Diggs traded to Texans for picks

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

I know I’m just kidding.

I am shocked they pulled this trigger. 

Ha all good.  I mean the cap hit on this gross, really surprised they did pulled the trigger this year, it makes me wonder if something happened behind the scenes that is gonna come out after the fact.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

The guy is the best WR the Bills ever had. Thanks for this. McDermott better win this thing basically now or I don’t want to keep running this ***** back.

Top 5 for sure.

• Agree 1

Just now, KDIGGZ said:

A 2nd in 2025? Is that right? That's equivalent to a 3rd this year. Ouch we got fleeced!

With two 2nd's next year, a high pick from next year is being used this year... I believe that to be the calculus.

We currently have Shakir and Samuel... We're getting two WR's in the Top 100 picks this year. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, SCBills said:

With two 2nd's next year, a high pick from next year is being used this year... I believe that to be the calculus.

We currently have Shakir and Samuel... We're getting two WR's in the Top 100 picks this year. 

I hope you are right. Why do I feel like we are getting a bad DE and a 4th round WR?

Was he toxic behind the scenes? I was sick of his passive-aggressive BS but I'm a Gen Xer who is sick of all social media anyway so wtf do I know (obligatory get off my lawn). And yes, I was thrilled for trading for him when it first happened, despite all of this being his MO.

Guess the brain trust is all in on eat our medicine now to set ourselves up for later. Just shocked it came to this considering the dead cap from Diggs' trade and already needing a #2, and now needing a #1.

• Like (+1) 3

Idk what happened or when but Josh and Diggs seamed off.  Allen’s play the last few years has been better throwing to the open guy instead of force feeding Diggs.   Wish him the best he was a great player for us. 

13 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

What a joke. The best receiver we’ve had in 20 years and away he goes. Pathetic. Looks like more of a step back this season than I thought. 

Or you could expand your thought process and think long term.  

I think this means they are totally ready to give up their first round pick next year to move up this year and get the receiver they want. Having Minnesota’s second rounder, would make them more willing to do this.

Young wide receivers are stepping right in and becoming superstars pretty quickly these days.

They gave up a first to get him, had several years of great production, and get a second rounder in return after all of that. On paper, it’s not awful, but they sure as hell better fill that spot, proper, or they’re wasting a year of Josh. 

• Agree 2

A 2025 2nd round pick! 

Beane got had.

This is all to placate McD's fragile ego. 

This is really stupid move for this year.

Only way Beane recovers from this is to mortgage multiple picks to move up and get one of the top 3 WR. 

Sad sad day when you chose the loser HC over the guy that was the heart and soul of the team for years. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 8
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Dislike 3

4 minutes ago, Mango said:

Guys, can't be real. His contract is not tradable. 

we need DATA and what has actually occurred here.  I thought the same as you regarding his contract. We were basically "stuck with him" I thought due to his contract  and potential cap hit

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Einstein said:

@GunnerBill - I told you that where there is smoke, there is fire.

I wasn't saying there was no general smoke. I was saying I didn't think there was smoke based on what that reporter was saying given he had just got 2 major shouts wrong in free agency that same week. But maybe he did know something on this one. Although I suspect he was somewhat just spitballing.

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Some people owe me an apology.

Despite an entire year of saying "Diggs costs $3M more off the roster than he does on" it is hard to believe that there were still people going "tHirTy OnE MiLliOn DoLlArS". 

He was always tradable, the restructure put the cap risk on Buffalo. If Diggs is "meh" and not worth $18M AAV after this year (or any year) they can move on with basically zero cap implication. 

• Like (+1) 1