Nathan Peterman to Start this Week.

26CornerBlitz

3 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

I see this all the time after loses.  Kind of the anti Taylor sing song.  Fact is the guy scored points to the tune of 25ppg.  If you are calling crappy running plays and end up in 3rd and 7 or 3rd and 12 every time then it makes the passing game look much harder than it should be.  If Dennison wasn't so awful at getting the running game going any QB, Peterman included, would look like Jim Kelly all over again.  Until our coaches get their crap straight and get an effective game plan the passing will suffer.  Look at other teams.  They scheme guys open and the throws are easy.  People here are bitching because Taylor isn't throwing it into double coverage.  It shouldn't be so hard.

You're wrong about that. Both Romo and Barber pointed out several times where Tyrod either had man coverage or had an open guy in soft spots in the zone. He wouldn't throw it and they said " you just have to throw the ball there". It's Taylor more than anything else. It's easy to stop the run when you have no fear of the QB even throwing the football. 

2 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

I have no problem with that, but I knew from the jump that it's not what this staff will do. As soon as the OL coach changed and the scheme as well you knew that running game was gone. They got rid of the deep threat Watkins as well. They just weren't going to be running last years O. Dennison is not the creative type that Roman was. They simply saw Tyrod and a bridge QB and gave him a prove it deal to show he could be a pocket passer. But McD watched those films I'm sure. He also knows what kind of defensive scheme they will see with Taylor going forward. He simply doesn't believe Tyrod can beat anyone from the pocket. How do you stop teams from playing the DL that way unless Taylor shows he can beat it? The team was at a crossroads and starting Taylor was just going to yield a loss at this point. 

I don’t disagree but that just further illustrates my point. That’s coaching. You undid a bunch of things that worked and replaced them with your way of doing things. That’s not smart.

Wow....that was pretty quick.....this board is gonna explode from now up to game time...LOL.....okay, lets get this thing going and get a WC spot.....please more TD's than interceptions plus EVEN more IMPORTANTLY than this is FIX FIX FIX the friggin run D or all this will mean squat!

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

I don’t disagree but that just further illustrates my point. That’s coaching. You undid a bunch of things that worked and replaced them with your way of doing things. That’s not smart.

No, it's not smart. But it's what happened , and what often happens when you make a change at HC. It would have been good to keep the Roman offense and Kromer. Things might be different. 

1 minute ago, ProcessAccepted said:

Question for anyone who wanted Peterman to get the start. What are your predictions for his production at the Chargers? (Yards-Completions-TDs vs Ints)

Chargers have a good pass rush and some strong pieces in the secondary. They will also win TOP by a fair margain.

240 1td 2 picks

36 minutes ago, The Avenger said:

Sadly these are the best, but not the only options for the Bills. I believe the most likely is that the Bills win a few more games and end up 7-9, this cementing our place in the middle of the pack for the upteenth year in a row.....

And we’ll have a qb controversy because e’ll want to see if Peterman develops next year instead of starting a 1st round draft pick. Way to treat a team captain. 

12 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Wonder if this has to do with Anthony Lynn knowing Tyrod very well and what his flaws and weaknesses are...

VERY good point IMO - he doesn't know a thing about Nate...

please don't be jeff tuel please don't be jeff tuel please don't be jeff tuel please don't be jeff tuel please don't be jeff tuel please don't be jeff tuel please don't be jeff tuel please don't be jeff tuel please don't be jeff tuel please don't be jeff tuel please don't be jeff tuel please don't be jeff tuel please don't be jeff tuel please don't be jeff tuel please don't be jeff tuel please don't be jeff tuel please don't be jeff tuel please don't be jeff tuel please don't be jeff tuel please don't be jeff tuel please don't be jeff tuel please don't be jeff tuel please don't be jeff tuel please don't be jeff tuel please don't be jeff tuel please don't be jeff tuel please don't be jeff tuel please don't be jeff tuel please don't be jeff tuel please don't be jeff tuel 

• Haha (+1) 4

"Nate's come in, he's handled himself well. He handled himself well in the game the other day," McDermott said Wednesday. "He's poised, he's mature beyond his years, he's worked hard. ... The success that he's had to this point, he's ready. I wouldn't make this move if I didn't think he was ready."

