More from obd

29 minutes ago, Dunkirk Don said:

•  
  • Dunkirk Don
  • Members
  • 151 posts

Update on front office rift. As reported yesterday, bean very upset that McDermott unwilling to part with marginal players that will not be on roster next year for a third round comp pick.  A third round pick is a valuable asset. There is more to the story. On the same day we traded for Benjamin, Beane had worked out a deal to trade Glenn to Seattle for fourth rounder and Paul Richardson and at last minute McDermott vetoed the trade.  Beane knew Seattle would pay up for Glenn because they had a real need and were desperate to protect Wilson and playoff run. Words exchanged.  Beane knows now Bills may be stuck with glennn due to injury.  Glenn currently could not pass physical and Beane knows he cannot get any real value in return now from Glenn.  Word is the Buffalo brass is concerned that Glenn injury is chronic and he may never fully recover and may have to take huge cap hit and nothing in return.  On the Kansas City front.  It was reported yesterday, bills seeking player and kc in desperate need of picks.  Kc may have mortgage future.  Reid felt they were close this year but season turned on him.  Chiefs not seeking first round but second round pick.  Bills unwilling to part with either second but would package third and lower round picks.  Player not known but it is not Kelce.   Stadium location is not Batavia and no state funds are involved.  Bonds may be sold to raise revenues.building to start in 2022 with opening in 2024.  New era college bowl game real possibility 

Thanks for the information, good stuff, I appreciate it. 

this is friggen hilarious. Some people will believe anything.  

Stadium location is not Batavia 

See what a little trolling does?   I posted this trash yesterday and see how far its gone!!!!!  It has been used in 3 threads in the last 12 hours.  

Oh BTW the Washington Redskins are changing their name to the RedHawks 

Just now, Commonsense said:

Posters replying like this guy is legit. Yikes.

All Donnie Darko does is recite popular names on the trade block and pending free agents and then put his own personal spin on it.

funny stuff 

I'll have to think up another good one people might buy into 

I have a feeling the players opinion is more important than the GM's opinion. If there is already smoke in year1 I think their will be fire in year 2. 

Glenn would've had to pass a physical for the trade to go through, he wouldn't have passed the physical so we would be in the same position right?

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Which is not a "rift"

I would disagree. Part of the definition of "rift" is a "clear space or interval" or "breach" which is further defined as a "temporary gap in continuity"....again, not saying your perception is wrong, but it's not definitive either. That's my only point, that it could be severe as you intimated, or it could simply be a strong disagreement as part of an isolated incident.

6 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Posters replying like this guy is legit. Yikes.

All Donnie Darko does is recite popular names on the trade block and pending free agents and then put his own personal spin on it.

Maybe it is my positive nature but I like to give people the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise.

• Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

If this is the case we wouldn’t get a 4th...McD wanting to win now is screwing us for the future 

I wasn't saying we would or could or should....just that at the time, it would have been infuriating for most of us and it makes sense why it was being rumored that Glenn was on the block but then nothing came to fruition.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, BigBuff423 said:

I would disagree. Part of the definition of "rift" is a "clear space or interval" or "breach" which is further defined as a "temporary gap in continuity"....again, not saying your perception is wrong, but it's not definitive either. That's my only point, that it could be severe as you intimated, or it could simply be a strong disagreement as part of an isolated incident.

They might well have disagreed on a single decision.  That is not a rift.  

7 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

this is friggen hilarious. Some people will believe anything.  

Stadium location is not Batavia 

See what a little trolling does?   I posted this trash yesterday and see how far its gone!!!!!  It has been used in 3 threads in the last 12 hours.  

Oh BTW the Washington Redskins are changing their name to the RedHawks 

funny stuff 

But why?? So you can try to prove a point that he may or may not have "inside" information? Isn't that the whole point of each forum participant to just evaluate for themselves and then believe or don't believe...or for most of us, just take it and say, "Eh, we'll see"....if he's right, great we can know to trust him in the future, if he's not, maybe he's lied, maybe he was given wrong info or inaccurate or maybe it simply changed.....either way, taking this to a level where you've intentionally planted disinformation, is someone who just needs to spend more time doing productive things and for God's sake, it's the holidays man, cheer the f-up and let....it.....go. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

Thank you for not leaving. I wouldn't be too concerned with a rift between GM and coach. That kind of stuff happens a lot. Glenn, when healthy, can be a top 10 tackle. Coach was looking at the depth of the position, and of course wants his best players out there. Beane will always be looking to make a move, and most likely for all players on the roster except for rookies. Good to know that they are not in a power struggle. I think it is important that they both have a mutual agreement on roster moves.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

They might well have disagreed on a single decision.  That is not a rift.  

Agreed. We don't know, that was my point.

2 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:
rift
[rift]

NOUN
  1. a crack, split, or break in something:
    "the wind had torn open a rift in the clouds"

You've quoted a partial definition....so what's the point?

6 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Breaking News

"When healthy, Tyrod will be our starter," coach Sean McDermott told reporters Wednesday. "He’s made some progress. He’ll get most of the work today in practice, not quite all the work, though."

