REPORT: Steelers trading Antonio Brown to Bills! - Per Ian Rapoport (Hold up....maybe, maybe not....) EDIT: DEAL NOT HAPPENING PER BRANDON BEANE - UPDATE: Traded to Raiders

sven233

1 minute ago, CountDorkula said:

Its going to take JA 2 more years to hit his prime?

What other excuses can we come up with today to make us feel better:

SO far:

1) Diva

2) Too expensive

3) Too old

4) Doest fit the time line

5) not blue collar enough

6) Doesnt fit the culture

7) Not a process guy

antiviralgreen.png

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, OldTimer1960 said:

I'm not disappointed that a deal did not get done - actually, I would have wondered what they were doing?

I think and hope that the plan is to build for sustainable success.  I can't understand how trading assets for and then paying A LOT of money to a 30 year old WR to play on a team that is still a long way from having enough talent on offense to be serious contenders would be building towards that sustainable success goal.

Now, it might make sense for a team like the Eagles or Chiefs who already are contenders.

Im not disappointed either because I never thought it was a reality, BUT, if we aquired Brown and then spent money to fix up the oline (RT and C), we are contenders bud. 

3 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

but yet people are willing to trade for OBJ.

Can't the same thing be said for him?

I wouldn't be willing to trade for Odell Beckham either.

WRs in general are very overrated. 

You don't need a superstar receiver to have a great passing game.  You just need a great Quarterback and people who are good at getting open.

These guys who cause distractions in the locker room, start public arguments with their QB, act like egotistical clowns and complain about how often the ball is thrown to them - I honestly don't want those guys on my team.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Then why do keep asking, "who talks like that?" 

You are not coming off as terribly intelligent.

Because it's generally used by low information people. Because someone is liberal or conservative doesn't change me asking, "who talks like that?"

It was in response to him saying trumpers do and trying to avoid the inevitable swarm that comes with that, I'd try to be fair and say, it happens on both sides. Yet whenever I see it, i think "who talks like that?". I've never heard someone say it in person. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, PaattMaann said:

Im not disappointed either because I never thought it was a reality, BUT, if we aquired Brown and then spent money to fix up the oline (RT and C), we are contenders bud. 

IF

Reality is no one wants to come here. We’ll be used as leverage (like Rickey Wagner, Revis, etc) to get a deal anywhere else and then we’ll get sold Langston Walker 2.0 and get the same refrain from our fans of “I want guys who want to be here!”

Just now, Chuck Wagon said:

IF

Reality is no one wants to come here. We’ll be used as leverage (like Rickey Wagner, Revis, etc) to get a deal anywhere else and then we’ll get sold Langston Walker 2.0 and get the same refrain from our fans of “I want guys who want to be here!”

lets talk in a couple weeks

Again, props to Beane for being in the conversation.  Most of the NFL world had written off the Bills as being unwilling to make aggressive moves like this.  At least this shows that the organization has a pulse and they're actually trying to win games, not just assemble an All-Sunday School Squad.

1 minute ago, Chuck Wagon said:

IF

CHILLLLLLLL.

Edited by Coach Tuesday
  • Like (+1) 2

It’s a buyers market- Steelers will have to lower trade compensation.  Brown is 31, bad attitude, and due $30 million.  Me personally, I keep draft picks, and draft 2 wr- team player non-diva’s.  Sure AB intrigues me.  But don’t overpay, and make sure AB’s fragile ego can handle being traded to buffalo 

1 minute ago, mjt328 said:

I wouldn't be willing to trade for Odell Beckham either.

WRs in general are very overrated. 

You don't need a superstar receiver to have a great passing game.  You just need a great Quarterback and people who are good at getting open.

These guys who cause distractions in the locker room, start public arguments with their QB, act like egotistical clowns and complain about how often the ball is thrown to them - I honestly don't want those guys on my team.

Very overrated unless you only have slow guys with no separation that can't catch the ball ;)

Then guys like AB or OBJ mean everything to your QB no matter how much you dislike the circus that goes with them.

