REPORT: Steelers trading Antonio Brown to Bills! - Per Ian Rapoport (Hold up....maybe, maybe not....) EDIT: DEAL NOT HAPPENING PER BRANDON BEANE - UPDATE: Traded to Raiders

sven233

Just now, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Ahh Adam has always been willing to say Buffalo was on the up and coming.

never been right.

but I do appreciate him usually picking Buffalo to be a good team every 2-3 seasons.

Except when Rex was here. He loathed that guy. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

If he does end up here it will be painted in a negative light.

If the deal doesn't happen they'll joke about Buffalo and call the team that gets him brilliant.

All true.  It's going to take a breakout year for Allen and playoff appearance to change the narrative.

Just now, thenorthremembers said:

This guy is a trip.  Doesnt want to play with a Hall of Fame quarterback and catch 100 passes a year.   Wants to choose where he plays despite signing a long term deal with Pittsburgh.  Wants guaranteed money.   Wont play in Buffalo for any amount of money.  Seems to me he doesnt want to play football as bad as he says he does. 

Brown has to be absolutely toxic at this point. Steelers are going to have to cut him (probably his end game), make him play, or give him away to the team he wants to go to. 

10 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Why is the market so bleak for the greatest thing since sliced bread? Something isn't right when the arguably best receiver in the game (or so I've been told here) can't find a team willing to make a deal. 

These other teams aren't stupid. When Brown broke the football code by quitting on his teammates, coaches, and fans, he served notice league wide. Can't wait to see where he ends up and for what cheap price. Whoever he ends up with, better have a strong locker room, because this loser will start complaining the minute he feels he's not the main focus of the passing game. 

Edited by K-9

Just now, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

I am super pissed.  It was my first thought.  All that "process" stuff is just BS to me now. 

How so? If you trust the culture you've created, you can add players that seem like they wouldnt fit

Was Moss a good attitude fit for the Patriots*? Of course not, but they trusted their culture enough to bring a guy like him in. 

I love that they tried and I think Brown looks like a bigger loser here than Buffalo 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Chuck Wagon said:

OBJ would blow it up too.

I don't know what to think of Brown because Ben is such a douche.  That doesn't mean AB isn't too, so for me the jury is out.  I have no doubts whatsoever that Beckham is a gigundous moron.

Just now, 4merper4mer said:

I don't know what to think of Brown because Ben is such a douche.  That doesn't mean AB isn't too, so for me the jury is out.  I have no doubts whatsoever that Beckham is a gigundous moron.

but a great player

1 minute ago, Bills2ref said:

Brown has to be absolutely toxic at this point. Steelers are going to have to cut him (probably his end game), make him play, or give him away to the team he wants to go to. 

I would make him play.  No way I would cut him absorb the cap hit and let him get his way.  I also wouldnt take less for him because he is acting like a spoiled brat.

Just now, Bills2ref said:

That’s definitely what he wants - ability to choose where he wants to go. He has leverage because he’s now purposely tanked his trade value. 

Imo he’s less concerned about money than he says and less concerned about winning than he says. He’s most concerned about HIS brand and how he’s perceived. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Bingo

I 100% believe the narrative Brown wants a new contract on the team he picks.  He's going to force the Steelers to release him.  The Titans / Redskins smelled it out and pulled out before they let it get reported to the point of essentially Brown nixing an agreed upon trade.  We got used by Rosenhaus / AB and now end up the butt of jokes throughout the entire league because of it, likely through no fault of our own.

WRONG

3 minutes ago, DefenseWins said:

OK. AB didn't want to come here. It wasn't about the money. Got it. And that's his prerogative.

So why did Rappaport report the story when he did, the way he did? He claims to have had "multiple sources" indicating it was basically a "done deal". Did no one think to check with AB first? Rappaport's credibility here should take a real hit over this. Very lazy reporting it would seem...

Why?  The deal was done. Bills and Steelers agreed on compensation. 

The Player blew it up. You think Steelers are happy about that?

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Chemical said:

What was the offer? I haven't seen that anywhere just curious. I'm probably good with whatever it is short of pick 9.

Nobody knows for sure. 

But we do know that Buffalo was willing to offer more than anyone else.