I bet Beane is pissed off 

I doubt it. Beane will never control who starts and should know that. He makes personnel decisions, and runs them by the coach to see if it works with him as well. Looks like a very healthy relationship to me.

• Like (+1) 1

As for whether the guy is genuine or just spitballing.... I have in the past had genuine contacts inside soccer clubs here in the UK.  They do not drip feed you information on a daily basis.  If the daily nature of these threads continues then I will frankly ignore them.  

We had Leroi here for a while who would pop up maybe 4-6 times a year and nailed 90% of the info he gave us.  He was not here every single day giving us "breaking" news.  That is just not how it works.  

• Like (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

But why?? So you can try to prove a point that he may or may not have "inside" information? Isn't that the whole point of each forum participant to just evaluate for themselves and then believe or don't believe...or for most of us, just take it and say, "Eh, we'll see"....if he's right, great we can know to trust him in the future, if he's not, maybe he's lied, maybe he was given wrong info or inaccurate or maybe it simply changed.....either way, taking this to a level where you've intentionally planted disinformation, is someone who just needs to spend more time doing productive things and for God's sake, it's the holidays man, cheer the f-up and let....it.....go

Did I tell you not to believe what he posts?  

Or did I provide an example of Buyer Beware!

God's sake, it's the holidays man, cheer the f-up and let....it.....go

The same to you. 

9 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

Agreed. We don't know, that was my point.

You've quoted a partial definition....so what's the point?

Oh I'm sorry.  somehow I think this is the worse of the 2 

2. a serious break in friendly relations:
"their demise caused a rift between the city's town and gown"

VERB
geology
    form fissures, cracks, or breaks, especially through large-scale faulting; move apart:
    "a fragment of continental crust that rifted away from eastern Australia" · 
(rifted)
tear or force (something) apart:
"the nascent rifted margins of the Red Sea"
Edited by ShadyBillsFan

1 minute ago, BigBuff423 said:

But why?? So you can try to prove a point that he may or may not have "inside" information? Isn't that the whole point of each forum participant to just evaluate for themselves and then believe or don't believe...or for most of us, just take it and say, "Eh, we'll see"....if he's right, great we can know to trust him in the future, if he's not, maybe he's lied, maybe he was given wrong info or inaccurate or maybe it simply changed.....either way, taking this to a level where you've intentionally planted disinformation, is someone who just needs to spend more time doing productive things and for God's sake, it's the holidays man, cheer the f-up and let....it.....go. 

How about use a little bit of those critical thinking skills and realize all the stuff Donnie Darko spouts off with was mentioned in round about ways. Heck Cordy trade rumors to Seattle was on the front page of NFLDotcom. Paul Richardson's name came up in a few threads here last week for possible offseason acquisitions. It's not hard to see what is going on with this poster and it's dissapointing that so many folks carry on like "oh snap McD and Beane are rifting!!!"

yeah Beane was going to be the first GM in league history to trade for two WRs on the same day, in the middle of the season! Yehawww. Get that Captains ready I need to catch up.

The traded for Benjamin on 10/31. The same day they had worked out a trade to send Glenn to Seattle? Seattle has already traded for Duane Brown the day before. 

None of this is really earth shattering, and McD should have the say in which players stay and go. Just found that piece a bit off.t
Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, ROONDOGG55 said:

I doubt it. Beane will never control who starts and should know that. He makes personnel decisions, and runs them by the coach to see if it works with him as well. Looks like a very healthy relationship to me.

Apologies ....   I wasn't being serious with the Beane remark.  

Edited by ShadyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1

Appreciate the topic.  Just one question though, if they dont feel like they may be able to trade Glenn now because he wont pass a physical why did they think they could two months ago?  What I mean is this, if the injury is indeed chronic he wouldn't have passed a physical eight weeks ago either.   So essentially, that being a point of contention doesn't really fly well.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Southtown Tommy said:
14 minutes ago, Gordio said:

Maybe it is my positive nature but I like to give people the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise.

Southtown Tommy agrees with you bone.

I think a point being made is that most of this is Common Knowledge. 

Just now, thenorthremembers said:

Appreciate the topic.  Just one question though, if they dont feel like they may be able to trade Glenn now because he wont pass a physical why did they think they could two months ago?  What I mean is this, if the injury is indeed chronic he wouldn't have passed a physical eight weeks ago either.   So essentially, that being a point of contention doesn't really fly well.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=cordy+glenn+trade&qs=AS&pq=cordy+glenn+&sk=AS1&sc=8-12&cvid=FC5160532BD244CFAC0AE8376CDB4D89&FORM=QBRE&sp=2

Rumors are just that rumors 

Google makes things interesting 

NFL trade deadline: Top 3 destinations for Bills’ OT Cordy ...

billswire.usatoday.com/.../nfl-trade-deadline-bills-cordy-glenn-top...

