REPORT: Steelers trading Antonio Brown to Bills! - Per Ian Rapoport (Hold up....maybe, maybe not....) EDIT: DEAL NOT HAPPENING PER BRANDON BEANE - UPDATE: Traded to Raiders

sven233

9 minutes ago, nucci said:

you know his new team and that we play them? what if it's opening day?

I meant playoff game.... little touchy this morning aren’t we?   Yes I know where he going, that we play them, and it’s not opening day... lighten up it’s just a game. 

2 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

I think we have a real real shot at exactly this happening.  Nothing is certain but I'm optimistic.  

That said, the narrative will never change.  The upper echelon NFL owners do not want a team in Buffalo.  They can get bent but the media yammerers will always do their bidding.  If you're looking for evidence that they are petulant entitled self serving douche bags, swing by the Asian Orchid on a Wednesday morning.

Free "Krafties" to the first 10 customers on Wednesdays. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, gonzo1105 said:

My question is who gave the info to Rapoport, to the point where he felt comfortable to go on air and announce a trade was very close?

Was it some low level staff member Beane was trying to fish out, was it Rosenhaus, realizing Browns market wasn’t good and fed Rapoport hoping that other teams would up their offers? 

I think might be Steelers on there part possibly.

1 minute ago, gonzo1105 said:

My question is who gave the info to Rapoport, to the point where he felt comfortable to go on air and announce a trade was very close?

Was it some low level staff member Beane was trying to fish out, was it Rosenhaus, realizing Browns market wasn’t good and fed Rapoport hoping that other teams would up their offers? 

Most likely scenario was a deal was close if not done, the team went to Rosenhaus / AB and they ran to the media to nuke it.  

Just now, ScottLaw said:

Fans are pissed but put yourself in their shoes. The Bills have been arguably the worst franchise in all of sports the past 20 years and it isn't exactly an appealing city. 

ABs a little off his rocker but can't blame him for being skeptical on going to Buffalo. 

Sure you can.  If he did any homework at all he'd have reached out to players who initially felt the same way and then loved it when they got here.  When I saw the news last night reporting a "done deal" I was extremely conflicted; the talent is undeniable but he's a head case (and on the wrong side of 30).

I'll stick with the process.

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Antonio Brown hurt himself on this. Now 2 teams cause his attitude doesn't wanna be there. Teams going to say he might do the same to us why trade for a attitude diva.

I really hope use the money to fix the O-Line

He doesn't want to be traded, he wants to be released.  He (and Rosenhaus) wants new money.

• Like (+1) 1

Rewind to early 90s and bet AB has no issues coming to Buffalo. 

Want a High Volume TGT WR. Have a high volume passing offense. That Wins. 

Hopefully this trade attempt shows that this regime wants to play a Modern NFL Offense. 

6 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

It has more to do with the Jordan Poyer stuff.  If Beane was willing to bring AB in, and through Poyer under the buss, that says Beane does not care about the players and all this "family" and "culture" stuff is a lie. 

Or that he hopes the two men can talk it out like adults.

Plus any GM would take Antonio Brown over Jordan Poyer if it came to that. Lots of good safeties about to hit FA

7 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

This

The Steelers have to be fuming.  Their chances at a decent deal are gone.  AB wants freedom and a new contract.  I 100% think the same thing would have happened with the Redskins or Titans unless a trade came with a fat new contract.  There's very little risk on the acquiring team if Brown is on his old deal, if he's a malcontent you can cut him with no cap hit.  A new contract changes that.  We just get heaped on because most of the media is unoriginal and will always take an easy pot shot joke about the Bills.

If I'm the owner it becomes a standoff - show up for work.  Otherwise i'll fine you/not pay you. 

If you show up and are a distraction trying to force a trade (a la jimmy butler) - i'll change your position.  You're now the backup center for the steelers - enjoy.  I'm sure a bunch of UDFA's would love to tee off on this guy.

Edited by dneveu

5 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

This

The Steelers have to be fuming.  Their chances at a decent deal are gone.  AB wants freedom and a new contract.  I 100% think the same thing would have happened with the Redskins or Titans unless a trade came with a fat new contract.  There's very little risk on the acquiring team if Brown is on his old deal, if he's a malcontent you can cut him with no cap hit.  A new contract changes that.  We just get heaped on because most of the media is unoriginal and will always take an easy pot shot joke about the Bills.

And that's AB's end game, free agency.

6 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Yep.

Fans are pissed but put yourself in their shoes. The Bills have been arguably the worst franchise in all of sports the past 20 years and it isn't exactly an appealing city. 

ABs a little off his rocker but can't blame him for being skeptical on going to Buffalo. 

Ridiculous.

