REPORT: Steelers trading Antonio Brown to Bills! - Per Ian Rapoport (Hold up....maybe, maybe not....) EDIT: DEAL NOT HAPPENING PER BRANDON BEANE - UPDATE: Traded to Raiders

sven233

3 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

If Bean said not happening, I do not see it anywhere?  Perhaps posturing to get the Steelers to structure the deal so there is no deal (or like a 7th)  if AB fails to report?

If AB is worried about Buffalo, can the Steelers give Bills permission to talk to him or organize players like Alexander or McCoy to call him?  

This has to be tropedoing AB’s already low rltrade value.   I was excited, but will hate AB if he is a “buffalo sucks dont trade me there.”.   

Rap sheet just spoke to Beane....no deal...Bills out.

1 minute ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I mean... what does this even mean? Are you calling me an old lady now with that old bird comment?  Lol that'd  be great, you must be insecure... because you went snowflake, diva and topped it off with old bird.

Again, who talks like this?

Trumpers talk like that

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

Vic C on Sirius NFL now

- 1st Bills source - inquiry was made, deal was not imminent

- 2nd Bills source - this is unlikely

- Sounded like more of a tire-kicking

- Surmise that it is more about AB/contract

- Given the way Bills mgmt operates, sensibility of spending that much $$ for 31 yr old receiver doesn't fit

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BrycePaup4ever said:

Go get Beckham instead

If they do that, they'd better tell the Giants, "At no point does this go public while we're negotiating or we deny the whole thing." This franchise and its fragile fan base would be in therapy for years over another public slap to the face.  

Just now, stevewin said:

Vic C on Sirius NFL now

- 1st Bills source - inquiry was made, deal was not imminent

- 2nd Bills source - this is unlikely

- Sounded like more of a tire-kicking

- Surmise that it is more about AB/contract

- Given the way Bills mgmt operates, sensibility of spending that much $$ for 31 yr old receiver doesn't fit

This is what the bills want you to believe.

They want you to believe that they decided to not pursue, not that they were rejected.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TH3 said:

Trumpers talk like that

I agree but what's crazy is I hear liberals using it now, not trying to get political.

It's generally a term for the uncreative unintelligent types who don't know what they're actually saying.

Come Talk To Me 

please talk to me

2 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Rappaport says AB refused to come to Buffalo and that scuttled the deal.

Come Talk To Me

Say it ain't so

So Glad

Edited by Turk71

5 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Patriots for a 2020 7th...and AB will take a pay cut.

The Steelers would never trade AB to the Patriots, there were reports of that early on when was talk he'd be moved. I'm guessing he goes to San Francisco or Oakland/Las Vegas. 

Changed my Stance on AB just saying he wouldn't show up now makes Buf look bad and sets a dangerous precedent  for other FA signings. Ultimately we want players to want to be here. So I say

F U Brown you Prima Donna Bytch!!!!!

Edited by BeefCurtns
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Rappaport says AB refused to come to Buffalo and that scuttled the deal.

Anybody considered the possibility that Rap threw this little tidbit out as a 'CYA' maneuver?

2 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

Let me guess, Brown was never that good and wouldnt fit here because he is not blue collar enough.

Brown may be the best WR in the NFL.

Yet the Steelers are desperately trying to get rid of him, despite the fact:

- The only have a short remaining Super Bowl window before Ben Roethlisberger retires

- They will still be on the hook for $21 million in dead cap this year and $14 million next year

- They probably weren't going to get even close to his value in draft pick compensation

Just now, TheTruthHurts said:

Im glad the Bills didn't bend over for AB, would have been a terrible move. I feel more confident today about the Bills future. I don't believe Brown wouldn't come here, he just wouldn't come here without the big payday.

Could be, or he turned that down too. We  probably will never know.

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

if IF he's the one who scuttled the deal, I sincerely hope he's traded to a team we play so we can cheap shot him to the end of his career.

That's nice.

But Buffalo has all this cap space, so they should be able to get whatever they want.

Oh you mean having a historically bad offense might have skewed peoples perception.

10 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I mean... what does this even mean? Are you calling me an old lady now with that old bird comment?  Lol that'd  be great, you must be insecure... because you went snowflake, diva and topped it off with old bird.

Again, who talks like this?

have another cup. you're showing too much of your sensitive side. as for the old bird. hell, I was just basing that off "ol dirty b" but my sense of humor seemed to have tripped a nerve.

snowflake-comment was thrown at those whining about not signing the great ab who if those fans read in to more they would see he did not want to be here. yet, still crying.

diva-a player who seeks and demands attention and is generally a cancer in the locker room.

old bird-based off your handle

have a nice day

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

if IF he's the one who scuttled the deal, I sincerely hope he's traded to a team we play so we can cheap shot him to the end of his career.

you're taking this kinda personal

1 minute ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Im glad the Bills didn't bend over for AB, would have been a terrible move. I feel more confident today about the Bills future. I don't believe Brown wouldn't come here, he just wouldn't come here without the big payday.

Per league sources, it was not about money, he didnt want to come to buffalo, period

1 minute ago, Bills2ref said:

Because Eli has been a Star these past two years? Or because he’s been playing in warm weather. Plus he has a contract he is satisfied with. I don’t think there’s anyway OBJ doesn’t report somewhere he’s traded to. 

You left out that he's in NYC. The Pittsburgh to buffalo thing I thought was overblown, and maybe I'm biased because I've got a real short list of places my unimportant ass would go to work outside of WNY, and NYC is on it. Huge difference in maybe the greatest city in the world and Buffalo if you're a city person. I know it's not for everyone, but if you like NYC, buffalo is a downgrade.

But Pittsburgh, ***** Pittsburgh

2 minutes ago, BeefCurtns said:

Changed my Stance on AB just saying he wouldn't show up now makes Buf look bad and sets a dangerous precedent  for other FA signings. Ultimately we want players to want to be here. So I say

F U Brown you Prima Donna B word!!!!!

He's not the first player to not want to come to Buffalo.....remember Jim Kelly crying when Bills drafted him?

1 minute ago, Chemical said:

Feel better about Beane that he at least tried

I'm happy that he made the call and had discussions with Pittsburgh. 

I'm NOT happy that we were apparently willing to offer MORE than 30 other teams for this clown.