Oct 21, 2017 · The NFL trade deadline is rapidly approaching and the Buffalo Bills’ new regime has not been shy about making big moves in their first year calling the shots. General manager Brandon Beane and head coach Sean McDermott are working to build the team in their vision for the future and they reportedly fielded calls from the Seattle Seahawks regarding a potential trade for left tackle Cordy Glenn.

Should Buffalo Bills trade Cordy Glenn to Seahawks for ...

www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2017/10/should...

Buffalo Bills tackle Cordy Glenn looks on during the first half of an NFL football game against the Kansas City Chiefs, Sunday, Nov. 9, 2014, in Orchard Park, N.Y ...

14 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

As for whether the guy is genuine or just spitballing.... I have in the past had genuine contacts inside soccer clubs here in the UK.  They do not drip feed you information on a daily basis.  If the daily nature of these threads continues then I will frankly ignore them.  

We had Leroi here for a while who would pop up maybe 4-6 times a year and nailed 90% of the info he gave us.  He was not here every single day giving us "breaking" news.  That is just not how it works.  

Leroi was a phony too

15 minutes ago, ROONDOGG55 said:

You must not live/work too far from me 

52 minutes ago, nucci said:

So who is the GM....Beane or McDermott? This is why you hire a GM first and let the GM pick the coach...If McDermott is overruling Beane this team is in trouble.

and how is McDermott capable of overruling Beane? Does Beane need his permission?

13 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

How about use a little bit of those critical thinking skills and realize all the stuff Donnie Darko spouts off with was mentioned in round about ways. Heck Cordy trade rumors to Seattle was on the front page of NFLDotcom. Paul Richardson's name came up in a few threads here last week for possible offseason acquisitions. It's not hard to see what is going on with this poster and it's dissapointing that so many folks carry on like "oh snap McD and Beane are rifting!!!"

yeah Beane was going to be the first GM in league history to trade for two WRs on the same day, in the middle of the season! Yehawww. Get that Captains ready I need to catch up.

My point was simply, the guy comes here to share what he reports as "inside information"....maybe it's not true...maybe it is....maybe he's a lonely Stephen Hawking who needs to feel important....regardless of the motivation, time will tell and since there's NO reason to believe it IS true, there's also NO reason to believe it isn't....so, just let time to do the testing and take it for "food for thought"....in the meantime, for someone to go out of their way and use their time essentially to set a ruse to try and prove a point or to discredit the man, it seems juvenile to me. Just take it how you'd like and let it go....discuss the thread, say you're doubtful, say you have a hard time believing it, but some posters have been disparaging in their comments and then for this scheme, I just don't get it....believe him or don't, discuss it or move on...but man, sometimes I wonder what in life has made some of these people so incredibly jaded and eager to spread misery.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Hurricane said:

The Redskins franchised him twice already. Aren't teams only allowed 2 times for that?

3 minutes ago, horned dogs said:

That's what I thought as well. Anybody?

Either the franchise or the transition tag can be applied to Cousins by Washington. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, jimmy10 said:

I’m more wary of the guy with 7,500 posts in nine months. Whatever he’s selling, I assume he buys pixels by the barrel. 

Lets suffice it to say   I used to believe people all the time.  After looking like a complete ass for doing so, I take most everything with a grain of salt.  

Venture over to Off the Wall.  You'll see why my post count is so high here.    FWIW ...  I usually average 15 posts a day and have done so for decades, even before the D&C forums. 

Just now, ROONDOGG55 said:

Yeah, I'm up in the Martinsburg area.

25 - 30 miles   God's Country 

1 hour ago, Dunkirk Don said:

Update on front office rift. As reported yesterday, bean very upset that McDermott unwilling to part with marginal players that will not be on roster next year for a third round comp pick.  A third round pick is a valuable asset. There is more to the story. On the same day we traded for Benjamin, Beane had worked out a deal to trade Glenn to Seattle for fourth rounder and Paul Richardson and at last minute McDermott vetoed the trade.  Beane knew Seattle would pay up for Glenn because they had a real need and were desperate to protect Wilson and playoff run. Words exchanged.  Beane knows now Bills may be stuck with glennn due to injury.  Glenn currently could not pass physical and Beane knows he cannot get any real value in return now from Glenn.  Word is the Buffalo brass is concerned that Glenn injury is chronic and he may never fully recover and may have to take huge cap hit and nothing in return.  On the Kansas City front.  It was reported yesterday, bills seeking player and kc in desperate need of picks.  Kc may have mortgage future.  Reid felt they were close this year but season turned on him.  Chiefs not seeking first round but second round pick.  Bills unwilling to part with either second but would package third and lower round picks.  Player not known but it is not Kelce.   Stadium location is not Batavia and no state funds are involved.  Bonds may be sold to raise revenues.building to start in 2022 with opening in 2024.  New era college bowl game real possibility 

You need to learn how to post correctly. This quote yourself and delete the quote container crap is getting old.  Seeing a huge D right out of the gate is kind of like nails down the chalk board.

Second, I hope they find you and either fire you or end the relationship that provides you this information. Gossip. Blah, blah, blah.