Bills kicking tires on a 1 year deal for Fred Jackson...FWIW

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see why this isn't a good idea. Fred's year in Seattle, he only played in 4 games before a high ankle sprain ended his season. He carried 26 for 100 yds (3.8avg) and caught 32/257 2TD's in essentially 3 games (only 2 catches yds and a TD week 2). That'll work. He's not getting the full load so for what he brings to the table, production, leadership, blitz pick-up, hands and work ethic, the minimum for him would be a steal IMO. It's a net positive.

unfortunately the game is played on the field. A locker room presence means nothing if the guy can't play. Make him an assistant coach then but last I watched him play he looked slow and couldn't make tacklers miss

I mean he still would have to compete this summer and if he doesn't make the 53 so be it. Then we can let him retire a Bill like he should be. However, I don't see the harm in letting him come in and compete for a spot. The only person with his spot set is McCoy otherwise every other rb role is open for competition.

Edited by billieve420

I would love this...he may not even make the team but at least this would satisfy his need to know if he could make it. He can't be much worse than Reggie Bush..

No one has been as bad as Reggie Bush in what, 60 years? Net negative rushing is tough to top.

But FJax and Tolbert have to be about equally washed up, IMO. Loved them both in their primes......both of their impacts far surpassed their yards per carry/touch which is not nearly as common to see as it once was.........but it wouldn't take much to unseat either of them at this point........and that would give them a good shot because after McCoy and Jon Wiliams......there is not much.

Edited by #BADOL

Jackson's tank has been empty for the better part of 3 years. Holding on to some archaic idea that he can be the same Fred-ex when he was delivering in Buffalo 5 years ago is just that. Regardless, I don't care if they sign him or not. We know he's always been good for the locker room and the team. He's the prototypical "team first" player. His role, even in the event of a McCoy injury, would be limited.

YES BYE BYE JONATHAN BUST WILLIAMS

Bust? I have a 4.0 College GPA and I am becoming concerned that coming on this site will make me less intelligent. Is stupidity contagious. How do you even come to this conclusion.

Edited by manbeast

How's that "Jump to Conclusions" mat coming along? Any investors?

Hey....the man made a million dollars on the pet rock. How could this possibly go wrong?

There's no way this can be real, in today's Bills organization. Unless he goes all OJ Anderson and shreds in the Super Bowl and we win.........

Bust? I have a 4.0 College GPA and I am becoming concerned that coming on this site will make me less intelligent. Is stupidity contagious. How do you even come to this conclusion.

If the "college" that gave you a 4.0 didn't teach you how to use question marks, I'm not sure you have anything to worry about. No reason to put a coat on if you're already wet.

Edited by jmc12290

If the "college" that gave you a 4.0 didn't teach you how to use question marks, I'm not sure you have anything to worry about. No reason to put a coat on if you're already wet.

you seem to have an obsession with grammar/punctuation's and the like. does it hurt your eyes? maybe it puts a little damper in your day?

how about this. you really think anyone really cares or needs your advice?

I think not, so why don't you just take yourself back to your little classroom and teach your pupils somewhere where it matters, in your own head.

Looking backwards never helps you move forwards.....but he is my most beloved Bill since the SB era.

without the past, there would be no future. the man knows more then some message board fans who believe they somehow do. he wants to play, they want to bring him, it will be their decision as to whether he can contribute or not...

He's 36 years old. He was shot when he left. Seattle signed him to make Marshawn happy during a turbulent time. He further proved he had nothing left in the tank there and they let his 1 year contract end without renewing.

Let it go people. Only way he's signing here is a 1 day deal to retire.

you seem to have an obsession with grammar/punctuation's and the like. does it hurt your eyes? maybe it puts a little damper in your day?

I think not, so why don't you just take yourself back to your little classroom and teach your pupils somewhere where it matters, in your own head.

One post counts as an obsession?

I'd say it's more likely you have an obsession with the italics function.

I don't think there's a shot he would make the roster (J Will would really suck if he did), but it would great PR and good leadership to bring him to camp.

Only in sports would 36 make you look like an old timer.

Especially as a RB. He would be one of the oldest rbs I can remember.

I don't see anything wrong with giving him the same shot as the other backup running backs on the roster. If he doesn't have it anymore, maybe Buffalo can give him some type of coaching role.

The only downside is you have to cut a guy who may have a more realistic shot at making the team. But yeah, it seems pretty no risk.

Your ability to type in the English language is as suspect as your 4.0 GPA and F.Jax's playing again in Buffalo.

Besides the punctuation mentioned earlier, we can add capitalization and general lack of sentence structure to the list.

If he can prove he's as good as Jonathan Williams, then I'd consider it. Right now one of Eric Wood or Tyrod Taylor is probably the leader of the offense. Having Fred Jackson's leadership - again only if he is as good as Williams - could be invaluable. Similarly, while Kyle Williams is still pretty good and not too much younger, his leadership on this defense will continue to be invaluable. It is known that McDermott values accountability.

EDIT: But if we're going to sign an aging running back, then it should probably be DeAngelo Williams.

Edited by JohnBonhamRocks