REPORT: Steelers trading Antonio Brown to Bills! - Per Ian Rapoport (Hold up....maybe, maybe not....) EDIT: DEAL NOT HAPPENING PER BRANDON BEANE - UPDATE: Traded to Raiders

sven233

5 minutes ago, K-9 said:

That's all that needs to be said. He's a quitter. 

Amazing how people can defend that. I don't care how much of an a hole Ben R is, deciding to quit on your teammates, coaches, and fans is ALWAYS ENTIRELY your decision. 

Antonio Brown is a loser. 

These grapes taste funny to anyone else?

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

Not at all.  Beane did his job, looked into bringing a very talented guy here.  Didn't work out, probably because Rosenhaus was involved.  So you move on

I don't think you get the transitive property. 

He's embarrassed by the Bills  for some reason. You're embarrassed by him being embarrassed by the bills. Therefore you're embarrassed by the Bills. He's a fan. You're a fan. It's not that serious. If you like the receiver it's a gut punch.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, CountDorkula said:

Bell had a fully guaranteed $15M contract.

How is that not quitting?

He wanted a long term deal with Gurley like guaranteed money. He made a business decision, he didn’t quit. It’s a lot different than Brown. I don’t like either guy, Brown would have been entertaining though so it was kind of exciting. 

I think we are getting a bit too crazy guys.

• Brown would have been the best offensive weapon the Bills have had in 20 years, with apologies to Shady. 
  • Giving him a massive extension probably did not make sense, and that may be where Beane backed out. 
  • The Bills showed aggression by going after him. This is a good thing. 
  • We should not now say how he is old and he sucks because the trade did not happen. Some people were saying this from the beginning. This is the wrong take. Whether you hate him or love him, Brown is awesome and an explosive football player.  
  • My gut tells me, that if the Steelers really struggle to move him, they could potentially circle back around. Probably unlikely, but you never know. 
  • Brown certainly would have made the offense more potent and helped Josh Allen. At the same time, his presence had the potential to hinder Josh Allen's development because he would likely be pressured to feed Brown the ball. The E-P system is all about complimentary routes and combinations. That is why you see a Patriots guy have 12 catches one week and 2 the next. Who gets the ball is predicated on how the defense plays those combinations. Brady has mastered this, and reading the defense, and that is why the ball is out so quick. 
  • Josh Allen is the star of this team and is the offensive weapon. We need to surround him with complimentary pieces, at the same time, Brown would have been fine here and the offensive would have been explosive.  
  • Brown was a walk on at Central Michigan, a sixth round pick playing in Pittsburgh for years. I find it hard to believe he would simply refuse to go to Buffalo. All WR are divas and his blonde mustache is stupid, but this guy is a great football player and I think he would have fit in fine here. At the same time, he could have possibly been a cancer, but I doubt it. 
  • Beane and McDermott want to win. The clean process stuff is overrated and over done. There are PED guys on the team, Shady has his shady side, Dawkins had an arrest and assault, Zay had his cray cray naked, drugged up thing goin on. They want football players who will buy into team and work their butts off. From all accounts, Brown works his ass off and loves playing football. 
  • Big Ben is a giant rapist douche. He is the cancer, and Brown looks like an ass for calling him out because no one is getting his back. 
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Ol Dirty B said:

I don't think you get the transitive property. 

He's embarrassed by the Bills  for some reason. You're embarrassed by him being embarrassed by the bills. Therefore you're embarrassed by the Bills. He's a fan. You're a fan. It's not that serious. If you like the receiver it's a gut punch.

I understand the transitive property and it has no bearing here.  If a=b and b=c then a=c.  That is a mathematic formulation and has no bearing whatsoever on the present topic.  I'm embarrassed by a fan saying he is embarrassed by the fact that his team kicked the tires on a guy and decided to bow out. There is no reason for him to be embarrassed; it is valid to be embarrassed by another fan being so ridiculous.   For your formulation to be valid the fan would have to equal the team.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Rufridr101 said:

The jets placed a 2nd rd tender on Robbie Anderson seems like a better fit for our young quarterback.  Never liked the idea of A.b. paired with Josh Allen. 

What?

Coming out people compared Allen to Big Ben every day. 

Big Ben and AB worked great for years together putting up monster numbers. Now AB doesn't pair well with Josh Allen?

1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

If that causes a gut punch to an individual, that individual lacks testicular fortitude. Period.