Glad we're out. AB did us a favor by being honest and nixing the deal, you cant have players who have even the slightest hesitation about committing to the team. At the same time I completely understand coming to Buffalo being a hard sell at this point, it comes with the territory when you're an irrelevant franchise for two decades. Stop being irrelevant and they will come.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Or that he hopes the two men can talk it out like adults.

Plus any GM would take Antonio Brown over Jordan Poyer if it came to that. Lots of good safeties about to hit FA

1. Poyer's wife cheated on him AB.  I realize "two men can talk it out like adults," but I think it is completely unreasonable to think that this is one of those situations where two people can just talk it out. 

2. AB is 100% better than Poyer. No doubt. My point is about culture and "process."  You don't get to say that you are building a family and then throw one of your core players under the bus by bringing in, arguably, the person you hate most in the world.  When you do that, you reduce everyone in the locker room to an asset, and throw away the sense that each player is a part of a "family."  

Edited by JoshAllenHasBigHands
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

I'd sit him on the bench. Eat the contract and ruin his future.

These players have too much power as it is. They need to be broken.

Wow.....the players are the league...need to be broken?

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

He's signed through 2021.  Roster spots are too valuable, but I'd love it if the Steelers just let him sit at home for the next 3 seasons and hit FA at 33, 3 years removed from the league.

37 minutes ago, rodneykm said:

I'm excited we are exploring these types of deals. 

They're not going to sit on their hands this offseason. Free agency is going to be crazy. I wonder if AJ Green or Julio Jones are viable options now.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Screw this ***** team and it's holier than thou coach.  Someone as knowledgeable as John Gruden calls Brown the hardest worker he's ever seen but that's not good enough? Until THE PROCESS includes assembling talent it will be a huge failure.  Stupid coach.

image.png

Just now, Chuck Wagon said:

He's signed through 2021.  Roster spots are too valuable, but I'd love it if the Steelers just let him sit at home for the next 3 seasons and hit FA at 33, 3 years removed from the league.

would you pay one of your employees millions of dollars to stay home?

1 minute ago, BillsFanNC said:

Glad we're out. AB did us a favor by being honest and nixing the deal, you cant have players who have even the slightest hesitation about committing to the team. At the same time I completely understand coming to Buffalo being a hard sell at this point, it comes with the territory when you're an irrelevant franchise for two decades. Stop being irrelevant and they will come.

Shady threw the same fit about coming here, Kelly went to an entirely different league.   This is about a guy with a bleached blonde mustache being a complete and utter pain.  Not about the Bills losing.

Well, that was an exciting few hours. Before Ian Rappaport's folly, it didn't make sens to me to acquire a player who said football wasn't necessary to him.  It just didn't seem like a "process" move.

Just now, HappyDays said:

They're not going to sit on their hands this offseason. Free agency is going to be crazy. I wonder if AJ Green or Julio Jones are viable options now.

Green maybe but can't see Falcons letting Julio go.....Julio here would be great

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

A game I think he loses, ultimately. There's no way the Steelers should just release him. I get that they want to, but they should resist the urge. If he doesn't report, you put him on the reserve/did not report list and let him languish. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Screw this ***** team and it's holier than thou coach.  Someone as knowledgeable as John Gruden calls Brown the hardest worker he's ever seen but that's not good enough? Until THE PROCESS includes assembling talent it will be a huge failure.  Stupid coach.

Well buh-bye then. Plenty of room on the Raiders bandwagon. But why isn't Gruden on the phone with the Steelers?

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

A game I think he loses, ultimately. There's no way the Steelers should just release him. I get that they want to, but they should resist the urge. If he doesn't report, you put him on the reserve/did not report list and let him languish. 

he loses years of accrual too. break him.

2 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

1. Poyer's wife cheated on him AB.  I realize "two men can talk it out like adults," but I think it is completely unreasonable to think that this is one of those situations where two people could talk it out. 

2. AB is 100% better than Poyer. No doubt. My point is about culture and "process."  You don't get to say that you are building a family and then throw one of your core players under the bus by bringing in, arguably, the person you hate most in the world.  When you do that, you reduce everyone in the locker room to an asset, and throw away the sense that each player is apart of "family."  

Right?  Anybody who says "sure I can work next to the guy who smashed my now fiance" is a damn liar, idc how reasonable either party is.  

1 minute ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

1. Poyer's wife cheated on him AB.  I realize "two men can talk it out like adults," but I think it is completely unreasonable to think that this is one of those situations where two people could talk it out. 

2. AB is 100% better than Poyer. No doubt. My point is about culture and "process."  You don't get to say that you are building a family and then throw one of your core players under the bus by bringing in, arguably, the person you hate most in the world.  When you do that, you reduce everyone in the locker room to an asset, and throw away the sense that each player is apart of "family."  

She wasn't his wife when AB banged her. 

Poyer cheated on his first fiancé with his current wife.  Then he cheated on this current wife.

These guys don't care.  They are all tapping everything in their paths.  That's the life.