Pegulas selling 25% of the Bills, per Tim Graham

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

I don't mean that. I mean having people hate you if the team is bad.

Promo... and he seems like the type of person that would really be bothered by that. I doubt theres no one that wants the Sabres to win more than him

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I don't mean that. I mean having people hate you if the team is bad.

I rest my case

You don’t make a couple billion dollars without being okay with folks being mad at you.

Its difficult to grasp, but the Pegulas were viewed as saviors when they bought the Bills and luckily for them, the Bills have experienced their most success in 30 years.

The Sabres have been a total disaster.

PSE has been a total disaster.

They bet on a Buffalo revitalization, and lost. I doubt Pegula is sad. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Why would anyone want to pay $925 million dollars (and probably be asked to help with finances for the team) and have no say in anything?

Because it's a great investment and gets your foot in the door to gain controlling interest of a team in the future?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Because it's a great investment and gets your foot in the door to gain controlling interest of a team in the future?

Yes, indeed.  Getting 25% of the annual profits, plus 25% of the sale of the team in the future is a great investment. :thumbsup:  I'd do it, but my wife has other ideas for our retirement funds....

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Behindenemylines said:

If we all kick 100% of our cash we got 5%.  Know anybody to cover the the other 20%?  We’re good for it, riiiiggghhhtt?

5% of $3 Billion is $150 mil....

mark me down as skeptical this collective forum has that cash

5 hours ago, Back2Buff said:

Makes zero sense to me.  Can't believe the Pegula's have money issues.

Doubt they do...his net worth has increased 3 BILLION in the time he has owned the team.

33 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Where's the illogic?

I'm just saying owning a team means people are going to come at you. Who wants that?

11 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Everyone hates everyone when the team is bad. 😂

Exactly. Why would you buy that grief?

51 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

100% of my cash will leave you negative. Not sure about everyone else.

I love it!  Think of all the taxes we are saving with your loss.  We need more of them to break even. I got this accounting stuff down!  Just send your cash to Behindenemylines.  I’ll take gooood care of it.  

2 hours ago, Draconator said:

I have thousands of Hens and Kelley green stamp books, all full of green stamps. That has to count for something

I happen to have a stack of Mallo Cup points cards. Been saving for a t-shirt, but 25% of the Bills will do.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

• Simon pinned this topic
5 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Why would anyone want to pay $925 million dollars (and probably be asked to help with finances for the team) and have no say in anything?

Because you get invited into a really exclusive group and it puts you at the front of a very short line to get the chance to be a majority owner in the future. Jimmy Haslam was a minority owner of the Steelers before he was allowed to buy the Browns.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, Back2Buff said:

Makes zero sense to me.  Can't believe the Pegula's have money issues.

It could be more to do about Kim  & their family than it is actually the Bills or Sabres .

You only go through life once & he has been blessed to be  a NFL team owner but his wife & partner has had a life changing health problem, being there with her should be more of a priority at this point & time in their lives than being engulfed in the activities of owning & operating a NFL franchise every day .

Kim is his first love & i'm sure the Bills are a close second or third . I may be completely off base but this could be something to consider with a move such as this . 

• Like (+1) 5

So do I get to choose what 25% I own?

I'll take 25% of the suites & club seats, the QB position, the DBs coach, the 17 yard line to the 42 yard line (south endzone), at least 2 concession booths, 25% of each pee trough, the entire parking lot, and I get full control of all round 3 & 4 draft picks for life.

Oh, and only I can make Doug Marrone jokes.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, T master said:

It could be more to do about Kim  & their family than it is actually the Bills or Sabres .

You only go through life once & he has been blessed to be  a NFL team owner but his wife & partner has had a life changing health problem, being there with her should be more of a priority at this point & time in their lives than being engulfed in the activities of owning & operating a NFL franchise every day .

Kim is his first love & i'm sure the Bills are a close second or third . I may be completely off base but this could be something to consider with a move such as this . 

Terry peg was 20 years old when Kim was born 

I highly doubt she was his first love.. more like I'm 45 and see a hot 25-year-old and I'm rich so why not see what happens 

Terry was basically 40 when she became legal aged... Terry did what a lot of millionaires do and married a much younger woman

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Yep. And Josh Allen and company is brokering the deal.

That is pretty funny with the name of the broker.  I wonder if Diggs is part of the Company?

11 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

The Bills were last valued at 3.7 Billion dollars so we only need to come up with 925 million 

They should sell shares (like Green Bay) for like $100.  The us Bills fans just need to buy 9.25M shares.  Easy peasey.

💸 💵 💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰

• Disagree 1

15 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

What? The team has had a grand total of TWO owners in 65 years and the first Owner is dead! It’s hardly been a revolving door. 

let promo yell at the fans...

15 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Because it is the only zero risk investment on the planet.  It has a guaranteed annual return and a guaranteed appreciation.  Who cares about about having a say?--you get a sweet owners box experience.  you are IN the club...

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JimBob2232 said:

So in short - Pegula bought the bills for 1.4B.  They are now worth 3.7B (per Forbes).  He sells 25% for $1B.  So basically he will own 75% of the bills for $400M.  Not shabby!

and not have to pay for the new stadium