I've never been punched in the gut. Maybe I used the analogy wrong, maybe sucked the wind out of the building is more comparable? Rapaport reported it, then doubled down on it on live national television as soon as possible, then on the next segment said the Bills were out of it.

I'm not sure where testicles come into any of this...

4 minutes ago, Rufridr101 said:

The jets placed a 2nd rd tender on Robbie Anderson seems like a better fit for our young quarterback.  Never liked the idea of A.b. paired with Josh Allen. 

How long have you been thinking about this?

The AB trade would of been fun, but if he legit didn't want to come and play in western NY then he can kick rocks. We will more then likely be better off with a younger receiver who is more team oriented. P.S. AB probably dips his wings in ranch, and we all know we can't have that anyway.Image result for not up in here gif

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Just woke up to this. Dang Whatd I miss lol

bills had a trade agreement in place...story leaked.

AB tweeted "fake news"

we went back to bed....was fun while it lasted

now we hate him

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Indeed and our own Jon Wawrow poured cold water on it too. There could be a number of reasons for that.... but Rapoport is not just spitballing. He thinks this is happening. He isn't just doing 2+2=5. It isn't his style.

Lol you were saying

1 minute ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I've never been punched in the gut. Maybe I used the analogy wrong, maybe sucked the wind out of the building is more comparable? Rapaport reported it, then doubled down on it on live national television as soon as possible, then on the next segment said the Bills were out of it.

I'm not sure where testicles come into any of this...

It means that if THIS causes you emotional distress, you're emotionally weak.

8 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I'm embarrassed by people claiming to be fans of the team saying they're embarrassed about the team.

Oooo such edge. We are now a less desirable spot than Cleveland. Openly mocked by reporters and game day hosts. Your not really trying to discuss it, you are just ignoring the new low this team has hit. 

• Like (+1) 2

I'm really not saying this because Brown spurned the Bills' advances, but I didn't / don't want Antonio Brown on this team. If it were the *Pats, fine....if it were the Seahawks, fine....but you have a young and developing QB with an emerging team. You don't want the distraction that comes with Brown and you want hungry, good role-modeling Vets to help the young QB. Unfortunately, too many WRs are divas so that means you buy your O-line in FA and build your WR corps through the Draft. Look at Foster.... that kid made every doubter look stupid (including me!). He came in, had a meh to poor beginning of the first year as an UDFA and then....torched teams once Allen came back. THAT's the kind of WR you want! Hungry, wants to work, willing to make team oriented sacrifices and willing to give his QB time to grow. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I understand the transitive property and it has no bearing here.  If a=b and b=c then a=c.  That is a mathematic formulation and has no bearing whatsoever on the present topic.  I'm embarrassed by a fan saying he is embarrassed by the fact that his team kicked the tires on a guy and decided to bow out. There is no reason for him to be embarrassed; it is valid to be embarrassed by another fan being so ridiculous.   For your formulation to be valid the fan would have to equal the team.

Exactly, a=b, Bills don't get brown, he's embarrassed by them. B=C he's embarrassed by the by Bills and so forth you're embarrassed by him being embarrassed by the Bills. A=C...

I really like that the front office looks for players from trades, different leagues, etc.  Hats off to Brandon Beane for taking a looksee.  

I don't think Brown's reluctance to play in Buffalo reflects poorly on the Bills at all.  I think he has a "unique" perception on reality. 

Not many WRs force a trade from a team with a HOF QB that'd likely assist in giving him the stats to rival or best Jerry Rice and a likely HOF nod himself.    

• Like (+1) 3

Well, that’s a disappointing way to wake up.

At least it gave twitter a night of fun at Buffalos’ expense.  Unless all of the fools taking shots at us were Pats fans, not sure what they were beating their chests about.

We’ll still be awesome.  Many words will be consumed.

