What is your unpopular Bills opinion?

Mikie2times

I'm talking about the things you can't tell your wife or your husband. The things that haunt you at night.  Things like Dalton Kincaid is a below average receiver (I would never say such a thing, I love Kincaid). How about the team will really miss Gabe Davis? Now that would almost be blasphemy on this board. These are just examples people. I do not endorse either of these statements. I'm just giving examples of the depths I'm asking you to reach in this thread. 

I will start.......

Von Miller will have a rebound year eclipsing 10 sacks in 2024

Season 5 What GIF by The Office

• Like (+1) 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

Josh Allen = lesser Cam Newton, Cam has an MVP.

That would be an unpopular opinion, but I have trouble believing it's your true opinion....

1 minute ago, Old Coot said:

Trade Josh for a bag of donuts. Not the jelly kind -- he's not Mahomes

Do you truly want to trade Josh though?

They'd get a boatload of picks/players and be able to add a ton of talent, so...

8 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

I'm talking about the things you can't tell your wife or your husband. The things that haunt you at night.  Things like Dalton Kincaid is a below average receiver (I would never say such a thing, I love Kincaid). How about the team will really miss Gabe Davis? Now that would almost be blasphemy on this board. These are just examples people. I do not endorse either of these statements. I'm just giving examples of the depths I'm asking you to reach in this thread. 

I will start.......

Von Miller will have a rebound year eclipsing 10 sacks in 2024

Season 5 What GIF by The Office

My unpopular opinion is that the Bills should completely redesign their logo. They've had two logos in their history and they're both terrible. Third time's the charm.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 4

11 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Elam will be a CB 1.  

I actually like this one and have some hope it could happen. His year 1 was adjusting from a predominantly man system and joining the NFL. His year two he was largely banged up. If he can start the year healthy next season I see him as a guy that has the potential to really outplay his current spot on the depth chart.  

Edited by Mikie2times
  • Like (+1) 3

31 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Elam will be a CB 1.  

I'd sooner believe Tom Brady will come out of retirement to play RB for the Jets next year... 

My unpopular opinion:

Josh Allen IS a turnover machine... He's just good enough to make up for it. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

This upcoming season is going to be a real down year. The turnover on defense is going to be a big factor and a rookie WR from the bottom of the 1st round isn’t going to be ready to make a huge difference right away. I’m not expecting to win the division. I think we’ll be fighting for the last wild card spot. The theme of the year will be young players getting important reps, and hopefully being future affordable starters.

The most important season for selling PSLs is going to be 2025 (new stadium opens the following season). So the Bills are going to take some cap medicine this upcoming season and then go ridiculously all-in the following season (think Rams burning all their draft capital for a push).

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Diggs isn’t a number 1 receiver anymore.

Also it’s ok Josh to not be Mr Brightside all the time. I guess in his mind he’s already made it from no scholarship offers to being one of the faces of the league with an A list actress future wife.

Dude get angry show more emotion tell your teammates hey make a damn play. It’s ok they make lots of money they can take it. 

Edited by 78thealltimegreat
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

That this year’s playoff loss was worse than 13 seconds because it was a better opportunity to make the Super Bowl.

and what also made it worse is after 13 seconds we were itching to get another shot at KC in the playoffs and redeem ourselves (not shoot ourselves in the foot again).

We get that chance - at home - only 2 years later, with the Bengals out of the playoffs, and we shoot ourselves in the foot, again… after all of that. 

This team does not learn. 

• Like (+1) 1

The true “window” with this regime was 2020-21 and 13 seconds was our real shot. It will be an entirely new roster and team (and maybe decades from now) before we win a Super Bowl. 

Edited by stevestojan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

42 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

This upcoming season is going to be a real down year. The turnover on defense is going to be a big factor and a rookie WR from the bottom of the 1st round isn’t going to be ready to make a huge difference right away. I’m not expecting to win the division. I think we’ll be fighting for the last wild card spot. The theme of the year will be young players getting important reps, and hopefully being future affordable starters.

This is sort of where I'm at. They're in a tough spot next year financially. 

Being a perennial division champion, playoff team, and super bowl contender is actually a good thing

Edited by stevewin
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

McDermott is a Super Bowl caliber coach. 

Gabe is a good WR2.

The first receiver we draft will be a bust, but the second receiver we draft will be Gabe 2.0 with an identical ending.

Our first-round defensive back pick will be a perennial All-Pro.

Gilliam is more than worth his roster spot and makes the team better.

Bass rebounds and will have consecutive good seasons.  

The 2024 offense will be more balanced and geared towards heavier formations (12, 21 and even 22 personnel) with a focus on the play-action pass.

Edited by Capco

I was going to make a sarcastic one like we should make OJ a Legend of the Game but I'll go with we should take the loss and release Von Miller as a post June 1st cut.  He's toast guys and we could use that 6.8 million when Beane goes dumpster diving in June.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

5 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I was going to make a sarcastic one like we should make OJ a Legend of the Game but I'll go with we should take the loss and release Von Miller as a post June 1st cut.  He's toast guys and we could use that 6.8 million when Beane goes dumpster diving in June.

Yea that's mine as well. It does seem to be a pretty unpopular view around here but I'm with you. It looked painful for him to move let alone rush the passer. Take the L, save yourself that bit of pocket change and move on.

• Agree 4

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea that's mine as well. It does seem to be a pretty unpopular view around here but I'm with you. It looked painful for him to move let alone rush the passer. Take the L, save yourself that bit of pocket change and move on.

God that injury sucked.  We might have a Super Bowl right now if he doesn't take a wrong step in Detroit.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1