Live 2024 NFL Draft thread - Round 1 (Do NOT tip the Bills pick)

Simon

Just now, RyanC883 said:

won’t other teams ignore the non-specific rumors? 

depends - are you 100% confident in your work on him?

or maybe only 85% and could make for a challenging call if you have him even with someone else?

Just now, The Jokeman said:

Do you watch NFL? Most WRs don't go full effort on all plays, especially if a run is called. 

What about on the pass plays where they're part of the progression?

Just now, HappyDays said:

I don't know who won the draft but the Vikings pretty clearly lost it IMO.

Good news for us though. Their 2nd round pick next year could be pretty high.

I've done this a few times in mock drafts out of a mixture of boredom and nihilistic understanding that the mock doesn't matter AT ALL, yet I was still compelled to overpay for NOW moves. Kind of a paradoxical tension there.

2 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

worthy is going to miami right?

Twitter rumors said they were trying to get Bowers the TE, so Worthy to Miami seems like it has to be the next move for them

1 minute ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

It doesn’t seem like teams ahead of us need a wr but what about Detroit or KC jumping up?

That's the danger.

He's just got to read the river right.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Richard Noggin said:

Unless one of those two is who the team is targeting. Then they have to START the WR run, rather than react to it. 

BTJ and Worthy will be a Buffalo Bill if they are on the board imo. Its just not necessary to race up and do it just to do it. The WR crop is really deep just sit and relax. It'd be different if they were the last two guys worth taking but their not.

Pittsburgh isn't taking a WR

Miami could but unlikely

Philly No

Jax Possibly

Dallas Possibly

Green Bay No

Tampa No

Arizona No

There are really only 2 teams who could take a WR between us. If someone jumps they jump but I don't think they are going to move up more than a couple spots.

Just now, DapperCam said:

I’m not really going to understand a CB pick unless we are viewing Douglas as a short term player, or kicking someone who is currently a CB to S.

The Bills argument would be that they just lost their #1 CB in Tre White and desperately need another one or we're totally doomed. 

• Sad 1

Just now, The Jokeman said:

Samuels and Shakir be our motion guys. 

Maybe the goal is to have ANY WR on the field a threat to be lined up anywhere and to be potentially be motioned. That kind of interchangeability WAS a founding principle of early E-P passing concepts. Interchangeability. TEs and RBs included, ideally. 

Just now, Brandon said:

The Bills argument would be that they just lost their #1 CB in Tre White and desperately need another one or we're totally doomed. 

Rasul played better than White. We have our #1, granted his contract over after this season but can't see us passing a top end X WR.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, sven233 said:

3 out of the next 4 teams could be WR.  Big stretch here.  Steelers could absolutely take one, even though they could use a CB and C.  The Dolphins absolutely could because they are the freaking Dolphins and just want to create a track team even though they have question marks all over the defense.  The Eagles won't take one, but Jax will for sure.  If we have a guy we want, trading with the Eagles is probably the only option here.

Steelers aren’t taking one, Miami’s entire front office should be fired if they do, and Jags are gonna take one of these corners people thought would be gone.  Dallas might take Worthy, but probably goes OL.

Eagles badly need a corner, I doubt they trade now even though I mocked us trading up with Eagles 

1 minute ago, Brandon said:

He was replaced by a better player.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Richard Noggin said:

Maybe the goal is to have ANY WR on the field a threat to be lined up anywhere and to be potentially be motioned. That kind of interchangeability WAS a founding principle of early E-P passing concepts. Interchangeability. TEs and RBs included, ideally. 

That's the idea.  

• Like (+1) 1

In no order, here are 10 of the top players left for me. We will have a pick from one of these guys

• Chop Robinson
  • Quinyon Mitchell
  • Johnny Newton
  • BTJ
  • Nate Wiggins
  • Koolaid
  • Cooper DeJean
  • Xavier Leggette
  • AD Mitchell
  • Worthy
  • Like (+1) 1

Im starting to get nervous here.  Starting to get into trade-up for BTJ and if not, I sure hope we have a partner to trade down.  These CBs and Safeties just aint doing it for me.  Lots of other good WR options in round 2.

4 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

We already have Samuel, Shakir, and even Kincaid for the screens IMO. Worthy would give us a deep threat that we're currently lacking for sure. Not a fan of him as a prospect personally but in a perfect world, he'll be very dangerous down the field.

We need a wr, period. Idk why you would wanna pass on a WR who ran the fastest 40 yard dash, and settle for running screens to those 3 guys. Look up their 40 times it’s not even close. I’d kill for worthy at this point and I’d trade up for him. 

• Dislike 1

Just now, Meatloaf63 said:

He was replaced by a better player.

I agree.  I'm just saying that's how they would justify it.  In reality,  its because they can't help themselves.