Nathan Peterman to Start this Week.

26CornerBlitz

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I don't like it but I hope that I am wrong!! He must be progressing if they are making this move. Hopefully he lights a spark and gets the W.

The way I see it getting a good evaluation of Peterman before the next draft might prevent Buffalo from having to reach for a signal caller If all goes well in my humble opinion Kirby.

3 minutes ago, unclepete said:

Dumb decision. Give Tyrod until we’re eliminated. Allow us to draft our guy early. Not give us false hope with a mediocre back up. 

We are not getting to playoffs the way we've been playing. Most likely, we are still not going to the playoffs, but I would rather see what Peterman has to offer while things are still competative than to see Tyrod continue to fail. Peterman very well my fail, but I am glad we will get to see what he can or cannot do.

1 minute ago, Chris66 said:

His quote was " I know people want the playoffs but I have to do what I think is best for the team. I didnt come here to win 5 games.

Exactly. He knows he can’t win anymore games with Tyrod. If he wants to get to 8,9,10 wins they needed to make a change. 

2 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Kirbs, they must have decided they know what they have in Tyrod - they know his floor (last Sunday) and his ceiling.  Time to find out for sure what they have in Nate, so that they can soberly design strategy for the QB position in the offseason.

This is exactly what they are doing. Beane has said many times that everything they do is about the present and the future. This move covers both.

I guess the goes to show you: always take what a head coach says in response to a question with a very large grain of salt.  "Tyrod is our starter."

If nothing else, this will be about the best indicator Buffalo could arrange to learn what they have in Nate Peterman.  From that standpoint, I'm excited.  If he does well, I'm assuming the change will be permanent, and if he does well through the remainder of the season, the notion of using a high draft pick on a QB next April will all but disappear.

I love that McDermott made this move. It shows huge guts.   Even though it's obviously the right move.

The last two weeks established that we more than likely will not make the playoffs with tyrod.   We may have a chance to make the playoffs with a functional passing game. Peterman at this point is the only hope for a functional passing game. Even if we miss the playoffs, there is no downside.  We have roughly half the season to evaluate whether Peterman quarterback the team moving forward, or whether we should spend our bevy of draft picks next year to acquire a quarterback. 

Edited by SectionC3

This is the ballziest move in team history AND I LOVE IT.

No mater how this works out guys................. this organization needs to move on from Taylor.

Painfully obvious Taylor is not an NFL and the Bills needed to move on from him, no matter what the option is behind Taylor.

This team was THAT BAD the last two weeks and needed this DRASTIC change.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Where’s 26 with the you’re an idiot because Tyrod is the starter? 

Right. Eerily quiet. And many others too. Just shows no one on here is all knowing, even when they think they are. Everyone’s opinion is the same. Hopefully lessons will be learned by everyone. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Tyrod Taylor era over. Looking forward to watching the rookie and then the new drafted QB in the draft

Peterman is either pretty good and we still win the 4 games we need or he's terrible and we get in to the top 10 of draft. Either way is a win IMO.

Not going anywhere with Taylor. Cutting him could allow us to sign Matthews as well.

Wow! Didn't expect this so soon, even after Taylor's game against NO.

But why announce this now? There's not much tape for LA to study, but still, I would have kept this close to the vest as long as possible. 

Unless this is just a way to please the fans, and he'll "start", just like Matt Cassel in week 1 of 2015.

Just now, njbuff said:

This is the ballziest move in team history AND I LOVE IT.

No mater how this works out guys................. this organization needs to move on from Taylor.

Painfully obvious Taylor is not an NFL and the Bills needed to move on from him, no matter what the option is behind Taylor.

This team was THAT BAD the last two weeks and needed this DRASTIC change.

I've been saying it all week. Starting Peterman is low risk, high reward. Love this move 

12 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

Not fibs. Wow. I'm surprised. Didn't think McD would be the kind of coach to make that type of change while they're still in the playoff race.

I can't imagine they'd make this decision based on his garbage time performance last week. That was against a soft defense, mainly backups, most QBs will look good against that. He must be making strides in practice. I also think they feel like he can execute the short passing game better to neutralize the rush.

They were playing that D for Tyrod too in the second half and he still couldnt move the ball

Tyrod can't run the offense, simple as that.  Peterman can.  He gets it out quick and to the receiver on time.  He doesn't have a great arm but at least he runs the play as called.  Tyrod is a superior athlete and does more than just throw but we need to get this offense back on track

Ha, I just got the news alert on my phone and let out a loud, audible "HOLY S#*T" in the middle of meeting prompting everyone to say "Are you OK, what's wrong!?"

Nothing is wrong people, everything is right - I'm just in shock :D:beer:

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Chris66 said:

He should have kept that info to himself until friday. Why gives the chargers a chance to prepare

news would have got out with Peterman taking first team reps in practice but I can see what you are saying.  maybe say you are unsure who your starter would be if the news leaked out and keep them guessing

11 minutes ago, unclepete said:

Dumb decision. Give Tyrod until we’re eliminated. Allow us to draft our guy early. Not give us false hope with a mediocre back up. 

The Bills were AWFUL the last two weeks and they needed to do a drastic move like this.

No matter how it works out................. I love the decision and I won't bash McDermott even if Peterman fails.