REPORT: Steelers trading Antonio Brown to Bills! - Per Ian Rapoport (Hold up....maybe, maybe not....) EDIT: DEAL NOT HAPPENING PER BRANDON BEANE - UPDATE: Traded to Raiders

sven233

2 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

That's nice.

But Buffalo has all this cap space, so they should be able to get whatever they want.

Oh you mean having a historically bad offense might have skewed peoples perception.

Dude, seriously. Get up, walk away from the computer and go find something in life that DOESN'T make you a miserable sod.

2 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

Brown may be the best WR in the NFL.

Yet the Steelers are desperately trying to get rid of him, despite the fact:

- The only have a short remaining Super Bowl window before Ben Roethlisberger retires

- They will still be on the hook for $21 million in dead cap this year and $14 million next year

- They probably weren't going to get even close to his value in draft pick compensation

but yet people are willing to trade for OBJ.

Can't the same thing be said for him?

1 minute ago, Ol Dirty B said:

You left out that he's in NYC. The Pittsburgh to buffalo thing I thought was overblown, and maybe I'm biased because I've got a real short list of places my unimportant ass would go to work outside of WNY, and NYC is on it. Huge difference in maybe the greatest city in the world and Buffalo if you're a city person. I know it's not for everyone, but if you like NYC, buffalo is a downgrade.

But Pittsburgh, ***** Pittsburgh

hey, dont be knocking Pittsburgh.  Just AB.  !!

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I agree but what's crazy is I hear liberals using it now, not trying to get political.

It's generally a term for the uncreative unintelligent types who don't know what they're actually saying.

Then why do keep asking, "who talks like that?" 

You are not coming off as terribly intelligent.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Ol Dirty B said:

You left out that he's in NYC. The Pittsburgh to buffalo thing I thought was overblown, and maybe I'm biased because I've got a real short list of places my unimportant ass would go to work outside of WNY, and NYC is on it. Huge difference in maybe the greatest city in the world and Buffalo if you're a city person. I know it's not for everyone, but if you like NYC, buffalo is a downgrade.

But Pittsburgh, ***** Pittsburgh

Good point, at my salary I'd never live in NYC (be lucky to get a 3rd story walk up in Brooklyn or God forbid have to live in Queens or Staten Island), but if you have money, and can afford to live in Manhattan or Park Slope, it's great.  Especially for an unattached wealthy young man in peak physical condition

You will never convince me that low info Twitter reaction did not kill this deal.....AB totally aware of what's being said out there absolutely read responses and said "yea no....not dealing with this."   

Enjoy Oakland or Marcus Mariota---I hear he was successful he was in college.  

• Like (+1) 1

My guess is that there was a deal in place and this got leaked before the Bills got a chance to talk about a new contract. Brown didn't want to come anyway, so it's dead. 

Will be interesting to see where he goes now. Sounds like the market for him is drying up a bit and anyone that does trade for him won't be giving him a new deal. By shooting down this trade, Brown may have screwed himself out of a lot of money. 

Who knows... After seeing the market and the fact that there may be no chance of him getting a new deal elsewhere, as time goes along, who's to say that he doesn't have a change of heart later in the offseason.

But regardless, the Bills have a lot of work to do to repair a reputation that they brought on themselves. 

In the very least, this showed Buffalo’s cards. Beane and McD have been trying to downplay their interest in a #1 WR. I don’t think that’s believable after this, which means teams that might be interested in DK Metcalf will probably try to trade up ahead of Buffalo/means if Buffalo does want Metcalf, they probably have to trade up at this point (which I would not be in favor of even if I like him a lot).

• Like (+1) 1