ian Rapoport (Hold up....maybe, maybe not....) EDIT: DEAL NOT HAPPENING PER BRANDON BEANE - UPDATE: Traded to Raiders

sven233

21 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Why?  The deal was done. Bills and Steelers agreed on compensation. 

The Player blew it up. You think Steelers are happy about that?

I'm pretty sure that Pittsburgh Mgt is furious about this. BUT Rappaport allegedly was still reporting the deal as done around 7am this morning (per Josh Alpert PFT) long after AB called it "Fake News"...

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/03/08/brandon-beane-were-moving-on-from-antonio-brown-talks/

One of those responses came from PFT as a league source told us a deal is “not even close,” but Rapoport isn’t backing off the report. He told Mike Florio in a text that the deal is “going through” and posted something similar on Twitter a short time later.

4 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

I suppose there's still a chance if the other teams can't make a deal, either.  When the Steelers' price comes down they might call Beane again. 

I like how up front Beane is about this. Puts out a statement and ends all the speculation. 

AB ended the speculation.

Just now, MAJBobby said:

But he did pay a compensation package that was Agreed to by the Steelers.  and then the reports are it wasn't about money with Brown he just didn't want to play in Buffalo, and I you are a WR really why would you?

I'm choosing to ignore this. I've defended brown but from here out, eff him, unless he somehow ends up on the bills. Then I reserve the right to reverse my judgment.

4 minutes ago, wppete said:

I assume Adam is the new Buffalo hero, because he said some nice things about the city.

Could it be that Buffalonians get so mad when people dog the city, because deep down inside they know that there may be some truth to it

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

When is poyer getting a reality show. He's a great player, but I'm getting tired of hearing about this.

Did it actually happen? Also would she bang him with that weird moustache? It looks like he's a teen who wants a moustache but can't grow it. So he murdered a homeless man, bleached the whiskers and glued them to his face.

Great receiver, but makes some bad decisions.

Haha truth.  Not even positive it happened but ill play devils advocate.  Also dont forget Lebron tried hitting on Rachel too, no shortage or drama there.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, The Senator said:

This thread is getting ridiculous.  As Bills fans, we should be rejoicing that Beane wasn’t willing to overpay Brown and overcompensate the Steelers.

Hallelujah!  Beane didn’t throw his long term rebuilding plan out the window for a 10th year WR with attitude problems and maybe 2 good years left, maybe just one.

BTW, what’s the over/under on number of replies to this thread by noon today?  (I say it goes over 5000)

But that's not what happened. We supposedly had a deal in place with the Steelers. And nobody is saying this had anything to do with contract demands.

The knucklehead just didn't want to come here. 

Just now, DefenseWins said:

I'm pretty sure that Pittsburgh Mgt is furious about this. BUT Rappaport allegedly was still reporting the deal as done around 7am this morning (per Josh Alpert PFT) long after AB called it "Fake News"...

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/03/08/brandon-beane-were-moving-on-from-antonio-brown-talks/

One of those responses came from PFT as a league source told us a deal is “not even close,” but Rapoport isn’t backing off the report. He told Mike Florio in a text that the deal is “going through” and posted something similar on Twitter a short time later.

Again where was Rap wrong.

Buffalo and Pitt Agreed on a compensation package?

It wasn't until after Bills talked with AB and Drew that they backed out?

Where was he wrong?

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, DefenseWins said:

His source was the Steelers.   The trade was being finalized.  Brown and Rosenhaus let Schefter know he wouldnt report.  The Steelers told Rappaport the deal was being done whether Brown liked it or not.  The Bills got sick of the nonsense and pulled out of the trade. 

• Like (+1) 3

Nixed because AB did not want to go to Buffalo...huh?

Why would Beans go after this me-first clown to begin with?

I thought McDermott said he was looking for team guys and role players on offense, not prima donnas; From what I have read AB is like the anti-role player.

That deal had the stink of marketing deal to gen buzz and fill seats, rather than bring in the right guys that can help the team move forward and win more games sans drama.

Disappointed with that kind of product marketing thinking, the same kind that brought Wrecks and his name recognition and ego to the Bills.

Edited by WideNine

3 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Some classics in there. 

Man I can't believe Jeremy Maclin thread got as long as Marios

Ditto on the Maclin thread! Looking back it is humiliating to admit how much I cared about that drama.

Just now, CountDorkula said:

I assume Adam is the new Buffalo hero, because he said some nice things about the city.

Could it be that Buffalonians get so mad when people dog the city, because deep down inside they know that there may be some truth to it

That doesn’t make much sense. It is the complete opposite. They get so mad because they know it not to be true. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, CountDorkula said:

Of course that's part of the reason they get so mad, but screw anyone who bashes Buffalo anyway!

