Bills kicking tires on a 1 year deal for Fred Jackson...FWIW

Looked like he still had something in the tank that preseason in 2015 when we cut him. He battled injuries in Seattle so maybe the time off has helped.

https://youtu.be/zWYv3pwO6Q0

Again this rumor may not even be true but if he can stil go and he proves his worth to the team. I see no downside in giving him a shot because give me a guy like Fred Jackson he has what it takes.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could see him signing some sort of minimum contract to give it a shot... if he makes the team, awesome, if he doesn't, retires as a Bill.

This. and I would 100% support the move. I also think Fred is probably done... but people have been writing Freddie Jackson off his whole career. He has always proved them wrong.

My favourite Bill of my time as a fan.

This. and I would 100% support the move. I also think Fred is probably done... but people have been writing Freddie Jackson off his whole career. He has always proved them wrong.

The common theme among his critics is that he's 36 years old. While I can't argue that age catches up with everyone, it's not like Fred was playing non-stop or was a feature back since he was in his early 20s. He might still have something left in the tank.

Bring him in for his work ethic, if nothing else. That alone should rub off on the rest of the team and the younger players. Yes, I'm biased (I have his jersey and he's been my favorite Bill over the past 5-6 years), but unless he's significantly worse than everyone else, I think it's worth giving him a shot.

Edited by BuffaloWings

No, just a bunch of man crush stuff. Never seen anything like it. Hmnnn.

I don't mind saying I have tingles for Fred Jackson. Few people played for this team with such heart and determination and desire to win for the fanbase. Fred got every ounce of production out of his talent. I'll always have huge love and respect for him.

I really thought we were going to draft a RB or sign an UDFA. Neither of those happened. I am puzzled by Beane's desire to add yet another veteran RB to this group when we should be looking for a reliable backup to Shady knowing Shady's injury history. There's a good chance we will pick up one in the pre-season so I wait for that move. But Fred is NOT that answer.

I don't mind saying I have tingles for Fred Jackson. Few people played for this team with such heart and determination and desire to win for the fanbase. Fred got every ounce of production out of his talent. I'll always have huge love and respect for him.

Kyle Williams also.

I really thought we were going to draft a RB or sign an UDFA. Neither of those happened. I am puzzled by Beane's desire to add yet another veteran RB to this group when we should be looking for a reliable backup to Shady knowing Shady's injury history. There's a good chance we will pick up one in the pre-season so I wait for that move. But Fred is NOT that answer.

That RB from Buffalo was a UDFA, right?

100% fine bringing him in on the veteran minimum.

I don't think he will make the team, but if it means he can transition to a coaching role and mend fences with the team, I am fine with it. I'd be quite surprised if he has something left in the tank... but he's proven people wrong before. The worst case scenario is that he brings a little veteran leadership to the locker room.

Wow. Your hate still burns inside. It's weird dude.

Weird.ha. I`m not the one who thinks he is a quality rb in the nfl. CLueless. And no ,I don`t hate or dis-like Freddy. I just think he stayed around too long. His legs were dead the last few years. He`s DONE . Everybody gets old.

Weird.ha. I`m not the one who thinks he is a quality rb in the nfl. CLueless. And no ,I don`t hate or dis-like Freddy. I just think he stayed around too long. His legs were dead the last few years. He`s DONE . Everybody gets old.

See it was the 5,479,362,419 posts spewing negativity about Freddy that fooled me.

Demostrating preparation as only a skilled veteran can... Fred's a quality leader and morale booster... He BELONGS in our locker room.

Fred is one of my favorite all time Bills, and not that it's his fault, but his locker room leadership didn't get us in the playoffs. It takes more than locker room talk.

That's not entirely true. At the beginning of his career he was a longshot, but he was an established top end RB for most of his career.

Take a look back at 2011- Fred played 9 full games, got hurt in the Giants game and also got hurt in week 10. Missed the rest of the season. If he stayed healthy, probably looking at 1500 yards rushing, 700 receiving... He was the MVP when he got hurt.

Take a look back at 2011- Fred played 9 full games, got hurt in the Giants game and also got hurt in week 10. Missed the rest of the season. If he stayed healthy, probably looking at 1500 yards rushing, 700 receiving... He was the MVP when he got hurt.

And so many of his yards were yards after contact. The line wasn't very good back then. Fred was a beast in his prime.

But, sadly, that prime is long past.

Edited by hondo in seattle

Take a look back at 1990. Jim Kelly was unstoppable. Why haven't they looked at re-signing him at QB? I mean, let's see what he's got in camp?

You guys are unbelievable. FredEx is DONE and using a roster spot for him is a complete waste of time.

As Bills fans we really need to stop with the sentimental hall-of-fame recollections of decent players who played on bad football teams.

Take a look back at 1990. Jim Kelly was unstoppable. Why haven't they looked at re-signing him at QB? I mean, let's see what he's got in camp?

You guys are unbelievable. FredEx is DONE and using a roster spot for him is a complete waste of time.

As Bills fans we really need to stop with the sentimental hall-of-fame recollections of decent players who played on bad football teams.

I don't think this post says that. it was a response to another poster

Eh, give him the vet min. with no guarantees and see what he looks like in TC. If he doesn't have it then cut him loose. I always liked Fred and hoped he would retire a member of the Bills.

Eh, give him the vet min. with no guarantees and see what he looks like in TC. If he doesn't have it then cut him loose. I always liked Fred and hoped he would retire a member of the Bills.

Vet minimum for Fred is over million, isn't it?

My post was to reflect on a great season by Fred, no where did I state that we should sign him. Chill.

My post was to reflect on a great season by Fred, no where did I state that we should sign him. Chill.

I quoted your post but my response was not necessarily directed at you. Note I said "you guys"...anyway, the point still stands.