More from obd

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Lets suffice it to say   I used to believe people all the time.  After looking like a complete ass for doing so, I take most everything with a grain of salt.  

I would understand this statement if you said it made you "feel" like a complete ass. However, having a tendency to believe people all the time doesn't make you "look" like a complete ass - acting like a complete ass makes you look like a complete ass. Just sayin'...

Edited by billsfan1959
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

My friends say None of the Glenn stuff is true. 

Seattle did offer a small Package of Picks and Beane said No immediately. However Beane also had a deal worked out for a conditional mid round pick for Henderson and McD didnt agree because of the unkown of Glenn so the trade never happened. 

He did say though Glenn will be dealt in the offseason probably closer to the draft and that the Bills are hoping he can get in the field in the final weeks to showcase he is healthy to maximize his value. The INJ itself never fully healed and he rushed back. However the trade in the offseason will be less about the INJ and more the showing of Dawkins (smaller cap hit). Bills hoping to use Glenn to gain more flexibility in the draft. 

My buddy did confirm that the Bills did try to get a player from KC prior to the deadline (wouldnt eleborate on who) because are going to try again in the offseason. Said player has fallen out of favor in KC I am guessing it is Marcus Peters 

Message board posters battling it out over their anonymous sources.

My anonymous source says this is awesome.  :lol:

Just now, billsfan1959 said:

I would understand this statement if you said it made you "feel" like a complete ass. However, having a tendency to believe people all the time doesn't make you "look" like a complete ass - acting like a complete ass makes you look like a complete ass. Just sayin'...

Believing people all the time is acting like a complete ass.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

IMO, a "rift", "disagreement", or whatever you want to call it, isn't as much of an issue (happens in every workplace environment) as internal information being leaked out to the public is. I get that this is just speculation, but it's being relayed as if it is not, and if accurate, the real issue is that someone inside OBD cannot keep quiet, and that's not good for any organization, especially a sports franchise (and especially so, this franchise, that's trying to rise up from the depths of obscurity).

2 hours ago, RobH063 said:

There were rumors about a trade of Glenn to Seattle back then. That's not news but what was included in the trade might be. You could have said the deal was for anything since it didn't happen and there's no way to know for sure. I highly doubt that McDermott "Vetoed" the trade. That makes it sound like he absolutely refused to allow the trade to happen and controls Beane. Beane doesn't seem like the kind of guy that would be a total puppet. McDermott might have a lot of power and control over the 53 but no way anyone takes a GM job with no control whatsoever. There might be disagreement back and forth and one or the other may not get their way sometimes but It's much more likely that McDermott knows Beane is trying to deal Glenn and then sometime after that, Beane tells McDermott he has a deal with Seattle and McDermott tells Beane that Glenn's injury is worse now and he can't pass the physical and the trade then never happens. Otherwise, why try to do anything unless McDermott goes to Beane and says...Hey Beane, I don't want so and so on my team. Try to do a deal for him or I'm going to release him. And Beane replies "Ok, boss. Anything you want" No way that's happening.

I can't remember if it was spelled out when these guys were hired, but the previous coach and GM both reported directly to the owner.  I doubt McDermott could specifically veto anything, but if they're both making an argument to Pegula and he sides with McDermott, it's pretty much the same thing.

3 hours ago, Dunkirk Don said:

Update on front office rift. As reported yesterday, bean very upset that McDermott unwilling to part with marginal players that will not be on roster next year for a third round comp pick.  A third round pick is a valuable asset. There is more to the story. On the same day we traded for Benjamin, Beane had worked out a deal to trade Glenn to Seattle for fourth rounder and Paul Richardson and at last minute McDermott vetoed the trade.  Beane knew Seattle would pay up for Glenn because they had a real need and were desperate to protect Wilson and playoff run. Words exchanged.  Beane knows now Bills may be stuck with glennn due to injury.  Glenn currently could not pass physical and Beane knows he cannot get any real value in return now from Glenn.  Word is the Buffalo brass is concerned that Glenn injury is chronic and he may never fully recover and may have to take huge cap hit and nothing in return.  On the Kansas City front.  It was reported yesterday, bills seeking player and kc in desperate need of picks.  Kc may have mortgage future.  Reid felt they were close this year but season turned on him.  Chiefs not seeking first round but second round pick.  Bills unwilling to part with either second but would package third and lower round picks.  Player not known but it is not Kelce.   Stadium location is not Batavia and no state funds are involved.  Bonds may be sold to raise revenues.building to start in 2022 with opening in 2024.  New era college bowl game real possibility 