2 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

It’s called pride.  Get some

20 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

1. Poyer's wife cheated on him AB.  I realize "two men can talk it out like adults," but I think it is completely unreasonable to think that this is one of those situations where two people can just talk it out. 

2. AB is 100% better than Poyer. No doubt. My point is about culture and "process."  You don't get to say that you are building a family and then throw one of your core players under the bus by bringing in, arguably, the person you hate most in the world.  When you do that, you reduce everyone in the locker room to an asset, and throw away the sense that each player is a part of a "family."  

This is a business. The Bills will make the best business decision for the team every time. If you think otherwise you are just being naive 

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Again where was Rap wrong.

Buffalo and Pitt Agreed on a compensation package?

It wasn't until after Bills talked with AB and Drew that they backed out?

Where was he wrong?

That’s correct. Rap was not wrong. In fact, he is the only one who had the real scoop first. 

3 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

I visit Buffalo a few times a year for Bills games and I think its a wonderful place myself. Much better place to live than NYC where I lived for past three years. Deep down most people get mad because it gets old. It's a tired lazy opinion at this point. Little bit of research would show that most players end up loving playing in Buffalo. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I don't want the NFL to be the NBA. Ever.

The owners need to be strong against this kind of idiocy.

What kind of idiocy? They get paid well, but they generate a lot of revenue, they don't have guaranteed contracts. The players get the short end of the stick.

Comparing the NFL to the NBA is just not getting it. Players flocking to golden state or the heat with lebron has been happening in the NFL for years. They're two completely different sports. 13 man rosters, 8 man rotation, players playing offense and defense vs a 53, with 22 starters isn't even comparable.

25 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Screw this ***** team and it's holier than thou coach.  Someone as knowledgeable as John Gruden calls Brown the hardest worker he's ever seen but that's not good enough? Until THE PROCESS includes assembling talent it will be a huge failure.  Stupid coach.

Ridiculous. Beane has it right. The Bills haven't worked this hard to get the team with a ton of cap space and a bunch of picks with what clearly looks to finally be the franchise QB to bring in a guy who has the high chance of not reporting to camp and creating the TMZ-like crap that messes with a team. Especially a player who walked out on his team when they needed him most.

It ain't holier-than-thou. It's risk/reward and clearly Beane didn't like the risk. Frankly, I'm glad the leak made Brown squeak a bit. Better now than Week 3.

And lastly,  the entire NFL is littered with successful NFL people who said something nice about a player, and were wrong. Gruden is no exception. 

Edited by LABillzFan
  • Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Juice_32 said:

Of course that's part of the reason they get so mad, but screw anyone who bashes Buffalo anyway!

Some of the lowest pay rates in the nation

highest tax rates

weather is not the best (move here in October i've seen 2-3 days of 40 degree weather)

but you can buy crap beer here for $2, so that cheap.

i used to think buffalo was the best and anyone who dogged the city was an idiot.

I moved away 6 years ago.

My wife and i move back here because of family.

We are thinking about leaving again because of how expensive it is to live here.

16 minutes ago, TOboy said:

But that's not what happened. We supposedly had a deal in place with the Steelers. And nobody is saying this had anything to do with contract demands.

The knucklehead just didn't want to come here. 

Then we should still rejoice, only longer.

But I thought Beane was involved in the negotiations, and his quote was that, in the end , the deal didn’t make sense for either the Bills or the Steelers. So we really don’t know if the Steelers were asking too much, or Brown, or both.

Just because Rappaport or some other hack said it was because Brown refused to come here, we should believe that?

Edited by The Senator
  • Like (+1) 1

Is there any way the NFL can push a contract fulfillment clause into the next CBA? Brown is disgruntled and wants more guaranteed money. He must have forgot about the signing bonus he got? Maybe take out signing bonuses from contract negotiations. Make the player actually play for every dime of the contract. It can still be guaranteed for injury. But Pitt is really left holding the bag. They have a worthless asset that they have already paid a ton of guaranteed money to, even if AB doesn’t see it that way. 

1 minute ago, Ol Dirty B said:

What kind of idiocy? They get paid well, but they generate a lot of revenue, they don't have guaranteed contracts. The players get the short end of the stick.

Comparing the NFL to the NBA is just not getting it. Players flocking to golden state or the heat with lebron has been happening in the NFL for years. They're two completely different sports. 13 man rosters, 8 man rotation, players playing offense and defense vs a 53, with 22 starters isn't even comparable.

And yet, the NFLPA WANTS it to be comparable.

No thanks.

No thanks to players with 60% of the income, no thanks to players determining who the coach is, or where they play, even if they have a contract. NO THANK YOU.

6 minutes ago, BillsMafia13 said:

Haha truth.  Not even positive it happened but ill play devils advocate.  Also dont forget Lebron tried hitting on Rachel too, no shortage or drama there.

I agree, no shortage of drama there. I just have no interest in that kind of drama.

Trade poyer. He cost us AB.