REPORT: Steelers trading Antonio Brown to Bills! - Per Ian Rapoport (Hold up....maybe, maybe not....) EDIT: DEAL NOT HAPPENING PER BRANDON BEANE - UPDATE: Traded to Raiders

sven233

1 minute ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

you thought correctly. good thing they didn't waste it on that diva.

next.

Diva...really? Were you around for Jim Kelly, Andre Reed, Bruce Smith.....?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Pretty glad about this. Especially if Brown was going to cost significant compensation. He would hold out if he wasn’t the highest paid receiver in the league in a few years. If he isn’t getting enough targets he would complain. If he isn’t winning he would complain. He’s also older as far as receivers go. If the compensation was next to nothing (a 4th or worse) then I’m disappointed because it would have been worth the distraction. 

2 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

They're going to HAVE to draft Metcalf now to appease the fans -- AND the players who were fired up. Also, fans and players took a LOT of insults about Buffalo in the past 8 hours.

speak for yourself. I wasn't insulted, nor do I care if there were any insults to the snowflake fans that are/were whining because they didn't waste picks/contract for a diva wr.

last I counted there is still plenty of time to "appease" the fans before opening day.

Brown is stupid if he didn't want to come to Buffalo; good for Beane in not playing around.

On what planet are the Steelers going to be a good team over the next 5 years or so?  That is over.  I don't know what teams Brown thinks he could go to that would be a better long term situation.  Packers?  Eagles?  Seahawks? Chargers? and maybe Panthers are all I can come up with.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Bills2ref said:

Pretty glad about this. Especially if Brown was going to cost significant compensation. He would hold out if he wasn’t the highest paid receiver in the league in a few years. If he isn’t getting enough targets he would complain. If he isn’t winning he would complain. He’s also older as far as receivers go. If the compensation was next to nothing (a 4th or worse) then I’m disappointed because it would have been worth the distraction. 

Bruce Smith complained about his contract every year, wanted to be the highest paid...Andre Reed complained about not getting the ball enough...Jim Kelly criticized teammates and got Chris Burkett released....

People are happy now that we almost had the best WR in football but didn’t pull it off. If that trade actually happened, it might have been the single best thing the Bills have done in the post super bowl era. He’s a headache...He’s also a first ballot hall of famer and the best WR in football. The guy is also still in his prime unlike the basically done T.O. You win games with good players. At some point the silliness around off the field attitudes have to not matter as much. You have to actually be good and good players make you good usually. What a shame.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Yes, but I don't think agents are behind the Ian Rapoport leak. I think they probably were shocked by the trade and then demanded franchise QB money. 

AB's agents probably told Schefter no deal yet because they want the contract 1st. 

Unless the agent wants to get the put the Bills under media pressure in order to get a contract worked out etc. 

Just now, 4merper4mer said:

Brown is stupid if he didn't want to come to Buffalo; good for Beane in not playing around.

On what planet are the Steelers going to be a good team over the next 5 years or so?  That is over.  I don't know what teams Brown thinks he could go to that would be a better long term situation.  Packers?  Eagles?  Seahawks? Chargers? and maybe Panthers are all I can come up with.

Packers or Eagles is my guess. 

Just now, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

People are happy now that we almost had the best WR in football but didn’t pull it off. If that trade actually happened, it might have been the single best thing the Bills have done in the post super bowl era. He’s a headache...He’s also a first ballot hall of famer and the best WR in football. The guy is also still in his prime unlike the basically done T.O. You win games with good players. At some point the silliness around off the field attitudes have to not matter as much. You have to actually be good and good players make you good usually. What a shame.

Are prime years for a WR really 31+?

1 minute ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

speak for yourself. I wasn't insulted, nor do I care if there were any insults to the snowflake fans that are/were whining because they didn't waste picks/contract for a diva wr.

last I counted there is still plenty of time to "appease" the fans before opening day.

You checked all the boxes on being a real man..

A) call people snowflakes

B) call a great receiver a diva

Who talks like this?

• Haha (+1) 1

Just woke up.

I'm happy the trade didn't go through.  There have been nothing but warning signs with Antonio Brown for the last few months, which is not something we need on a young/growing team.  Screw his talent.  I don't want his ridiculous ego and "me-first" attitude.  And if the reports are true that he refused to come here (after whining about Pittsburgh trading him), that just reinforces why we don't want him either.

6 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Effin dbag from nfln. He doubled down on it, and was completely wrong.

He was right...it was happening....the Bills pulled the plug after reading TSW and Shoutbox ;)

Edited by JMF2006
  • Haha (+1) 2

If Bean said not happening, I do not see it anywhere?  Perhaps posturing to get the Steelers to structure the deal so there is no deal (or like a 7th)  if AB fails to report?

If AB is worried about Buffalo, can the Steelers give Bills permission to talk to him or organize players like Alexander or McCoy to call him?  

This has to be tropedoing AB’s already low rltrade value.   I was excited, but will hate AB if he is a “buffalo sucks dont trade me there.”.   

Just now, Ol Dirty B said:

Who talks like this?

maybe you should spike that joe your drinking, you seem to be a tad offended. poor fella

I'm sure an old bird can tell me all about being a man, eh?

Just now, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

maybe you should spike that joe your drinking, you seem to be a tad offended. poor fella

I'm sure an old bird can tell me all about being a man, eh?

I mean... what does this even mean? Are you calling me an old lady now with that old bird comment?  Lol that'd  be great, you must be insecure... because you went snowflake, diva and topped it off with old bird.

Again, who talks like this?

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Wherever he ends up, I hope the Bills play him this year

So he can catch 7 passes for 131 yards and a TD?

Let me guess, Brown was never that good and wouldnt fit here because he is not blue collar enough.

4 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Who talks like this?

To be fair, i think everyone that watches football knows AB is a diva. All of the greats usually are...

• Like (+1) 1