Kellys mouth cancer is back

I hope this doesn't get me on SDS' bad side, and I know it's against board rules, but in THIS particular case it's a worthy cause: F*CK CANCER! 

There's people like Jimbo who very openly talk about the misuse of their talent, money, time and life in early adulthood, but experienced an awakening of sorts, and course correct their life to make some truly incredible differences in the lives of others and demonstrate humanity and generosity to the community around them, and yet we still have people on this earth who do nothing but destroy the lives of others...and they'll die in their sleep at the age of 93........again F*CK CANCER!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MarkyMannn said:

Bash this guy all you want, but he's not wrong.  Understand for most people your opinion is driven by your experiences

Good luck Jim K

“Dictated by the medical industrial complex.”

I’d love to know WTF that even means, besides edgelord Internet BS someone read once. 

2 hours ago, nedboy7 said:

Cancer treatment in the us is dictated by the medical indaustial complex.  Its all BS. 

I do not want to get into a tangent since this is about the unfortunate reoccurence to Mr. Kelly & the best for him & his family to beat this.

But...if your statement is about Pharma R&D effort to cure or treat cancer then it is not true. If your statement is regarding health insurance coverage for cancer treatment then you may have a fair assessment.

45 minutes ago, PIP said:

Beat it again Jimbo! Kelly is from Pa where a lot of people use snuff just wondering if he was a user and if so did this contribute to his situation?

If he did why not come out and speak about it

2 hours ago, teef said:

oral cancer, (i think it was an oral sarcoma?) is amazingly difficult to beat.  i'm always impressed when someone receives a clean diagnosis after any treatment, but with a recurrence like this, his life expectancy is significantly shorter.  good luck jimbo.  if there's anyone tough enough to deal with it, it's him.

3 times of ANY cancer....it's so rare to completely beat it. 

This blows. I'm going to go put on my #12 jersey from 1992.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
2 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Someone do me a favor.  In the Comments section under the News article some genius typed in:  Honestly, who cares.  Can one of the locals go find that guy and smack him in the head for me?

I think his name was Rod Watson.

1 hour ago, PIP said:

Beat it again Jimbo! Kelly is from Pa where a lot of people use snuff just wondering if he was a user and if so did this contribute to his situation?

Im wondering this too. I thought i read once that he did chew when he was younger but i could be mistaken. 

Cannot even comprehend the challenges Jim and family have faced. I know he and Jill and family are tough, and have turned all the dark times into a positive for many....but another challenge of this type...wow.

I know three things for sure......

1) as a fan Jim is the greatest leader the Bills and perhaps the community has ever had

2) as a person I will ensure I will send as much positive energy, love and prayers as I can to Jim and his family

3) If there is anyone in the world who can take this incredible terrible news and make the world a better place as a result it is Jim and Jill and their family.

Prayers and love

Absolutely hate to hear this.

Jim - Be stronger than you've ever had to be. The 1st time was tough, this time will be even tougher. YOU CAN BEAT IT AGAIN!!!!! We're all with you. Sending nothing but love and prayers to you and your family.

6 hours ago, teef said:

oral cancer, (i think it was an oral sarcoma?) is amazingly difficult to beat.  i'm always impressed when someone receives a clean diagnosis after any treatment, but with a recurrence like this, his life expectancy is significantly shorter.  good luck jimbo.  if there's anyone tough enough to deal with it, it's him.

This may be a dumb question but has Kelly disclosed any risk factors which may have contributed to him getting cancer?  Not sure if it was tobacco use like dipping or chewing.

Obviously you never know for sure with cancer  

9 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

This may be a dumb question but has Kelly disclosed any risk factors which may have contributed to him getting cancer?  Not sure if it was tobacco use like dipping or chewing.

Obviously you never know for sure with cancer  

....don't believe so....but if that was the initial cause at diagnosis, I doubt he would go back to the habit to now have it recur.....besides, there are lung cancer cases attributed to smoking as well as lung cancer cases in people who have NEVER smoked.....cancer knows no bounds..........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy