REPORT: Steelers trading Antonio Brown to Bills! - Per Ian Rapoport (Hold up....maybe, maybe not....) EDIT: DEAL NOT HAPPENING PER BRANDON BEANE - UPDATE: Traded to Raiders

sven233

11 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Why the hell are people on here trashing Beane when brown flat out said he wouldn't report to Buffalo?

I'm not a beane fan, but from.what I've heard he has done his job well. Tried to add an elite player at a good rate, it didnt work out.

The only issue is how it leaked out. I don't think that's his fault. It's definitely rosenhaus and brown. And if it went down as bad as it might have with the way it was leaked, then teams are going to take that into consideration when entering negotiations.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

What does this even mean? How is Pittsburgh’s owner having it both ways in this situation? He paid out money to Antonio Brown on his word that, you know, he would actually fulfill his contract that he willingly signed. 

You believe the owners care about the players well being? They don’t guarantee the entire contract. Everbody knows those contracts are front loaded for a reason. These contracts rarely run the full term. And you can’t make an employee work no matter how much you have paid them. 

Just now, TOboy said:

Don't think it's been reported anywhere. 

Peter Schraeger through this out this morning...could have been to flip 1st rounders with Pitt...but he was clearly speculating and not sharing something he'd heard. 

That wouldn’t have been a bad flip. Only problem is the draft gets crazy. I’m sure someone will be available at 9 that no one expected to be there. Then the Bills are sitting at 20. 

22 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

His trade value was/is at a nadir.  Beane wouldn't have overpaid for anything.  We very likely would have gotten a hell of a value on a guy who is still top ~5 at his position.  But if you want to think this is some positive, by all means drink your kool aide.

And you enjoy yours as well!

Why is his trade value at a nadir?  It should have been at a zenith if he’s all you dream he is.

3 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

Hi,

A decent home for 100K?

Find me that.

It's extremly expensive here, I've traveld for years and Buffalo is one of the most expensive cities to fly into and out of. 

A beautiful home for $350K is going to cost you 10K a year in property taxes.

over a 30 year mortgage, thats 300K

Other places with better weather and better paying jobs and lower income tax will have that at maybe 3K per year

that's $210K i am saving for other AREAS over 30 years.

I guess buffalo is so good that it is continued to be ranked at the top for people leaving.

ding ding ding.  No body ever talks about the property taxes. 

1 minute ago, iinii said:

You believe the owners care about the players well being? They don’t guarantee the entire contract. Everbody knows those contracts are front loaded for a reason. These contracts rarely run the full term. And you can’t make an employee work no matter how much you have paid them. 

Oh, that’s why I think they should be guaranteed for injury. And teams should be allowed to cut a player, but be on the hook for the full contract if they do. 

8 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

What does this even mean? How is Pittsburgh’s owner having it both ways in this situation? He paid out money to Antonio Brown on his word that, you know, he would actually fulfill his contract that he willingly signed. 

yet teams can release players while they are still under the contract they willingly offered

2 minutes ago, BillsFan17 said:

So the best player in the league at his position shuns the Bills. Yeah, wear that as a badge of pride. No one takes your virtue seriously.

Just like no one takes your rage seriously.

Edited by Joe in Winslow

3 minutes ago, iinii said:

They are front loaded so then players get theirs knowing full well they could be cut/injured at any time. The owners need the players in order to actually have a product.

5 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

Hi,

A decent home for 100K?

Find me that.

It's extremly expensive here, I've traveld for years and Buffalo is one of the most expensive cities to fly into and out of. 

A beautiful home for $350K is going to cost you 10K a year in property taxes.

over a 30 year mortgage, thats 300K

Other places with better weather and better paying jobs and lower income tax will have that at maybe 3K per year

that's $210K i am saving for other AREAS over 30 years.

I guess buffalo is so good that it is continued to be ranked at the top for people leaving.

That's all of NYS, not just Buffalo,  it's why I don't live there anymore

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

Just like no one takes your rage seriously.

My rage? I said there should be some anger involved. Hardly raging around, but yeah, I'm not the only person angry over being shunned by a player in the national spot light.

So yeah, clearly people do take my view seriously.

2 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

ding ding ding.  No body ever talks about the property taxes. 

Are most places really that much cheaper than paying $2500 per 100,000 of home value? I honesty don’t know. I just did a quick search and San Antonio, TX is on par with that level. But haven’t looked in any other major markets yet. 

26 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

But he did pay a compensation package that was Agreed to by the Steelers.  and then the reports are it wasn't about money with Brown he just didn't want to play in Buffalo, and I you are a WR really why would you?

Can’t answer that one - I wasn’t in the room.

I don’t think Brown or any reporters were either.

Just now, BillsFan17 said:

My rage? I said there should be some anger involved. Hardly raging around, but yeah, I'm not the only person angry over being shunned by a player in the national spot light.

So yeah, clearly people do take my view seriously.

:lol:

OK, keep telling yourself that, buddy.

7 minutes ago, billspro said:

This is for the best. Paying 20 + million per year on a long term deal for a 31 year old WR who lost half a step last year would not have turned out well.

how do you know he lost half a step......and how do you measure 1/2  step ? He looked pretty fast and quick to me

20 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

How much is Rex getting paid? 

good point

I don't think we are completely pulled out.  I def think Beane is pissed that it leaked and that Pitt leaked it to drive up the asking price from other teams.  If anything this has driven down AB's asking price as on paper it looks like Pitt lost another suitor for AB.

So if they hold their water and come back later today with a lesser offer, could still happen.