Your post is a little confusing. Yes, it was widely reported that  the Seahawks were interested in Glenn. They had an immediate need. The problem is Glenn would not have passed a physical. So the deal would have been nixed any way you look at it. Seattle then made a deal with Houston to get an OT. 

Your stadium speculation is interesting. Because it is such a large endeavor with many layers from the legal, financing, real estate, politics and governance it would be impossible to keep this matter a secret. If things are moving and starting to crystalize, as you suggest, then in the not too distant future it will become public. Again, your post is very interesting. 

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

Believing people all the time is acting like a complete ass.

The over and under for Bobbys and Donnie Darkos sources is set at zero. Any action on the over!?

11 hours ago, dlonce said:

Believe me,it’s not going anywhere near Batavia. The main market isn’t Rochester either,it’s Buffalo,the metro area and Southern Ontario.To the poster who stated Rochester is the second largest market,that would be incorrect. It’s WNY and Ontario. If you include the metro Toronto area then you are looking at one of the largest markets in the NFL.

Rochesters a great market for ticket sales,and a great fan base but it’s not the second main market. A move to Batavia could alienate a really large market in Canada and parts of WNY.

Believe little what is posted here. Including what I’m posting if you desire.The op will be correct on what was stated regarding the team. If you read exactly what was posted you will see all bases covered. Tyrod getting traded,Tyrod staying, Dennison gone,Dennison staying,the Bills are after Cousins,if not Cousins then Bradford or Kennum or Bridgewater and so on. .If they can’t get any one of those guys they will draft one of Darnold who they really love (publicly stated already) or Rosen or Mayfield. Or Jackson or... Again,all bases covered.

It was said he was looking for property near the supposed property of a new stadium,then it turned into being a minor investor within a group that purchased property.

Which is it?

There might be a restaurant and plaza being built that Thurman Thomas  and his group purchased land for but it’s got nothing to do with a football stadium and everything to do with his Batavia Downs venture and belief in Batavia. If Thurman’s telling potential investors the stadium might be built there(wink,wink) then shame on him.

Some people have real sources,and those sources are saying the stadium issue is in its infancy,but can progress quickly when they are ready. The leagues pushing him to get moving, and after last Sunday’s game they are pushing again. They are to get a stadium built outside of the snow belt region.

If Pegula wants funding from the State he’s going to have to build the stadium as close to Buffalo as possible. It’s politically motivated and earmarked for the economy of Buffalo and Western New York. Any stadium built in remote areas would not be cost effective,there would be monumental costs for infrastructure,sewage,water,electricity,ingress and egress issues, of which will be difficult to raise bonds for. Pegula would have to build the stadium himself and that’s not happening.

Those are the real facts, from real sources.

Plus the fact Dunkirk Don stated he grew up on "several" street in Dunkirk.  I grew up in Dunkirk and there is no several street, there is a Serval Street and out of towner's make that mistake all the time.  But I am enjoying the comments on this thread, so keep the "Breaking News" coming!!!!

Edited by ricojes

On a side note and something my buddy from the other organization has said that hasnt happened in Buffalo in a long time is a respect factor from FO to players. 

He said when it is coming to certain Vet players if there is an offer that comes in about them the FO goes to the player and asks if he wants to take it. He said it happened with McCoy before season a nice package was offered to Buffalo from this team for McCoy and they went and asked him if he would like thag team he said no the trade never happened. 