• Like (+1) 1

IF

The Bills can only really blame themselves.

They gutted this team to "Create cap space" during that time, they helped create one of the worst offenses the NFL has ever seen.

Can you blame a star WR for not wanting to walk into this mess?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

it was all a joke and in sarcasm.

but see, I don't take it as seriously as you nor am I as insecure to worry about, as you have.

I'm not insecure. What do I have to be insecure about on here? You just made a lame old lady joke, after using snowflake and diva. It's pretty par for the course. It's not sarcasm or a play on words. You called me an old lady lol

If that's your sense of humor, I'm only offended about how lame it is. You can do better.

Just now, Coach Tuesday said:

Again, props to Beane for being in the conversation.  Most of the NFL world had written off the Bills as being unwilling to make aggressive moves like this.  At least this shows that the organization has a pulse and they're actually trying to win games, not just assemble an All-Sunday School Squad.

CHILLLLLLLL.

Please

Seen it all before. Agents of guys like Paradis toss us out there as being hot for their client and then we end up with Russell Bodine and Spencer Long. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Pete said:

It’s a buyers market- Steelers will have to lower trade compensation.  Brown is 31, bad attitude, and due $30 million.  Me personally, I keep draft picks, and draft 2 wr- team player non-diva’s.  Sure AB intrigues me.  But don’t overpay, and make sure AB’s fragile ego can handle being traded to buffalo 

ALL GOOD WR ARE DIVAS!

Also, there is no guarantee either of those WR's work out. 

JFC!

Edited by CountDorkula
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, PaattMaann said:

I disagree.  I don't think a decent (not great) RT and C in FA combined with AB would have made the Bills serious contenders.  First, Allen is still very inexperienced, the OL really needs 3-4 new starters, there isn't a TE on the roster and the RBs are all old. 

Now, I am not saying that all needs to be fixed (or can be fixed) this offseason, but the cupboard is really mostly bare on offense at the moment.  If they can sign a couple of OL that are competent starters in FA and add another in the 1st or 2nd in the draft, then that would be progress.  They don't have enough high picks in this draft to really make the offense over - especially if they decide to take a DL in the 1st (because they may well be BPA).

A few additions will help a lot because the offense was so devoid of talent last year, but there is a long way to go to get to a very good offense.

Please

Seen it all before. Agents of guys like Paradis toss us out there as being hot for their client and then we end up with Russell Bodine and Spencer Long. 

Lol please, give me a day. Don't pour salt in the wound yet.

I would've been fine had they gotten AB and I'm also fine that they didn't. I'm just glad that it's finally free agency, trade, and juicy rumor season in the NFL. This got my adrenaline pumping.?

• Like (+1) 1

Are the majority of posters going to just gloss over how AB flat out refused to play here? Continuing the stream of players bad mouthing the franchise and refuting the "McD is a player's coach and people will want to play for him" narrative. More big names want to go to the Browns, and I've never been more embarrassed by the Bills because of it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, BeefCurtns said:

The prima Donna thing has everyone fired up but Michael Irvin brought up a good point yesterday. For 6 years you never heard a peep about him or problems just was the best receiver. So there's that. Good Morning football leading with it just now 

That's not true. Antonio Brown is a diva and not a diva in the same way Moss or Owens or even OBJ(just a guy who's really competitive). AB is strictly about himself.

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/1/16/14283680/antonio-brown-facebook-live-video-mike-tomlin-#######s-patriots-vs-steelers

• Like (+1) 2

Haha I cant even fathom what the previous 45 pages of this were like.  Thank god this didnt happen, davis signed here and quit in 1.5 games.  AB just quit on his team last game of the season, then got almost got traded,  now he's going to give 100% here....here? Its best we just act like this never happened

• Like (+1) 3

All I have to say after all this is **** You Ian Rapoport.  What a s*** show you created.  

This is sure going to do wonders for your credibility ***hole.

As far as AB, whatever. I have faith Beane will get the Bills where we need to be and don't fault him for kicking the tires on Brown.

• Like (+1) 2