Fitzpatrick may keep the starting job!

Just now, billsbackto81 said:

This guy just continues to fall in the right place, right time. For a journeyman with no "wow factor" he's done pretty well for himself.

Fitzpatrick apparently has the luck of the Irish..

He chooses what team to go to based on their QB needs, and it’s no mistake that he keeps finding himself on teams with issues there. You don’t see him headed to Green Bay to be a backup for a reason.

• Like (+1) 1

Don't put it past Fitzy to put three good games together.

To be honest, the Bucs have some "nobody believes in us" potential. They have a lot of weapons in the passing games - Evans, Jackson, and good tight ends. Fitz can still put the ball in the hands of playmakers - meanwhile the whole league is trying to figure out how to tackle. He will put up numbers.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

I hope so! Fitzy is a good guy, it isn't a team I'm rooting for, and it in no way makes it easier for NE to get to the Super Bowl again. So I'm all good with it!

Fitzy is the devil.

Every guy be backs up gets horribly hurt or turns into trash as soon as fitzy arrives.

I don't want to know the number of goats and chickens he sacrifices for his deal with the Satan.

• Haha (+1) 1

Fitz is quite normal in that he is the guy with above average intelligence who sits in an office down the hallway from you and has a great, witty, dry, sense of humor.  In the office world, he is a dime a dozen and there are 10 million guys just like him.

The odd part, and what makes him extraordinary, is that he actually plays quarterback in the NFL.

• Like (+1) 1

It's so insane to me that no matter what team Fitzpatrick goes to, no matter how down the depth chart or how entrenched the starter, he always finds a way to start football games in this league. It's like watching Vinny Testaverde all over again, and I love it for the guy.

5 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

he went to Harvard??

Yeah, turned down Alabama...??

44 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Fitzy is the devil.

Every guy be backs up gets horribly hurt or turns into trash as soon as fitzy arrives.

I don't want to know the number of goats and chickens he sacrifices for his deal with the Satan.

So that explains Jamesis' 'Who wants to eat a W?' speech...demonic possession.

Now, I wonder if we can get him to tell us how he gets the caramel in the Caramilk bars?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TheFunPolice said:

I hope so! Fitzy is a good guy, it isn't a team I'm rooting for, and it in no way makes it easier for NE to get to the Super Bowl again. So I'm all good with it!

Why? Good guy but not a starting caliber QB in this league

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Exactly.  He's no Jake Bortles, for instance.  Or Trevor Seimian.

We need an expert opinion.  What does Jalen Ramsey think of him?  ('think' is applied very loosely here...'expert' even more so.)

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Given the state of our O-line, no Bills QB is going to succeed this year.  So they'll stick Peterman in as starter so their prize rookie doesn't get blown up.  Peterman is not that bad or wouldn't be if given half a chance, but when the O-line has him running for his life, we'll be yelling for someone else.  There will even be talk about how we were better off with Fitz.

Fitz gives teams enough to win 6-8 games a year, in other words the Swamp of Mediocrity where the Bills lived for a generation.  He is not enough to win 11-12 games and get a first round bye.  We should wish him well as a good guy, a smart guy, a great family man, and a guy who played pretty well for a not-good Bills team, but the whole league should know that signing Fitz means your starting QB is going to get hurt and you aren't making the playoffs.

2 hours ago, SouthNYfan said:

Fitzy is the devil.

Edwards was trash before Fitz came to Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

Exactly.  He's no Jake Bortles, for instance.  Or Trevor Seimian.

Bortles was a first round pick and actually had a single season that was better than what Fitz has ever done. Plus he actually has the physical tools, Fitz doesn't. 

Siemien...ugh. That was a joke.

3 hours ago, boater said:

Harvard QB, with the highest known Wonderlic score.. no wonder he keeps fleecing teams looking for a #1 QB.

Good for him.

Wrong Haaaavaaad guy. Fitz only scored a 48. What a dummy. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.herosports.com/amp/nfl/best-wonderlic-scores-pat-mcinally-mike-mamula-ryan-fitzpatrick-greg-mcelroy-aiai

2 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Bortles was a first round pick and actually had a single season that was better than what Fitz has ever done. Plus he actually has the physical tools, Fitz doesn't. 

Siemien...ugh. That was a joke.

Bortkes is the worst regular starter in the NFL.  Hands down the worst.

5 hours ago, fridge said:

He chooses what team to go to based on their QB needs, and it’s no mistake that he keeps finding himself on teams with issues there. You don’t see him headed to Green Bay to be a backup for a reason.

It’s almost like he went to Harvard or something