"We are 5-4, I understand that. We're in the playoff hunt at this point," the coach said. "It is always and will forever, for the time that I'm here, it's about putting out the best team that we possibly can. We are made for more than 5-4."

McDermott continued: "This is about becoming better as a football team and see if this will make us a better team. As the decision-maker you have to be willing to take calculated risks to get to where we're trying to go. And I'm comfortable doing that."

I rewatched his game against Clemson and I'm going to watch it again tonight. This guy is a true competitor, gamer, gunslinger. I still have rookie expectations but I feel so much better about this game vs the Chargers.

The talent level of that Clemson team over Pitt was just rediculous. The major reason Pitt won was because of Peterman who looked like a QB possessed to get his team a victory.

Im hyped about this weeks game and a big shout out to McD for having big brass balls.

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

That's exactly it.

Here is an example. For my profession, I am a fitness professional who helps people with fat loss.

Every single one of my clients is different, and if I did the same thing for one client as I did the other, it simply would not work.

I have to have a different approach with every single person to get them towards their fat loss goals.

In this example? Dennison refused to do what worked best for Tyrod, and he is just sticking with a "One size fits all" type of deal. That is terrible coaching. 

Maybe his offence works with a prototypical pocket passer, but that's not who Tyrod is.  So until we find that person, he should have altered his stubborn approach

2 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

You're wrong about that. Both Romo and Barber pointed out several times where Tyrod either had man coverage or had an open guy in soft spots in the zone. He wouldn't throw it and they said " you just have to throw the ball there". It's Taylor more than anything else. It's easy to stop the run when you have no fear of the QB even throwing the football. 

They may have been right on several occaisons.  QB's will miss some throws and if there is a criticism of Taylor I get it's that he's too safe sometimes.  I still say that Dennison does an awful job of getting guys open long before it is on Taylor.  Peterman may well pull the trigger and have a little more success.  We might also see the defense play well and Peterman throw three picks trying to be "agressive"  and end up getting killed that way.  If Dennison isn't capable of using the talent of his players I have no problem with the move to Peterman.  It may well work to some extent.  That said a different 0C would have this team scoring points and running the ball down other teams throats.  We did it for two straight years.  We know it can be done.  If they are going to go "Rex" on the offense, might as well get started I suppose.

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

How are they made better for 5-4??? 

Your trading away every good player we have.

He has to say that.  They're turning the page on the next chapter while trying to keep the optimism for the current season alive.   Let's hope for the best.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

9 minutes ago, BobChalmers said:

Well for his sake let's hope he doesn't turn his benching into something racial - as he was recently with his critics.

What he said has been said for many years. I heard the same thing said over 20 yrs ago and I’m in my forties now.

9 minutes ago, ProcessAccepted said:

Question for anyone who wanted Peterman to get the start. What are your predictions for his production at the Chargers? (Yards-Completions-TDs vs Ints)

26/30 285 3tds 0int    shady 25-115  bills 31-17

Edited by billsredneck1

30 minutes ago, HuSeYiN_NYC said:

Hey I'm with you man. I don't think there's a Bills fan who actually studies football who actually thinks Dennison's offense is best suited for our players, but what we DO know is that Nate fits this system better than TT so for that reason alone, I'm excited to see the chains moving on offense once again.

Also to people who think Nate might fail. So what? It's the MOVE itself we should be excited about, not the QB. We finally have a coach who isn't stubborn and isn't afraid to put himself in front of the media for making tough decisions. A person with less heart and more stubborn would of stuck with TT after throwing 56 yards. It's simply unacceptable and I respect McDermott for making the move.

It sends a signal to the team saying, hey guys, this is your "job" and NOBODY is given anything. You gotta earn it.

Yeah that's just about exactly how I feel. It's nice to see all that talk of accountability wasn't just coachspeak.