Really don't care either way.  Would be nice to have an awesome play maker on this team, but for the right price and someone who actually wants to play.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, nucci said:

yet teams can release players while they are still under the contract they willingly offered

I never understood that. But I would assume it’s somewhere in the contract that the team can get out of it? Otherwise how would they not be taken to court for terminating it. In which case the players just need to stop signing non-guaranteed contracts. They shouldn’t get all the money up front, but if they get cut mid contract the team should still have to pay. Unless the team works it into the contract, which, the player can then refuse to sign. 

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

:lol:

OK, keep telling yourself that, buddy.

So, I'm the only Bills fan who is angry about how this unfolded?

This thread alone has 62 pages and counting and that doesnt involve many other social media outlets with fans expressing their anger/frustration.

I'm not telling my self anything, these are facts.

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

The Packers have let it be known they don’t want him now and all they have is that Aaron Rogers guy I think AB screwed the

pooch here 

Colts are the most viable option with the best quarterback option for AB now then right? The others are cap strung or named the Packers or Steelers

Just now, TheBeane said:

I don't think we are completely pulled out.  I def think Beane is pissed that it leaked and that Pitt leaked it to drive up the asking price from other teams.  If anything this has driven down AB's asking price as on paper it looks like Pitt lost another suitor for AB.

So if they hold their water and come back later today with a lesser offer, could still happen.

Really don't care either way.  Would be nice to have an awesome play maker on this team, but for the right price and someone who actually wants to play.

I cant envision Beane coming out and saying the deals done only to circle back and make it happen, especially with a guy who clearly doesn't want to play here.

1 minute ago, Bills2ref said:

Oh, that’s why I think they should be guaranteed for injury. And teams should be allowed to cut a player, but be on the hook for the full contract if they do. 

And that is my point. Teams cut and run all the time. 

1 minute ago, The Senator said:

And you enjoy yours as well!

Why is his trade value at a nadir?  It should have been at a zenith if he’s all you dream he is.

Yep. What all these Brown defenders won't offer up is WHY this great talent hasn't been dealt yet. Phones at the Steelers HQ should be ringing off the hook with offers for the greatest receiver on the planet. Everyone actually knows the WHY but people want to act like you can simply separate the talent from the character.

He's a quitter. On a playoff contending team that really needed him on the field. And he just couldn't be bothered to answer the call because he doesn't like his QB? That doesn't sit well with football people in front offices around the league. 

15 minutes ago, SCBills said:

The taxes thing is real, but I doubt that's the reason.

As far as winning.. I happen to think we'll be winning real soon.   He'd also be the beneficiary of Josh Allen's cannon arm all game, so plenty of deep balls for his diva clown self.

Thats something I thought a player would be able to recognize.  Big Ben is obviously better than JA, but he maybe has a year left,  Brown could be been there for the start of a great qbs career

The intriguing question in the AB pursuit was what were the Bills willing to give up for him? Would it be a first round pick? I'm not sure? Another interesting aspect of this collapsed deal is that AB's attitude is the opposite of what this regime promotes. I'm not saying that AB is a bad guy but he is a volatile guy who acted out to the detriment of his team. Putting a player on your roster who you know walked out on his team because of an issue is the opposite of everything that McDermott stands for. 

What the purported AB pursuit says to me is that this organization is going to be aggressive in upgrading the roster this offseason. That is my positive takeaway from this startling and surprising failed pursuit.

Just now, iinii said:

And that is my point. Teams cut and run all the time. 

Players should stop signing those contracts. I imagine there has to be a clause in the contracts that the team can terminate at any time. If a player sees that they need to re-negotiate the deal. That clause shouldn’t be in there. I speculate it’s a clause in the contract because I can’t see a legal way the team could terminate it otherwise. 

Just now, K-9 said:

Yep. What all these Brown defenders won't offer up is WHY this great talent hasn't been dealt yet. Phones at the Steelers HQ should be ringing off the hook with offers for the greatest receiver on the planet. Everyone actually knows the WHY but people want to act like you can simply separate the talent from the character.

He's a quitter. On a playoff contending team that really needed him on the field. And he just couldn't be bothered to answer the call because he doesn't like his QB? That doesn't sit well with football people in front offices around the league. 

Sat well enough with the Bills though didn't it?

And Brown is the one that said NOPE

4 minutes ago, BillsFan17 said:

They are front loaded so then players get theirs knowing full well they could be cut/injured at any time. The owners need the players in order to actually have a product.

The pipeline is very long and the owners take full advantage. 

I love "value" posters.  They are always so dogmatic: "drafting so and so in the first round is a fireable offense"; "paying X to player 1 is a fireable offense"

Meanwhile, literally every scenario is NOT a fireable offense, and every deal they term a fireable offense is what is necessary to make the transaction happen.  If the "value" posters had their way, literally no deals would happen.  

With respect to AB, Its not a 1:1 negotiation.  Its the Bills v all the other teams that may be interested.  Sure, the Steelers have to get rid of the guy, but if there is a large market of teams, which for AB there is, then the price goes up.  

The OP is an idiot. 

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, iinii said:

Anyone taking the owners side in the NFL is misguided. It's the only sports league like that. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillsFan17 said:

So, I'm the only Bills fan who is angry about how this unfolded?

This thread alone has 62 pages and counting and that doesnt involve many other social media outlets with fans expressing their anger/frustration.

I'm not telling my self anything, these are facts.

We dont know the facts. You dont know the facts. And yes, you are in the minority of those who are upset and angry. I see most fans here being "meh, would have been good to have him, but comes with too much baggage to be a big issue"

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

I don't think you give that for a player they must trade. You shouldn't be offering more than a 3rd round pick. It just goes to show Beane is in over his head.

Well, Beane said it ultimately made little sense for both teams. Regardless of AB's input or intentions to not show up, maybe the price was too high. We'll likely never know now that its done and over with