REPORT: Steelers trading Antonio Brown to Bills! - Per Ian Rapoport (Hold up....maybe, maybe not....) EDIT: DEAL NOT HAPPENING PER BRANDON BEANE - UPDATE: Traded to Raiders

sven233

Just now, Shaw66 said:

I was on BBMB then.  It was craziness there.  Never occurred to me there was parallel universe of craziness elsewhere, like here.  Those days were wild. 

This will be more quickly. 

I mean we are on 36 pages and Rapoport is doubling down. As I remember there were conflicting reports with the Mario Free Agency period as well. Which just added to the craziness.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I have never said it since he’s been here but if Beane gave multiple firsts for a receiver who HAD to be traded he should be fired instantly 

I don't think he would give that up obviously but when was the last time the best receiver was traded?  In 2019, I don't know what kind of compensation that requires, especially in this weird situation.

3 minutes ago, BeefCurtns said:

Just now scrolled on NFLN The Bills landed Antonio Brown in stunning fashion late Thursday night. FWIW

I refuse to watch that network. But did that really scroll on the bottom? I'm gonna have to turn it.

I guess it's not refuse, I just think it's crap.

Edit- I'm watching it. If the AB trade was that official why would they be scrolling some garbage to 50?

Edited by Ol Dirty B

It's really weird for me.   Happen to be on the other side of the world right now and it's 6:45 Friday night.   You'll be watching this story all day and I will be asleep dreaming of Allen to AB. I hope I waken up to some good news. 

Just now, Buffalo30 said:

I don't think he would give that up obviously but when was the last time the best receiver was traded?  In 2019, I don't know what kind of compensation that requires, especially in this weird situation.

The only thing with AB is everyone knew that they had to trade him. Which kills the compensation. His value was at an all time low given his stupid mouth the last few weeks and the Steelers GM saying they were trading him. If it goes through I’m really hoping it’s a round 3 with a couple players attached. Maybe ivory and Zay or something. 

I have a fear it’s the #1 though. 

8 minutes ago, BillnutinHouston said:

^ classy

Yeah I’ll lose a ton of sleep knowing a bunch of people who think AB is the problem think I lack class. I’ll go ahead and side with the dude who’s boss has so much class he called his employees whiny children. Not to mention that the other guy in this equation, Roethlisberger, is at best a scumbag, and at worst a rapist, but AB is for sure the cancer in that locker room. I think maybe an organization has lost complete control because they have an awful coach and an out of touch owner. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Ol Dirty B said:

I refuse to watch that network. But did that really scroll on the bottom? I'm gonna have to turn it.

I guess it's not refuse, I just think it's crap.

It did watching right now. Don't ask why I'm awake at 3:45 am here in Cali

2 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

The only thing with AB is everyone knew that they had to trade him. Which kills the compensation. His value was at an all time low given his stupid mouth the last few weeks and the Steelers GM saying they were trading him. If it goes through I’m really hoping it’s a round 3 with a couple players attached. Maybe ivory and Zay or something. 

The rumor was they swap their first round picks and maybe their 2nd's as well.

1 minute ago, BeefCurtns said:

It did watching right now. Don't ask why I'm awake at 3:45 am here in Cali

Because AB might be going to Buffalo. I did the same thing. I fell asleep early woke up at 3 east coast time, and made the mistake of checking my phone and haven't slept since.

For what it's worth, if it wasn't you, someone texted in wgr the same thing.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

I thought this was just internet crap, but just heard while walking the dog on NFR, they are even reporting it.  I’m not saying I believe the rumor, but never McD would even consider it.  So much for getting some stud OL in free agency.  AB if true will eat up too much cap.  I don’t want him, but Beane doesn’t have me on speed dial.

There’s no denying he is one of the top 3 WR’s in the league, but I just don’t see McD being able to reign AB in and shut up to the media.  

You do realize we will spend about 50 mil of that cap.

If we get Brown, that opens major doors for other players in free agency to come here.  He could jump on the recruiting train and load this team up.

Not only that, the team is less talent deficient now which makes buffalo more attractive by default. They’re multiple years away from being relevant without major trades or free agents. 

1 minute ago, Rc2catch said:

I think the Steelers would demand a 1.  His situation did indeed lower his value but he's still arguably the best receiver in the NFL.  Tough to say.  I'd love to keep all of our 1st but who knows.

I think the Steelers would demand a 1.  His situation did indeed lower his value but he's still arguably the best receiver in the NFL.  Tough to say.  I'd love to keep all of our 1st but who knows.

What I just heard was a swap of first and second round picks, if that's the case, throw in a third and I'm ecstatic. 

I don't know if it would work about, but the entertainment value would be amazing. 

1 minute ago, SACTOBILLSFAN said:

Not only that, the team is less talent deficient now which makes buffalo more attractive by default. They’re multiple years away from being relevant without major trades or free agents. 

If they were able to keep their 1st this year and give up something like their 2nd and a 3rd, I'd be wagging that 9th pick in everyones face to trade back and recover some of the picks.  

2 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

They could very well be swapping first round picks along with other compensation.

2 minutes ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

I really hope this isn’t true. Brown is a great WR. If not the best at his position the second best.

But he’s the antithesis of what Beane/McDermott are about. If he’s not happy with Roethlisberger how is he going to deal with Josh Allen?

I’m totally against it.

You don’t win without taking some swings.

1 minute ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

I really hope this isn’t true. Brown is a great WR. If not the best at his position the second best.

But he’s the antithesis of what Beane/McDermott are about. If he’s not happy with Roethlisberger how is he going to deal with Josh Allen?

I’m totally against it.

Tell me again when Allen called out any of his teammates publicly? Not even remotely the same situation.

1 minute ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

I’m totally against it.

They didnt get along because big Ben wasn't only going to the media and criticizing him, he was also cussing him out in practice and getting garbage receivers to take 1st team routes because he didnt like what a future hall of famer did on a route in practice. 

7 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

I'm so glad I have to go to work so I'm not staying home and hitting F5 all day.  

I just woke up on first day of vacation on a beach in the bahamas.... what am I doin? F5 haha

Edited by snydert317
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Ol Dirty B said:

What I just heard was a swap of first and second round picks, if that's the case, throw in a third and I'm ecstatic. 

I don't know if it would work about, but the entertainment value would be amazing. 

If that's the case, I'd be thrilled to keep most of our picks.  I'll swap and day haha.  This is a deep class of talent.  That would be the best case scenerio IMO.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

The rumor was they swap their first round picks and maybe their 2nd's as well.

I could get on board with that. I still don’t want him lol, but if that’s the deal I can’t bash it if it only involves moving around the draft board and only losing draft spots 

2 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

If that's the case, I'd be thrilled to keep most of our picks.  I'll swap and day haha.  This is a deep class of talent.  That would be the best case scenerio IMO.

If we are swapping picks both in the 1st and 2nd round that equates to a value of a late first round pick. I think there is some sense to that for both parties.