TRADE: Mac Jones headed to the Jags

Really not a great landing spot for him IMO. Will be firmly behind Duval Barbie. Maybe a year or two with Pederson helps his value next year...but no chance to even compete for playtime for now barring injury.

Edited by BuffaloBillyG
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 10

7 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

He’d be a back up anywhere be went 

But what a horrible backup he’ll be!
Mitch Trubisky will come back to Buffalo, and be a solid backup, because he will support Josh, work with the team during practice to prepare for opponents, and do all the things required of a backup. 

Mac & Cheese, as has been his history, will be focused on himself, and how to advance his own agenda. When he was on the sideline in NE*, he was either pouting, or trying to get in the coaches ear. Backups can’t be as selfish as Jones has proven to be. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

Mac Jones being evicted from the building by Patriots staff

sddefault.jpg

I remember that picture. It was for a sprained ankle that he didn't even miss time for. What a baby.

• Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Really not a great landing spot for him IMO. Will be firmly behind Duval Barbie. Maybe a year or two with Pederson helps his value next year...but no chance to even compete for playtime for now barring injury.

He signs with another team after a year of backing up and he’ll count towards comp pick formula

Just now, MJS said:

I remember that picture. It was for a sprained ankle that he didn't even miss time for. What a baby.

Considering all the players he's tried to injure since he came into the league, it's brilliantly ironic that he reacted this way to an ingrowing toe nail

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

Why does it feel like the Patriots are going through exactly what the Bills went through following the Kelly era? It’ll be interesting to see how long they wonder in the wilderness. 

Interesting and fun!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Why does it feel like the Patriots are going through exactly what the Bills went through following the Kelly era? It’ll be interesting to see how long they wonder in the wilderness. 

I think 40 years of wandering would be a good start. They made their deal with the devil, and that comes with a price.   

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

35 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I have always thought of him as a Fabio.

Maybe Jaguars will get some additional Alabama fans.

1 minute ago, Blackbeard said:

Honestly as much as a Sally Mac may seem, I hope this pans out for him. 

seems like the pats and Billy  just did him wrong. 

I disagree entirely. With going behind Belichick*’s back to the owners, all the dirty hits, the sideline tantrums, and his utter lack of support when Zappe was getting his reps— literally pouting and crying on the sideline, I’d say he did them wrong. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

He wasn’t going to have a chance to compete anywhere. He isn’t good. He’s a backup. McCorkle is a good backup. He went to his home team for a year to learn and potentially rebuild his value. There were worse options for him.

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

I disagree entirely. With going behind Belichick*’s back to the owners, all the dirty hits, the sideline tantrums, and his utter lack of support when Zappe was getting his reps— literally pouting and crying on the sideline, I’d say he did them wrong. 

I do agree that he's always had a bit of an attitude issue. Aside from that however, the Patriots put on an absolute MASTER CLASS of what not to do with a young QB.

- Aging coach with old defensive mindset

- Lack of prioritizing getting weapons around him

-Lack of consistency on the OL

- Hiring Matt Patricia as an OC and doubling down with Joe freaking Judge as his QB coach (which is why I can't blame him for seeking answers outside the building)

- Job uncertainty with the switching between him and Zappe.

Now, I was never high on Jones and didn't think he would amount to much more than a low level starter. However he really wasn't given much of an opportunity or competent coaching either. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsFan130 said:

I wonder if this means Patriots are commiting to Daniels or Maye as their first pick 

If I were the Pats, I'd trade back as far as I can (of course everything depends on who does what with FA QBs) and just ahead of the Vikes and Broncos and take

J.J. McCarthy.  Then I'd sign C. Wilkins, 1 big name WR and a vet or two for OL. and draft BPA throughout.  Bring back Brissett.

We'll see how smart Mayo is.

• Haha (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Hopefully for decades

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I do agree that he's always had a bit of an attitude issue. Aside from that however, the Patriots put on an absolute MASTER CLASS of what not to do with a young QB.

- Aging coach with old defensive mindset

- Lack of prioritizing getting weapons around him

-Lack of consistency on the OL

- Hiring Matt Patricia as an OC and doubling down with Joe freaking Judge as his QB coach (which is why I can't blame him for seeking answers outside the building)

- Job uncertainty with the switching between him and Zappe.

Now, I was never high on Jones and didn't think he would amount to much more than a low level starter. However he really wasn't given much of an opportunity or competent coaching either. 

This is all mostly true, although I think you can only really point to the disastrous, ‘22 Matt Patricia experiment for bad coaching. 

There are actually fans in NE* who believe Jones bears some responsibility for Belichick*’s downfall. Be that as it may, I think Belichick* made his feelings pretty clear when he dropped Mac & Cheese off the active roster for the last game of the season. 

Edited by Rocky Landing

5 minutes ago, nosejob said:

If I were the Pats, I'd trade back as far as I can (of course everything depends on who does what with FA QBs) and just ahead of the Vikes and Broncos and take

J.J. McCarthy.  Then I'd sign C. Wilkins, 1 big name WR and a vet or two for OL. and draft BPA throughout.  Bring back Brissett.

We'll see how smart Mayo is.

If they want McCarthy,  they better stay where they are. 

31 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

welp, I can here to post this same photo, but I see you have ably taken care of it already! 

It's my go-to picture for any Mac Jones related topic. One day in the far future there will be an "RIP Mac Jones" post and I'll be sitting in my wheelchair, wheezing for my carer to find that picture of a young Mac Jones crying

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Awwufelloff said:

They’re going to get a franchise qb at pick 3 and be back into the thick of it in 2-3 yrs 

Why? Do the new coaching staff have a record of developing young QB talent?

• Like (+1) 1