Bills sign Nicholas Morrow

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

5-7 snaps occasionally?

I don’t know the exact numbers, but I also suspect they’ll be higher in 2024 than they were in 2023. 

It isn’t a question that we use a 3rd LB though, not all the time. If I recall, we used one more the second half of the season. 

If ya want, go back and watch him vs the Bills. He was awful. Late hit on Allen, then he called out Josh saying he’s a crybaby or something. Then he had a cheap shot on Diggs. He was also the guy 5 yards behind Cook on the pass he dropped. This is a nothing, nobody signing. 

Bills sign Klein or Mata - great moves they know the system and are McD guys. Better than what else you can get on the market.

Bills sign scrub #1 - great move and better than Klein and Mata. Those guys are awful and should not be in the league. 

• Haha (+1) 3

20 minutes ago, JMM said:

Yikes, looking at the replies on Twitter the Philly fans are literally laughing at this signing. All I know is that the LB and secondary were trash for them last year 

The home team is almost always harder on a player then what others see in him. He's actually got some good numbers.

1 minute ago, MrEpsYtown said:

If ya want, go back and watch him vs the Bills. He was awful. Late hit on Allen, then he called out Josh saying he’s a crybaby or something. Then he had a cheap shot on Diggs. He was also the guy 5 yards behind Cook on the pass he dropped. This is a nothing, nobody signing. 

Because he sucked vs us? 

I get this isn’t prime Bobby Wagner, but come on. 

Y’all are mad because we signed a cheap, athletic, proven solid LB lol 

This MB is wild. 

20 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

He’s got to be better than AJ Klein, right?

Yes he's better than Klein. This is probably a cheap depth replacement for Dodson.  Last season...3 sacks, 95 tackles, 12 TFL's, 5 qb hits. I can live with this guy backing up Matt & Terrell.  Just don't call Klein ever again.

• Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

His stat line is pretty dang good and is a plus athlete 

95 tackles

12 TFL

3 Sacks

5 PBUs

5% missed tackle

65% completion percentage (Not bad for a LB) 

Good 3rd LB/Sam

I mean 12 TFL seems really high. Good depth

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Morrow ran a 4.54 or something like that…

And AJ Klein ran a 4.66. The difference is unnoticeable to the untrained eye unless side by side. A 10th of a second. 

besides, what’s the point of your post? The both suck and neither are good enough to cover Travis Kelce. My argument was that we can say this won’t be starting, until he is because someone gets hurt again. Which always seems to be the case with us. 

12 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

I don’t know the exact numbers, but I also suspect they’ll be higher in 2024 than they were in 2023. 

It isn’t a question that we use a 3rd LB though, not all the time. If I recall, we used one more the second half of the season. 

We had a ton of injuries which forced the Bills to do different things. The Bills aren’t taking any of Taron Johnson, Milano, or Bernard off the field for anyone.

Maybe on 4th and inches Johnson would come off.

He signed a vet minimum contract with the Eagles last year.  Was released and then signed to their PS.

Was signed to the 53 a week later.  I expect the same here in Buffalo.  

It's a guy who will fight for a depth LB spot.  I don't see a problem.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, mrags said:

And AJ Klein ran a 4.66. The difference is unnoticeable to the untrained eye unless side by side. A 10th of a second. 

besides, what’s the point of your post? The both suck and neither are good enough to cover Travis Kelce. My argument was that we can say this won’t be starting, until he is because someone gets hurt again. Which always seems to be the case with us. 

Whats the point of yours? Just repeating “he sucks” with no context or data that supports your claims.

Most backup LBs can’t cover Kelce. Hell, we have one of the best coverage LBers in the league in Matt Milano and HE can’t even cover Kelce. 

I’m looking at this from the ‘replace Tyrel Dodson’ perspective, where this is a good pickup for that role. A dude who can play MLB in a pinch and come in when we need that 3rd LB. 

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Bills sign Klein or Mata - great moves they know the system and are McD guys. Better than what else you can get on the market.

Bills sign scrub #1 - great move and better than Klein and Mata. Those guys are awful and should not be in the league. 

Beane signs depth piece at $2-3m… this is outrageous… the Bills waste all their money on a lot of  depth  guys when they should pool it together and sign a few guys at $10-15m 

Beane signs depth piece at League minimum… this guy sucks … what’s Beane doing ??

33 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

His stat line is pretty dang good and is a plus athlete 

95 tackles

12 TFL

3 Sacks

5 PBUs

5% missed tackle

65% completion percentage (Not bad for a LB) 

Good 3rd LB/Sam

His stats are better than T Edmunds ever were.😆

2 minutes ago, Sestak4ever said:

His stats are better than T Edmunds ever were.😆

Great. Another Edmonds thread. He's like the Hotel California. We can check out anytime we like, but we can never leave.

He'll be a backup / special packages / special teams player with starting experience.  I suppose you can't ask for better. 

Seems like he's better than AJ Klein or someone like that, so I'll take it. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This is kind of funny.    

They must see the value here somewhere.  

We have 11 draft choices, there are likely guys like this (without the experience) available on day 3.  

I don't know what this is about.

I believe DL is a must in FA at this point.  

Just now, CNYfan said:

This is kind of funny.    

They must see the value here somewhere.  

We have 11 draft choices, there are likely guys like this (without the experience) available on day 3.  

I don't know what this is about.

I believe DL is a must in FA at this point.  

The DL has got some love with DQ and AJ returning, there is still so much talent out there. 

This guy might not even make the team.  And if he does, he's a backup/depth player with starting experience on a playoff team that I'm sure didn't cost much, and he can probably play special teams.  Nothing to get worked up about.

Edited by msw2112

Weird Day 2 signing.  This particular player is Preston Brown v2.  The stats are deceptive. 

The Bills did not necessarily need one of the Eagles' slow linebackers.