Bills kicking tires on a 1 year deal for Fred Jackson...FWIW

Just was told this while discussing various things...nothing certain yet just that he is on their radar for a potential reunion...they still think he has some "juice" left. FYI FWIW...

Edited by matter2003

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love this...he may not even make the team but at least this would satisfy his need to know if he could make it. He can't be much worse than Reggie Bush..

and that's a reason to sign him?

Interesting - I can see why it would be discussed. Not sure it will actually happen though

I'm not either but my friend said his source specifically told this to him in his conversations with him...

I would love this...he may not even make the team but at least this would satisfy his need to know if he could make it. He can't be much worse than Reggie Bush..

I gained more yards last year than Reggie Bush.

Maybe they are just doing this out of respect, with no real intent of him making the team. It seems like they are already kind of deep at the position. We all know, Pegula is pretty sentimental...give Freddie a small, but decent, final paycheck, to thank him for getting us through some dark times...I really can't see him making the final roster...he looked noticeably slower in Seattle.

The offense would suit him well since he is an excellent receiver and great at picking holes. Given what's behind JW, why not.

do you recall seeing Jackson a step or 2 slow in his last years? Was

Edited by nucci

Fred might think he has some "juice" left but we don't.

We may consider a 1 day contract to retire as a Bill. Retiring his jersey is out of the question.

This is False.

Imo

Maybe they are just doing this out of respect, with no real intent of him making the team. It seems like they are already kind of deep at the position. We all know, Pegula is pretty sentimental...give Freddie a small, but decent, final paycheck, to thank him for getting us through some dark times...I really can't see him making the final roster...he looked noticeably slower in Seattle.

I'm not weighing in on Fred or Not-To-Fred, only with the bolded comment here..

how exactly are we deep at the position? We have Shady, JWill and then nothing, correct?? A bunch of FB's that I dont think we want to be a change of pace back OR a feature back (if injury)

If they put Fred through a workout and he shows them something I wouldn't be against a 1 yr min Vet deal. Fred is a leader and would be a welcome presence in the locker room.

unfortunately the game is played on the field. A locker room presence means nothing if the guy can't play. Make him an assistant coach then but last I watched him play he looked slow and couldn't make tacklers miss

unfortunately the game is played on the field. A locker room presence means nothing if the guy can't play. Make him an assistant coach then but last I watched him play he looked slow and couldn't make tacklers miss

3rd down back, great in pass protection, good hands/dump off target

I love the idea of bringing FJ back :thumbsup:

Edited by Figster