Nathan Peterman to Start this Week.

26CornerBlitz

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I don’t disagree. I just wouldn’t have waited until they were out of the playoff discussion (maybe 2 more weeks). I hope that they are right. 

Why wait until we are out of the playoffs to make a change? I dont get that line of thought. The last two weeks were pretty clear we were not getting there with TT, so why wait until we are out of the playoffs when we still have a chance to make them?

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I don’t disagree. I just wouldn’t have waited until they were out of the playoff discussion (maybe 2 more weeks). I hope that they are right. 

Tyrod is finished and waiting for another loss next week would have ended the season. Peterman may not be the guy but we sure as hell know that Tyrod was not either.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, BillsMedia said:

The organization has decided to tank, therefore, putting Peterman in is a fantastic way to go. Love the move and let's go get a couple studs in the draft early!

Nope. They’ve decided they want to win and Peterman runs the offense better. And we give ourselves a few games to figure out the plan for next year.

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I think they know that they will see more of what they saw the last 2 weeks because the LAC D-Line is ridiculous. This is one way to keep the pass rush at bay - get the ball out fast. Whether he succeeds or not i don’t know. But TT holds onto the ball so long, he would be eaten alive by Bosa/Ingram. I guess they think this gives them a chance. 

But it Tyrod is a captain so this is huge I think from a “process” perspective. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, unclepete said:

Dumb decision. Give Tyrod until we’re eliminated. Allow us to draft our guy early. Not give us false hope with a mediocre back up. 

With TT you will be elemimated. If you believe hes a starter in this league I have some ocean front property in Utah to sell ya. If you were at any of the games this year you should clearly see how many receivers are open that he doesnt see and how his accuracy is pure garbage- see 87 when he broke his thumb as one example of many. 

Edited by billsfan_34
  • Like (+1) 3

17 minutes ago, The Avenger said:

No going back from this - Tyrod is done here. If Peterman plays due to injury or if the Bilsl are out of it then you can bring in a rookie and still go back to you vet as starter later - this is neither situation. This is a MAJOR decision.....

This is the best part of the whole- thing...it guarantees we are moving on from Tyrod for good

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

Keeping a guy who played like Tyrod did last week guerentees you fix NOTHNG. 

1 minute ago, xsoldier54 said:

Care to guess where Tom Brady was drafted?

I see one of two outcomes from this move, guys.

A. Nate Peterman becomes the next Tom Brady

B. Professional NFL defenses and coordinators eat the noodle arm rookie alive. 

Its possible that hes somewhere in-between, but I just don't think the guy has the arm for the NFL and that's why he sat til the late rounds like he did. 

3 minutes ago, NewEraBills said:

Maybe the plan was to start Peterman the whole time but he needed to get more acclimated to the Playbook.  He's had 11 weeks to digest the playbook

Well as soon as a coach has to say "Tyrod is the starter" it's already over.

Like Marshall and Michael were saying on gameday about coaches, if the players have to say "we stand behind the coach" it's already over for the coach.

Just now, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

We are still in this! Back on to being exited

Right!

• SDS pinned this topic
3 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

They were playing that D for Tyrod too in the second half and he still couldnt move the ball

Were they? That's pretty miserable, then. After their first two drives in the 3rd quarter I had to turn it off. Went to the mall instead, which is usually pretty slow on a football Sunday afternoon, but it seems many fans had the same idea because it was pretty packed and there were people in Bills gear everywhere haha.

I applaud McD for having the nads to make the switch. I've liked Tyrod since he became the starter but I know he's hit his ceiling. He can make some "wow" plays happen a few times a game, his escapability is second to none but they can't rely on him to do that every play. They know they need him to be able to stay in the pocket and make quick decisions and quick throws. Unfortunately his height is a main factor in his issues. He simply can't see the field well and unlike Brees and Wilson, he's hesitant to zip the ball through tight windows, which is how those guys have been so successful.

They must have really been seeing some good things in practice from him. In the camp practices I watched and the pre-season games, it's looked to me like Peterman has a bit of a quicker release and it seems like he throws with more anticipation. If you watch them run drills where they're practicing dropbacks simultaneously you'll see Peterman is usually first to get rid of the ball. Not by a ton, but it's noticeable. Maybe they've seen him throw guys open in practice and that's something Tyrod just doesn't do often enough. He has to see his man open before throwing it. And week after week I watch clips of the coaches film and there are always several plays where he does have receivers open in a tight window where he'd have to drop the ball over the CB but in front of the safety. He's done it before, so he's capable, he just doesn't do it consistently enough.

Either way, I'm intrigued. They better double team Bosa or it's gonna be a really crappy debut for Peterman.

14 minutes ago, BrooklynBills said:

Peterman is either pretty good and we still win the 4 games we need or he's terrible and we get in to the top 10 of draft. Either way is a win IMO.

Not going anywhere with Taylor. Cutting him could allow us to sign Matthews as well.

Sadly these are the best, but not the only options for the Bills. I believe the most likely is that the Bills win a few more games and end up 7-9, this cementing our place in the middle of the pack for the upteenth year in a row.....

25 minutes ago, Billznut said:

My god and now all the people on here who have to eat crow for ridiculing those of us who knew this needed to happen. This ought to be a fun day. I was losing all respect for McDermott. Shocked and thrilled he did the right thing to try and save the season. 

Couldn't agree with you more.  I was literally an hour ago telling a co-worker how McDermott was really starting to rub me the wrong way with his stubbornness, refusal to start Peterman, continuing to give Tolbert way too many carries...

Hey at least he got the big one right!!!!

Great day to be a Bills fan!!

Taylor got figured out by the Panthers.  It wasn't the Jets game that did Taylor in.  The Panthers di the rush 5 and keep him in the pocket first.  In every game this happened the offense was straight trash.  Panthers, Jets, Saints.  We're lucky others didn't take note or else we'd probably be sitting in a worse place record wise.

These guys have guts. Instead of doing the coach-y thing and appease the lockerroom and the player, McD pulled the cord properly and made the right decision. Knowing the massive limitations of TT to beat defense himself and what that would mean the rest of the way, he went with a move that better suits the future. Not saying by any stretch that NP is the guy, but this allows them to assess him, in a pressure situation, and give them some indication of how they will address the position in spring 2018. If he performs and gets better week to week, they can draft one a little later. If he bombs, one a little earlier.

Most critically, it seals the fate of TT here as they've made it clear they can't win with him. 

Best move this year.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, HuSeYiN_NYC said:

Love the move. I respect McDermott for making the change. I honestly didn't think he would.

There's only one thing I can guarantee. Peterman will throw more than 56 yards.

Even if the Peterman move doesn't work out, it at least shows me that our head coach isn't stubborn and is willing to make changes in ANY position who he feels is underperforming.

I respect the move McDermott. You have gained my respect once more.

Yup, probably in the first half, first quarter even......

He may even break 100.

Honestly though I have new optimism. It may blow up in our faces, but we are Bills fans and the unknown is generally all the excitement we get.