1 hour ago, Billznut said:

My god and now all the people on here who have to eat crow for ridiculing those of us who knew this needed to happen. This ought to be a fun day. I was losing all respect for McDermott. Shocked and thrilled he did the right thing to try and save the season. 

I was in the exact same boat. Much respect to McD on this move knowing the team needs a spark.

1 minute ago, PastaJoe said:

The Carolina Castoff Mafia must have pressured McD.  Tolbert wants to catch passes downfield instead of dump offs.

LOL.  I can see Tolbert running a pattern next to Benjamin, but Benjamin continues the fly route while Tolbert breaks inside after 20 yards.  A bit of an exaggeration, but using Tolbert as a RB2 is a terrible decision.  They have to regret letting Gillislee go.

11 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I just ask the same question I asked earlier, “how were they leading the league in scoring through 16 weeks last year?” My answer would be, “do more of what you were doing then.”  You fit your scheme to your talent not the other way around. The Bills have failed miserably with that on offense and it’s shaping up to look the same on the other side of the ball. 

Yeah and they are also giving away a lot of downs on offense simply because of personnel decisions like mishandling the Gillislee situation and trading Watkins.    I wasn't a big Bob Woods fan but given their time together he and Tyrod had a good connection going by late 2016 so he REALLY got a raw deal with regard to his weapons this season.   Everyone knows Tyrod has limitations and McD really did a good job exposing them and making them a problem for himself when he could have had quite an offense to work with.

17 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Wonder if this has to do with Anthony Lynn knowing Tyrod very well and what his flaws and weaknesses are...

There's enough film on most players in the league to spot flaws and weaknesses...Saints had no problems figuring this out and Payton never coached Taylor

Dennison and Beane arent a good compliment to Tyrod.   His strength was TE and short rb throws, read option and then three or four times a game he throws long to our fast guys.

We dumped (or dont start) any fast WR's in exchange for taller dudes, so the long ball is gone from our offense.

We won our early game from several 50 plus yard fg's, and the last two from insane turnover ratios.  (Denver we won from a stupid call on Von).

Now that we've stalled, and released Worthy and Dareus, there's only one shot to save the season, and thats above average qb play.   

I agree with the move but would still have Tyrod in for some read option or wildcat stuff.

47 minutes ago, Lex Lyon said:

I see one of two outcomes from this move, guys.

A. Nate Peterman becomes the next Tom Brady

B. Professional NFL defenses and coordinators eat the noodle arm rookie alive. 

Its possible that hes somewhere in-between, but I just don't think the guy has the arm for the NFL and that's why he sat til the late rounds like he did. 

If Peterman has a noodle arm then what does Deshaun Watson have?

Peterman threw the ball 53 MPH at the combine, Watson threw it 49 MPH. 

2 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

That's exactly it.

Here is an example. For my profession, I am a fitness professional who helps people with fat loss.

Every single one of my clients is different, and if I did the same thing for one client as I did the other, it simply would not work.

I have to have a different approach with every single person to get them towards their fat loss goals.

In this example? Dennison refused to do what worked best for Tyrod, and he is just sticking with a "One size fits all" type of deal. That is terrible coaching. 

Maybe his offence works with a prototypical pocket passer, but that's not who Tyrod is.  So until we find that person, he should have altered his stubborn approach

What if they were looking beyond 17' and didn't want to cater to any players for short term gains in exchange for long term evaluations?

From the roster shuffle and the way the season has played out I believe this very much too be the case. 

i'm a TT fan, but i'm a bigger fan of rooting for a winning franchise and ending this drought. TT's last game was an eye opener. when you sign a player like Benjamin, you need a qb that will throw to him.

....or consistently throw in general.

1 minute ago, Happy Gilmore said:

LOL.  I can see Tolbert running a pattern next to Benjamin, but Benjamin continues the fly route while Tolbert breaks inside after 20 yards.  A bit of an exaggeration, but using Tolbert as a RB2 is a terrible decision.  They have to regret letting Gillislee go.

Gillislee is a healthy scratch on a  good team.