I would guess if an offer that just blows them away they wouldnt let the player have much say (likely still approach him) but a borderline value package the FO is giving the player some input and he said this hasnt happened in Buffalo since he has been working at the other organization. 

4 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

The over and under for Bobbys and Donnie Darkos sources is set at zero. Any action on the over!?

I will take the over on mine. Though they are hit and miss as the landscapes change in the NFL weekly it seems like 

12 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

My buddy did confirm that the Bills did try to get a player from KC prior to the deadline (wouldnt eleborate on who) because are going to try again in the offseason. Said player has fallen out of favor in KC I am guessing it is Marcus Peters 

Peter's isn't a McDermott character guy and doesn't fill a need for us. I would guess an O-lineman, couldn't guess which one though. Maybe float that to your guy and see if he hints anything.

11 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Marcus Peters? A CB who doesn't like tackling and is a me first player. Nope. That's not what they are building.

Just a guess i am not sure who else has fallen out of favor there maybe Hali??? I think his llaying time has dropped off

3 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

Not liking what I’m hearing about McD...doesn’t sound too bright...we finally get a GM that knows how to operate, and it turns out the HC is the one holding us back, if all this is true.

Then we are in trouble...because i think Beane is the smarter of the two.

Agreed.  Beane is the smartest guy in the room.  He's the guy I want making decisions on how to build this team. 

3 hours ago, nucci said:

So who is the GM....Beane or McDermott? This is why you hire a GM first and let the GM pick the coach...If McDermott is overruling Beane this team is in trouble.

Absolutely correct...and if true, just another in a series of Pegula mistakes, for a guy who has been an owner of two sports franchises for a handful of years.

18 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

My friends say None of the Glenn stuff is true. 

Seattle did offer a small Package of Picks and Beane said No immediately. However Beane also had a deal worked out for a conditional mid round pick for Henderson and McD didnt agree because of the unkown of Glenn so the trade never happened. 

He did say though Glenn will be dealt in the offseason probably closer to the draft and that the Bills are hoping he can get in the field in the final weeks to showcase he is healthy to maximize his value. The INJ itself never fully healed and he rushed back. However the trade in the offseason will be less about the INJ and more the showing of Dawkins (smaller cap hit). Bills hoping to use Glenn to gain more flexibility in the draft. 

The KC player imo is one of the RBs not named Hunt. Bills really wanted to acquire a RB per reports. Peters does not sound like a McD player and I can’t see Chefs getting rid of him even with his issues.

Could also be Justin Houston to give KC more cap space.

1 minute ago, LabattBlue said:

Absolutely correct...and if true, just another in a series of Pegula mistakes, for a guy who has been an owner of two sports franchises for a handful of years.

If some random guy on a web forum says he's got sources, by cracky it's gotta be true.

5 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Peter's isn't a McDermott character guy and doesn't fill a need for us. I would guess an O-lineman, couldn't guess which one though. Maybe float that to your guy and see if he hints anything.

I will keep working him. I have been trying so hard to get him to confirm or deny me ever since the draft and Beane got hired that Beane leaked Carolina TGTs to Beane. He wont say a damn thing lol. I think that might have to wait until these guys are years and years in their job or they have been fired. Out if eveything that is the one thing i really want to know for some reason. 

I like Beane. I'm not sold on McDermott all the way. Just seems rattled by the crash and burn after the hot start. I think Beane will out last McDermott if all goes haywire.

Obviously i have to believe that this combo is the best for the team and taking it in the right direction until it's painfully clear it's not. I have no choice as a fan. 

If true it's interesting that they not necessarily joined at the hip and Beane will not just bend over.

I'm surprised at the resistance your received. I'm not sold your the real deal but I won't try to shut you down and wait to see if you are correct or not.

Edited by Lfod

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The KC player imo is one of the RBs not named Hunt. Bills really wanted to acquire a RB per reports. Peters does not sound like a McD player and I can’t see Chefs getting rid of him even with his issues.

West would be a good pick up for cheap.