Just now, thebandit27 said:

My speculation all along was that an AB-to-Buffalo trade would be AB+pick 20 to Buffalo for pick 9 and a 4th

That’s not too far off. FWIW, my buddy from the Steelers was here this weekend and they love Devin White. That would make sense because he is likely there at 9 and not likely to be there at 20.

• Like (+1) 1

If reports are true that AB nixed this deal because he didn't want to go to Buffalo, I certainly hope Allen and the rest of the team derives great drive and motivation from the bashing the organization is receiving right now.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

How so? If you trust the culture you've created, you can add players that seem like they wouldnt fit

Was Moss a good attitude fit for the Patriots*? Of course not, but they trusted their culture enough to bring a guy like him in. 

I love that they tried and I think Brown looks like a bigger loser here than Buffalo 

It has more to do with the Jordan Poyer stuff.  If Beane was willing to bring AB in, and through Poyer under the buss, that says Beane does not care about the players and all this "family" and "culture" stuff is a lie. 

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

ALL GOOD WR ARE DIVAS!

Also, there is no guarantee either of those WR's work out. 

JFC!

All good WRs are divas?

JFC, that’s a dumb thing to say.

HOFers Andre Reed, Jerry Rice, Art Monk, Steve Largent, Charlie Joiner, James Lofton were divas?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, eball said:

All true.  It's going to take a breakout year for Allen and playoff appearance to change the narrative.

I think we have a real real shot at exactly this happening.  Nothing is certain but I'm optimistic.  

That said, the narrative will never change.  The upper echelon NFL owners do not want a team in Buffalo.  They can get bent but the media yammerers will always do their bidding.  If you're looking for evidence that they are petulant entitled self serving douche bags, swing by the Asian Orchid on a Wednesday morning.

1 minute ago, The Senator said:

All good WRs are divas?

JFC, that’s a dumb thing to say.

HOFers Andre Reed, Jerry Rice, Art Monk, Steve Largent, Charlie Joiner, James Lofton were divas?

Come on guys, let him emote. it's hilarious!

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

That’s not too far off. FWIW, my buddy from the Steelers was here this weekend and they love Devin White. That would make sense because he is likely there at 9 and not likely to be there at 20.

Devin White is their new Shazier?  Makes sense.

I actually think that White may not make it to 9.  There's rumors that both Tampa and Detriot really like him.

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Why?  The deal was done. Bills and Steelers agreed on compensation. 

The Player blew it up. You think Steelers are happy about that?

This

The Steelers have to be fuming.  Their chances at a decent deal are gone.  AB wants freedom and a new contract.  I 100% think the same thing would have happened with the Redskins or Titans unless a trade came with a fat new contract.  There's very little risk on the acquiring team if Brown is on his old deal, if he's a malcontent you can cut him with no cap hit.  A new contract changes that.  We just get heaped on because most of the media is unoriginal and will always take an easy pot shot joke about the Bills.

1 minute ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Cool

Supposed to be in a trump voice sorry.  Its like an awkward blind date where the girl jumps out the bathroom window half way through.  After our last day took one look and turns around.  This happened to somebody else of course, a friend of a friend

We inquired about Antonio Brown on Tuesday, and kept talks open with the Steelers," Bills general manager Brandon Beane said in a statement Friday. "We had positive discussions, but ultimately it didn't make sense for either side. As great a player as Antonio Brown is, we have moved on and our focus is on free agency."

very interesting 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

My question is who gave the info to Rapoport, to the point where he felt comfortable to go on air and announce a trade was very close?

Was it some low level staff member Beane was trying to fish out, was it Rosenhaus, realizing Browns market wasn’t good and fed Rapoport hoping that other teams would up their offers? 

Antonio Brown hurt himself on this. Now 2 teams cause his attitude doesn't wanna be there. Teams going to say he might do the same to us why trade for a attitude diva.

Just now, wppete said:

Wow! I just woke up. I had no idea. Screw Antonio Brown. I’m surprised we even went after him. 

Tge good sign is Bean is very serious about getting some elite players. Next man up! 

I really hope use the money to fix the O-Line

• Awesome! (+1) 1