Bills releasing Hines

2 minutes ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

Wow! What's this cost us in dead cap?

What a flop of a trade.

500k deadcap, 4.66 mil savings. No brainer.

Edited by LEBills
  • Like (+1) 12
  • Agree 4
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 5

12 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

This is what I said would likely happen when people were worried a while back about Beane's comments.  His contract was just too easy to cut for cap issues, he was always going to need to be cut, but I do think they would still bring him back cheaper if he wants to be back and compete in camp.  

• Like (+1) 8

Bro had 2 kickoff returns against the Pats the week after the Hamlin incident. Made for a magically game after that tragedy, so I'll be grateful to him for that. Also makes me think the bills could take a rb to back up cook in a later round which I'd be fine with 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 4

20 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

This is what I said would likely happen when people were worried a while back about Beane's comments.  His contract was just too easy to cut for cap issues, he was always going to need to be cut, but I do think they would still bring him back cheaper if he wants to be back and compete in camp.  

his salary this year slotted up as a top ten workhorse back 

let him see what his market is. Probably a 1.5m Kind of deal and he can pick his best fit to hopefully put up decent tape and earn a year or two after 

could even be here

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Harty next?

That would be my guess.

My favorite part of the whole Harty signing (other than his big punt return against Miami) was last year as FA began. McKenzie famously goes on Twitter and basically says "C'mon Beane, do something..." and the first move was signing his replacement.😂

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

He seems like a guy you only want to bring in if you have nothing vested in him. Who knows how he’s recovered from his accident? You can’t have guaranteed money or real cap space allocated to a player in that situation. 

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Didn’t Beane previously state he told Hines he’d be on the roster? 

People said there was some sort of deal in place for legal issues, but that's all it was, people saying things. Clearly it wasn't true.

Edited by Warcodered

Interesting! I knew that he wasn't going anywhere, but I figured it would be a restructure.

This sounds like they decided he's vet minimum and that the only way to do that was to rip up his contract completely and re-sign him to a new deal.

Good move. Though i'd update the title to "Hines Released - Most Likely to Return". People celebrating his being gone and skipping over that he'll most likely be back.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Interesting! I knew that he wasn't going anywhere, but I figured it would be a restructure.

This sounds like they decided he's vet minimum and that the only way to do that was to rip up his contract completely and re-sign him to a new deal.

Good move. Though i'd update the title to "Hines Released - Most Likely to Return". People celebrating his being gone and skipping over that he'll most likely be back.

I mean fine. The guy is a good Kick Returner. Put him on PR duty too if Harty is gone