22 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

I always thought the "P" in LAMP was for "post," but my anonymous source **cough**MattLauer**cough** assures me it's for "penis."

Edited by transient
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

If some random guy on a web forum says he's got sources, by cracky it's gotta be true.

Which is why I said "if true".

Chances are there is no way all of DD's ramblings are being leaked by someone in the Bills organization,  nor, if he is an employee of the team, would he be dumb enough to repeat things he is being told which could jeopardize his job.

Anyone who follows the Bills, could easily come up with similar posts. 

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yeah could be that. West does fit as he is under contract next year too. 

JasonLacanfoora   ✔@jasonlacanfoora
Sources in Dunkirk close to the @BuffaloBillsNFL confirm there may be infighting among some coaches/front office personnel and ground crews mostly relating to the removal of snow from New Era Stadium. Team has no comment at this time. Grounds Supervisor @StanleyWojachowski feels @MotherNature failed to give proper warning of accumulation totals and prevailing winds. Sideline tablets will now have a "quick link" to @AccuWeather for grounds crews and coaches alike. Biggest conflict between the sides relates to @StanleyWojachowski recommendation that players who are "inactive" should be equipped with Stihl leaf blowers and remove deep snow from yard lines. Sources in Dunkirk claim @CordyGlenn was opposed to this work unless he was furnished properly padded moon boots to protect feet. 
7:32am December 14, 2017
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5

Honestly, this is fun reading. It beats the hell out of posters who think they're smart by constantly running players ("TT has a boo boo on his knee") down. Also, DD, when you speak of contingency planning, I understand and respect the logic of uncertainty. For fandom entertainment, I look forward to these posts. 

On last update on Lamar Jackson. 

The Scouting Department doesnt really know where to put him yet (the guys that have watched him). They said he has greatly improved his passing ability however they think he still has a long way to go and should stay in school. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I would think he would be a 4-3 DE here 

Well let's just get Justin Houston if that's the case!

9 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Yeah could be that. West does fit as he is under contract next year too. 

If Chiefs are asking for a 2nd it has to be a higher profile player than that unless I've misunderstood something.

13 hours ago, Dunkirk Don said:

Any questions for my source  

Is the new stadium location one that has been discussed in the media as a possibility or is this a completely new location and how did they determine this would be the best spot? There were several studies done and that info has been reported so I am curious if they picked one of those or did their own thing

The Glenn trade stuff doesn't make sense. 

Everything that came out said that the Bills wanted a lot in return for him, and that the  cost was prohibitively high (which is why Seattle went elsewhere). 

Also, if he won't pass a physical now, how would he have passed one to be traded weeks ago? 

8 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Well let's just get Justin Houston if that's the case!

If Chiefs are asking for a 2nd it has to be a higher profile player than that unless I've misunderstood something.

He didnt tell me what the Bills where offering before the deadline just they tried to get s deal to happen and will try again after season

1 hour ago, klos63 said:

But who has the ultimate authority over the roster and trades?  Someone needs to make final call.  Kim?

I doubt ownership would be as involved. I feel like they took a step back and will let their guys handle it. But like I said before, It's a mutual decision. Beane and McDermott will come together and discuss the roster. Who to promote (Practice squad), who to sign, who to trade, and so on. As far as right now, it's mainly them talking about the practice squad, injuries, and free agency. The draft talk won't come until after the season is finished. I don't think there should ever be a situation where Beane says that you have to coach this guy or else...and so on. Now there may be situation where McDermott wants a guy so Beane goes after him, but the money isn't right. So the guy walks and signs elsewhere. McDermott can't say, hey go pay him now. That's not how it works. Beane controls the money decision in this one. So, to answer your question, I think they both have final say in certain situations, but ultimately it is a mutual decision between the both of them that makes sense both financially and with the roster. If there is no agreement, then they move on from it.

This information is fun and interesting... but no way should anyone create any sort of opinion to either the GM or coach based on this report... Impossible to prove the validity let alone context of these statements.

Edited by Jobot
edit