6 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

• Brown would have been the best offensive weapon the Bills have had in 20 years, with apologies to Shady. 
  • Giving him a massive extension probably did not make sense, and that may be where Beane backed out. 
  • We should not now say how he is old and he sucks because the trade did not happen. Some people were saying this from the beginning. This is the wrong take. Whether you hate him or love him, Brown is awesome and an explosive football player.  
  • My gut tells me, that if the Steelers really struggle to move him, they could potentially circle back around. Probably unlikely, but you never know. 
  • Brown certainly would have made the offense more potent and helped Josh Allen. At the same time, his presence had the potential to hinder Josh Allen's development because he would likely be pressured to feed Brown the ball. The E-P system is all about complimentary routes and combinations. That is why you see a Patriots guy have 12 catches one week and 2 the next. Who gets the ball is predicated on how the defense plays those combinations. Brady has mastered this, and reading the defense, and that is why the ball is out so quick. 
  • Josh Allen is the star of this team and is the offensive weapon. We need to surround him with complimentary pieces, at the same time, Brown would have been fine here and the offensive would have been explosive.  
  • Brown was a walk on at Central Michigan, a sixth round pick playing in Pittsburgh for years. I find it hard to believe he would simply refuse to go to Buffalo. All WR are divas and his blonde mustache is stupid, but this guy is a great football player and I think he would have fit in fine here. At the same time, he could have possibly been a cancer, but I doubt it. 
  • Beane and McDermott want to win. The clean process stuff is overrated and over done. There are PED guys on the team, Shady has his shady side, Dawkins had an arrest and assault, Zay had his cray cray naked, drugged up thing goin on. They want football players who will buy into team and work their butts off. From all accounts, Brown works his ass off and loves playing football. 
  • Big Ben is a giant rapist douche. He is the cancer, and Brown looks like an ass for calling him out because no one is getting his back. 

Its already a dead deal. Beane said as much.

He refused to report 

Edited by BillsFan17

18 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

I disagree.  I don't think a decent (not great) RT and C in FA combined with AB would have made the Bills serious contenders.  First, Allen is still very inexperienced, the OL really needs 3-4 new starters, there isn't a TE on the roster and the RBs are all old. 

Now, I am not saying that all needs to be fixed (or can be fixed) this offseason, but the cupboard is really mostly bare on offense at the moment.  If they can sign a couple of OL that are competent starters in FA and add another in the 1st or 2nd in the draft, then that would be progress.  They don't have enough high picks in this draft to really make the offense over - especially if they decide to take a DL in the 1st (because they may well be BPA).

A few additions will help a lot because the offense was so devoid of talent last year, but there is a long way to go to get to a very good offense.

then we can agree to disagree

a top 5 defense and even an average offense has carried many a teams to the playoffs (our TT bills) and even super bowls. Signing two starters, and potentially real good ones at that, on the o-line, getting a superstar WR and having draft capital to upgrade pass rush/TE/WR/oline/RB and you think we arent a playoff team?? You either think you need superstars at every position to get into the playoffs or are smoking some real good stuff.

All of it is moot anyway, I still think with a the above mentioned - minus superstar WR - we can be a playoff contending team next year. Having a real o-line fixes A LOT of offensive problems. 

1 minute ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Brown is a great player.  He refused to come here and it wasn't about money.  He's completely forgotten his roots, the fact he walked on at Central Michigan and entered the league in the 6th round is entirely irrelevant.  He was just on the "Masked Singer", he's beginning to look at his steps beyond football and raising his profile for the next stage of his life, if he comes to Buffalo that's a profile killer.

I strongly applaud Beane & McDermott for having the stones on pursing it.  The aggressiveness is what's needed.  But they can/should find out through back channels if it's a move AB would even entertain before putting as all out there with egg on our face.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Antonio Brown is also refusing to play with the Steelers.

You’re embarrassed by Brown not wanting to play here? You sound like you don’t handle real life problems all that well if something like this embarrasses you.

Exactly!

I hear safe spaces with stuffed animals, coloring books and Play-Doh can help his feelings.:doh:

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

Oooo such edge. We are now a less desirable spot than Cleveland. Openly mocked by reporters and game day hosts. Your not really trying to discuss it, you are just ignoring the new low this team has hit. 

Because the Antonio Brown trade didn't happen? Honestly, I think we are in a pretty good spot right now. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillsFan17 said:

Lol you were saying

I was saying Rapoport had good reason to believe his story. I said every time it didn't mean it would happen. But Rapoport was not just spitballing. What it looks like is he had a source he was slightly behind the news. But there was lots of smoke.

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

It means that if THIS causes you emotional distress, you're emotionally weak.

I mean as a bills fan I'm disappointed... I was excited hoping he'd land here. I didn't expect it at all, then it seemed possible. 

I'm not gonna walk around fuming about it all day... I see a trend in these posts... also what's with the caps?

2 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Exactly, a=b, Bills don't get brown, he's embarrassed by them. B=C he's embarrassed by the by Bills and so forth you're embarrassed by him being embarrassed by the Bills. A=C...

Sorry but you're completely wrong.  You are claiming a false equivalence.