Could Hughes be next? $10.4 mil cap

39 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

In the past three days, the #Bills have traded the two biggest cap hits on their team in QB Tyrod Taylor and LT Cordy Glenn. The biggest cap hit now belongs to DE Jerry Hughes, at $10.4 million. It's worth pointing out Brandon Beane didn't sign Hughes to that contract.

#12, Hughes to Indy for the #3 overall pick in the draft.

:D

Edited by Foxx

48 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

In the past three days, the #Bills have traded the two biggest cap hits on their team in QB Tyrod Taylor and LT Cordy Glenn. The biggest cap hit now belongs to DE Jerry Hughes, at $10.4 million. It's worth pointing out Brandon Beane didn't sign Hughes to that contract.

incognito is next ....not a mc/beane type player

26 minutes ago, liverpoolkev said:

incognito is next ....not a mc/beane type player

It expires after this season....Hughes is here for the next 2 I think

40 minutes ago, Foxx said:

#12, Hughes to Indy for the #3 overall pick in the draft.

:D

Ha! That would be amazing!

I know a lot of people are speculating on Hughes but I can’t see how he goes. The Bills pass rush was already atrocious. They can’t let their best pass rusher go (especially when pass rush is so weak in the draft). They will need to add a top guy in 2019 whether Hughes is back or not.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

Are we going to play 8-man football?

We need some bodies coming in to plug the openings we're creating...

I didn’t know we weren’t allowed to participate in free agency and the draft this year.

Thanks for letting me know.

1 hour ago, Reed83HOF said:

Maybe, and I could be wrong, but I don't think the Bills trades are about clearing cap space as much as they are about positioning ourselves with the right ammunition to be nimble in the draft.

Ritchie, Clay, Hughes and McCoy are pretty much all that’s left of Whaley free agency

shaq is basically the last day one or two pick by the bills that predates last year’s draft, right?

its quite the turnover 

57 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

It would a move to get salary off of the books primarily.  If we find a gem in the 4th or 5th it is a bonus.

We are only paying him 1.3 and 1.8m the next two years. It’s pretty darn cheap.

It's all possible at this point, I think the Beane is clearly building a long-term contender. He is going to make a big play for a QB this year and in 2019 with the massive amount of cap space and a system and coach 2 years in place. By that point the roster will be fully turned over towards the guys McD and Beane want as well. They will have 2 draft classes brought in and a 3rd on the way. They can see where the holes on the roster are and fill them in via free agency. 

Although I think that Hughes might stay since he seems to be a respected veteran in the locker room and isn't a bad player at all. But once again it seems like Beane is just willing to clear house. 

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

That makes sense. 

By the time we get to 2 or 3 we won't have much of a roster left.?

They are reshaping this roster and getting their Franchise QB. 

And never said Hughes. All i am hearing is an edge rusher could be Shaq 

Happy very Happy about that

Edited by MAJBobby

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

I really do not want to move on from Hughes. I’ll be pretty pissed if they do, unless they sign a better player to replace him. Immediately. 

He didn't play poorly last year and he'd our only legitimate pass-rusher, I'd be unhappy if they unload him as well. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I really do not want to move on from Hughes. I’ll be pretty pissed if they do, unless they sign a better player to replace him. Immediately. 

Might be Shaq. Just hearing an edge rusher 

Imo Hughes is worth it, he's one of the most underrated Bills and is a McD type player. Passionate, plays extremely hard every snap , leader and is a very good pass rusher, sneaky quick. 

His numbers don't tell the whole story. He got a ton of pressure but because the DT and other DE were ineffective, the offense could key in on stopping Hughes. He needs to stay, creates a massive hole if he is dealt.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, LikeIGiveADarn said:

Hughes for Foles?

Schwartz got amazing production out of him, and I'm pretty sure the Eagles just cut a defensive lineman.

What is with you guys and Foles? That's not why we're making these moves. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Moral of the story about the Beane regime:  

He covets culture, draft assets and cap flexibility and no one is safe in his pursuit of that.  

Which is how it should be. After Whaley’s gross incompetence this is a joy