REPORT: Steelers trading Antonio Brown to Bills! - Per Ian Rapoport (Hold up....maybe, maybe not....) EDIT: DEAL NOT HAPPENING PER BRANDON BEANE - UPDATE: Traded to Raiders

sven233

Just now, Bills2ref said:

Players should stop signing those contracts. I imagine there has to be a clause in the contracts that the team can terminate at any time. If a player sees that they need to re-negotiate the deal. That clause shouldn’t be in there. I speculate it’s a clause in the contract because I can’t see a legal way the team could terminate it otherwise. 

There is an ALL Guaranteed Contract and the first ever in the NFL was last year Kirk Cousins

28 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

I assume Adam is the new Buffalo hero, because he said some nice things about the city.

Could it be that Buffalonians get so mad when people dog the city, because deep down inside they know that there may be some truth to it

I'll listen to Schein on sports on SiriusXM during the day, he regularly has good things to say about Buffalo and is a big Josh Allen supporter.  

He started off in Syracuse so that might play a factor

2 minutes ago, JohnC said:

What the purported AB pursuit says to me is that this organization is going to be aggressive in upgrading the roster this offseason. That is my positive takeaway from this startling and surprising failed pursuit.

Maybe that was McBeane's goal heading into free agency. 

5 minutes ago, TheBeane said:

I don't think we are completely pulled out.  I def think Beane is pissed that it leaked and that Pitt leaked it to drive up the asking price from other teams.  If anything this has driven down AB's asking price as on paper it looks like Pitt lost another suitor for AB.

So if they hold their water and come back later today with a lesser offer, could still happen.

Really don't care either way.  Would be nice to have an awesome play maker on this team, but for the right price and someone who actually wants to play.

Its not over until the fat lady sings...

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Sat well enough with the Bills though didn't it?

And Brown is the one that said NOPE

Beane and Co. were wrong to go after this loser. I said that a while ago. Glad it didn't go down. Would have been a bad deal, imo. 

21 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Because I'm a TEAM guy, not a union/players guy.

I root for the Bills, not for the individual players. When you give players the control, it destroys a league. Again, see: NBA.

Yeah the NBA is really in trouble right now lol

15 minutes ago, TOboy said:

Rappaport broke the story. He also broke that the deal was off, and that the Bills had pulled out. He later (I was watching this unfold live on NFL Network this morning) updated the report saying AB's agent Drew Rosenhaus told the Bills he wasn't willing to come to Buffalo. Five minutes later Brandon Beane released his statement. 

For once, I don't think there's much we don't know. Rappaport was all over this and had everything accurate. 

Oh, I see.  Now it all makes sense.  

AB’s agent, the Shylock Drew Rosenhaus is the most believable of all involved and, if Buffalo wasn’t offering the HE wanted, he would certainly admit that.

After all, it’s not like he gets a cut.

18 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

I don't think you give that for a player they must trade. You shouldn't be offering more than a 3rd round pick. It just goes to show Beane is in over his head.

How do you know what is going on - I think you are in over your head on TBD!

3 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

I love "value" posters.  They are always so dogmatic: "drafting so and so in the first round is a fireable offense"; "paying X to player 1 is a fireable offense"

Meanwhile, literally every scenario is NOT a fireable offense, and every deal they term a fireable offense is what is necessary to make the transaction happen.  If the "value" posters had their way, literally no deals would happen.  

With respect to AB, Its not a 1:1 negotiation.  Its the Bills v all the other teams that may be interested.  Sure, the Steelers have to get rid of the guy, but if there is a large market of teams, which for AB there is, then the price goes up.  

The OP is an idiot. 

Well put - another one of our NFL experts who operates on the "fire everybody every day philosophy! 

1 hour ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

It has more to do with the Jordan Poyer stuff.  If Beane was willing to bring AB in, and through Poyer under the buss, that says Beane does not care about the players and all this "family" and "culture" stuff is a lie. 

