Live 2024 NFL Draft thread - Round 1 (Do NOT tip the Bills pick)

Simon

3 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

NFC North looking like an ascendant division. Det and GB already are legit. Minn was okay moving on from their franchise QB, which is rare. Chi has added MAJOR pieces in the offseason.

Just disagreeing in the word "scary". As you note, they are likely at minimum the 3rd best team in their division (similar to last year)

Edited by buffblue
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, HappyDays said:

I'm hoping Brian Thomas Jr gets drafted soon. I have a bad feeling that Beane will trade up for him if he drops far enough, and that's the one WR move I would be disappointed with.

hes going to be the best of these guys

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

JJ McCarthy was my 84th overall player. I'm pretty much certain that is the lowest ranked player on my board who will go tonight. 

This draft is not a good enough QB class to be the first to ever have 5 QBs in the top 10 IMO. I feel like there were a few years in the early 2010s where people started chasing at QB and the Ponders and Gabberts and Tannehills started being top 10 picks. And then it settled down bit, sure teams still missed on guys but the number of "that's just too early" type picks at QB reduced. I feel like we may be entering another QB chasing era. 

Broncos and Nix could be next too. Crazy.

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Stads said:

It's very superstitious 

Writing on the wall…

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

The Raiders must be pissed. They are stuck. I think Denver now takes Nix (who also kind of sucks). I have no idea what the Raiders do.

Trade for kirk! 

😂

I am so confused by this pick. What the heck are they doing. 

Penix is about to turn 24. With that contract Kirk is guaranteed to the be their at least 2 years. 

What a stupid franchise. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, SirAndrew said:

I don’t get it all. If the Jets were going to take McCarthy, they wouldn’t have agreed to the trade. Therefore no reason to trade. Whoever was responsible for that clearly failed critical thinking. 

The Jets likely had an offer from another team that wanted a QB.  Jets tell Vikings they will make that trade unless Vikings beat it.  Makes perfect sense.  

• Agree 1

Just now, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

He looks really bad. Musta run out of adrenochrome 

Had back surgery like 4 days ago… 🤷‍♂️

Just now, GoBills808 said:

hes going to be the best of these guys

I'm in the minority opinion on him. I see possibly a really good WR2. I don't see a WR1. Of course if we take him I'll get myself excited about the traits, just not the direction I would go.

Just now, Bookie Man said:

Harbaugh thinks JJ is going to better than Tom Brady?? haha did I hear that right?

First round pick vs a 6th round pick 

no brainer 

Just now, Process said:

I am so confused by this pick. What the heck are they doing. 

Penix is about to turn 24. With that contract Kirk is guaranteed to the be their at least 2 years. 

What a stupid franchise. 

That is just wild.

Wish they were in the AFC East.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bills Juggernaut said:

Someone needs to step in for Roger. He's starting to slur his words. 

I think that big dude really messed him up when you bear hug him and picked him up he had to go in the back and do something to numb the pain LOL

1 minute ago, BRH said:

McCarthy and Darnold both have the same Lego person face.  And now they're teammates.

I call that jock-face. Ryan Tannehill is also a sufferer. It’s similar to jock itch 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The Raiders must be pissed. They are stuck. I think Denver now takes Nix (who also kind of sucks). I have no idea what the Raiders do.

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

Trade for kirk! 

😂

Aww man @NoSaint beat me to the joke! Lol

7 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

It’s becoming very predictable.., they don’t even bother taking defensive players anymore early 

In a league that literally is banning tackling, why would you?

Which is why it will EXTRA suck if we do.

• Like (+1) 1

While I hate that the Jets get 2 mid round picks to move down one spot and still get the guy they wanted, I am still very happy they didn't have a chance to get Odunze.  I will never fear a lineman.  While they are certainly important, I am surprised they didn't go with the TE.

Edited by sven233
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Turbo44 said:

I think it’s too early for him but don’t be surprised if it’s Franklin at 28. They spent more time with him than any other prospect. Would like to see a trade down and pick up a 3rd and pick Franklin in rd 2

We spent ALOT of time with Worthy, Coleman,  and teammates at Texas & FSU.

We shall see. I know the Franklin hype has been popular, but people forget how good Coleman was and obviously Worthy

4 minutes ago, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

Those of you not upset we didn’t trade up or trade for a #1 yet. Chiefs are going to also get a WR tonight. We aren’t gonna pass them 

That's the spirit.

• Haha (+1) 1