Brady says he plans to play in 2019 and beyond...

The Senator

3 minutes ago, Andy1 said:

Do Pats fans really want a creaky 44 yr old qb playing for them? I don’t think I’d feel great about that if I were them.

Pat's fan act like the season is over when they lose a game.  Lowest confidence in AFCE yet they have another bye going into the playoffs.  They are like spoiled little children that cry when they dont get what they want

• Like (+1) 4

21 minutes ago, Bring it said:

Brady is obsessed with being snubbed in the draft and making it clear that he is the best ever! He will not go down easy. More like having to be beaten into retirement!!

He is definitely that kind of athlete.

Some have to be pushed out because they would play forever if they were allowed to.

I can see a scenario where Brady declines, wants to continue, and the organization actually pushes him out.

Not necessarily next year however.

Unlike many here I don't want him to retire until the Bills are beating the Patriots on the regular. I know the "you'll be waiting forever" is going to be the natural response. But what's the difference of him being 200-3 against us vs 300-3? 

28 minutes ago, Bring it said:

Brady is obsessed with being snubbed in the draft and making it clear that he is the best ever! He will not go down easy. More like having to be beaten into retirement!!

He's a egomaniac who has gotten used to people polishing his nutz  He';; stick around too long and look foolish just like a lot of qbs who didn't know when to say when. 

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Andy1 said:

Do Pats fans really want a creaky 44 yr old qb playing for them? I don’t think I’d feel great about that if I were them.

Mostly Pats fans living around me, and most that I talk to clearly see the end coming soon for Brady.  Not to much confidence in what they’re going to do in the playoffs this year either.  

1 minute ago, mattynh said:

considering he plays for as much as a mid tier guy or less, it wont be hard for Kraft to pay him.

I have no doubt that they’ll keep him around next year if he wants to play, but I don’t think they will re-sign him after 2019-20.  They know that they are facing a re-build.

Good.  If any team in the AFCE was even competent this year, the Pats probably lose the division.

Jets and Bills should both be much improved next year. 

I remember how I felt at 42.  Things hurt more.  I was slower.  Keep on playing, TB.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, QB Bills said:

Unlike many here I don't want him to retire until the Bills are beating the Patriots on the regular. I know the "you'll be waiting forever" is going to be the natural response. But what's the difference of him being 200-3 against us vs 300-3? 

I’m with you !!! 

Hopefully this offseason will add some weapons on offense OL/WR maybe even TE/RB and give Josh a fair shot of beating them , I would like nothing more then TAKE the division from them and MAKE him retire!

1 hour ago, The Senator said:

Toomy Boy sez he wants to play until he’s 45!

Dude’s contract expires after next season - it’ll be interesting to see just how much Kraft loves him.

https://www.upi.com/Sports_News/NFL/2018/12/26/New-England-Patriots-QB-Tom-Brady-reiterates-plan-to-play-beyond-2019/5591545845614/

He’s sticking to the same story he publicly stated years ago - he wants to keep playing until he’s 45.

It won’t happen.   In fact, if he somehow wins the Super Bowl this year then you bet your ass he’s retiring.  Either way, the end is near

Just now, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I have no doubt that they’ll keep him around next year if he wants to play, but I don’t think they will re-sign him after 2019-20.  They know that they are facing a re-build.

Rumors are Kraft put his foot down when BB was ready to trade him.   I dont think Kraft is the problem, it would be BB.  But as long as he is performing they will keep him around.  He wont be getting some huge deal with lots of guaranteed but he never has.   If his play deteriorates then you could be right.

5 minutes ago, Putin said:

I’m with you !!! 

Hopefully this offseason will add some weapons on offense OL/WR maybe even TE/RB and give Josh a fair shot of beating them , I would like nothing more then TAKE the division from them and MAKE him retire!

2 seasons of sweeps and divisional wins should do it

4 minutes ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

He’s sticking to the same story he publicly stated years ago - he wants to keep playing until he’s 45.

It won’t happen.   In fact, if he somehow wins the Super Bowl this year then you bet your ass he’s retiring.  Either way, the end is near

Cant see him retiring this year under any circumstances apart from serious injury..

Just now, Aussie Joe said:

Cant see him retiring this year under any circumstances apart from serious injury..

We’ll see, but I get the impression that he wants to go out a winner.  Things are definitely trending downward and I think we all can see it.  If he wins the Super Bowl this year, I would bet he calls it a career but we’ll see

1 minute ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

We’ll see, but I get the impression that he wants to go out a winner.  Things are definitely trending downward and I think we all can see it.  If he wins the Super Bowl this year, I would bet he calls it a career but we’ll see

Possibly.., I know we are just sharing hypotheticals but they don’t have a replacement for next season and I don’t think he will leave them in the lurch..

Also, if they were to win it this year he will think he can do it again next year..

46 minutes ago, QB Bills said:

100? They said there would be no math.

What, is this a trick question?

I think next year is his last year.  I predict he will take a step back, as will the pats.  The team will see the writing on the wall and not be in a hurry to give a new contract at a rate that is greater than the player's current value.  They will also be serious about getting a 22 year old playmaking qb who will/would give brady serious competition.  Brady doesnt want to be benched, and likely knows he would be humbled without belichick and in his 40s playing for the Broncos or raiders.  

In the last few weeks he doesn't look very interested in holding the ball to take the hit to deliver the ball. Just like Eli. his days are very numbered. He would retire soon if he's half as smart as Boston thinks he is.

1 hour ago, mattynh said:

His season stats this year would be among the best ever by a Bills QB

I did not know they kept cheating stats.

The worst part will be he will probably be sent to the booth post career on CBS and will be assigned Bills games.

Edited by Limeaid
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Agree, which is why the best thing that happened to the rest of the AFCE was the Pats letting Garropollo walk. A monumental lack of foresight IMO.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, mattynh said:

Rumors are Kraft put his foot down when BB was ready to trade him.   I dont think Kraft is the problem, it would be BB.  But as long as he is performing they will keep him around.  He wont be getting some huge deal with lots of guaranteed but he never has.   If his play deteriorates then you could be right.

BB didnt want to trade him. San Fran inquored about him before 2017 tc. The plan was to sign jommy to a 2 year 24 mil guaranteed extension.