Our GM cannot be concerned about who is banging who and baby momma drama. Screw that and all the instagram BS. This isn't high school, he's trying to build a winner. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

Players should stop signing those contracts. I imagine there has to be a clause in the contracts that the team can terminate at any time. If a player sees that they need to re-negotiate the deal. That clause shouldn’t be in there. I speculate it’s a clause in the contract because I can’t see a legal way the team could terminate it otherwise. 

Everbody knows the language. They also see the reality of empty lockers of guys who have multiple years left on paper. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, K-9 said:

Beane and Co. were wrong to go after this loser. I said that a while ago. Glad it didn't go down. Would have been a bad deal, imo. 

Wrong to go after the Best WR in the league?

Then again I understand AB not wanting to come to the land where WRs go to Die

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

That's not realistic. Owners will never agree to guaranteed contracts...players have no choice except not to play

4 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Anyone taking the owners side in the NFL is misguided. It's the only sports league like that. 

It never ceases to amaze me how people get so worked up about the poor owners. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Why? 

Because again, I root for the team, not the players. I don't want to have a sport where a team and its fans invest time and money into a guy, only to have him decide (while under contract) "you know what, I want to go play with player X in city Y. So, I'm going to cause problems until it happens." That's why.

Edited by Joe in Winslow
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Wrong to go after the Best WR in the league?

Then again I understand AB not wanting to come to the land where WRs go to Die

Wrong to go after a quitter. I don't care how good he is. I said that a while ago, too. 

And I really don't give a flying F why AB wouldn't want to come to Buffalo. Glad you understand him, though. He needs that. More understanding. Poor AB, he's just so misunderstood. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Our GM cannot be concerned about who is banging who and baby momma drama. Screw that and all the instagram BS. This isn't high school, he's trying to build a winner. 

I would love to see how the Message Board tough guys would react if their wives stepped out on them and then they had to go to work with them every day. 

1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Because again, I root for the team, not the players. I don't want to have a sport where a team and its fans invest time and money into a guy, only to have him decide (while under contract) "you know what, I want to go playw ith player X in city Y. So, I'm going to cause problems until it happens." That's why.

yet teams can cut a player while under contract

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, nucci said:

That's not realistic. Owners will never agree to guaranteed contracts...players have no choice except not to play

Really?

The just did last year in Minny.

Now ANY QB should start at the Cousins (total guaranteed contract).

Next step for high profile agents and players should be.  Yep I will sign for 5 years at 20% of the cap Per year.  tie the contract to the CAP and take advantage of that yearly cap growth

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, One Buffalo said:

Pretty crazy stuff... I didn't want him, and if the reports that he refused to play for Buffalo are true then he is proving to be just who I thought he was. 

But it shows that Beane is serious and the wild ride is just getting started...

I didn't want Brown either but I wind up in a different place regarding Beane. I like the job Beane has.been doing so far, but I think this would have been a mistake. Not good for the team and actually not good for Brown either for that matter. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

Devin White is their new Shazier?  Makes sense.

I actually think that White may not make it to 9.  There's rumors that both Tampa and Detriot really like him.

It’s certainly possible. They’d probably go Greedy otherwise from what he said. 

2 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Because again, I root for the team, not the players. I don't want to have a sport where a team and its fans invest time and money into a guy, only to have him decide (while under contract) "you know what, I want to go play with player X in city Y. So, I'm going to cause problems until it happens." That's why.

So Bryan Cox was right?

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

The minute that AB said no.  The Bills should have been on the phone with the Giants

For the same offer, swap of 1st & 2nd?  Sign me up :)

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Really?

The just did last year in Minny.

Now ANY QB should start at the Cousins (total guaranteed contract).

Next step for high profile agents and players should be.  Yep I will sign for 5 years at 20% of the cap Per year.  tie the contract to the CAP and take advantage of that yearly cap growth

right, forgot about that one, sorry