Jump to content

What is your unpopular Bills opinion?


Mikie2times

Recommended Posts

Im going to get ripped for this but here goes....

 

Bills mafia is a terrible nickname for our fan base. I hate it so much.

 

A small but vocal and ever present minority of fans are really drunken trash that I would never associate with in any other venue. You know this is true. You see them every game. My wife looks around at the parking lot and we can't wait to make it to our club seats. In a perfect world there would be seperate parking and gates for those willing to pay a higher price to avoid the drunken gauntlet on game day. 

  • Shocked 1
  • Agree 4
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Unpopular take:

 

The Bills have really not been that talented in this Super Bowl “window” and I’m not that worried about the future because of it. 
 

2020 was probably the peak in terms of overall talent and we were an AFCCG team going up against probably an All-Time Chiefs team. Since then, the water has found it’s level a bit between both of our clubs, which is why that was the last time they ever blew us out. 
 

They have a great team/org along with an All-time QB and we have our work cut out for us going forward. But it would not surprise me to beat them in the postseason once or twice in the next few years. We have a better shot than probably every other team than the Bengals. 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Less popular:

 

The Bills are and have been the closest team to the Chiefs level in the entire NFL since 2021, and if the Bills or Chiefs were in the NFC it would be a Bills v Chiefs Superbowl since 2020-21. 

 

Unpopular:

 

Dawson Knox is way better than fans give him credit for. 

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, finn said:

Bills fans are hard on McDermott, Davis, Bass, etc., because they live vicariously through the Bills and they hate feeling like the almost-winners or losers they feel like they (not the Bills, they) might be. 

nail on the head there Finn, except that Davis does under perform frequently and McDermott is obsessed with his defense, which unfortunately always fails in the playoffs, we just have to live with this reality 😂🍸🚬

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Mikie2times said:

I actually like this one and have some hope it could happen. His year 1 was adjusting from a predominantly man system and joining the NFL. His year two he was largely banged up. If he can start the year healthy next season I see him as a guy that has the potential to really outplay his current spot on the depth chart.  

yeah Elam will be fine.   

2 hours ago, Sweats said:

 

 

.....shoulve taken that big swing for some offensive weapons for JA

yep, I was wrong on D-Hop.  Totally should have gone and gotten him.   What a talent.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

Brittany is hotter than Hailee. 

Poyer has been slow as hell for like 4 years.

Rachel Bushs booty is too big, it's almost overwhelming. 

 

- Disagree

- Agree

- I'd like to climb that mountain and make a determination.

  • Haha (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, The Red King said:

Those horrible color-rush jerseys might actually look good with white pants (and keeping the white helmets).

 

Don't change a thing except screw on some BLUE facemasks please! 

 

It would be so lit, as the kids say! 🔥

 

They looked great in the Joe Ferguson/Joe Cribbs/Bermuda Triangle era 🔥

JoeCribbs.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, HankBulloughMellencamp said:

 

Don't change a thing except screw on some BLUE facemasks please! 

 

It would be so lit, as the kids say! 🔥

 

They looked great in the Joe Ferguson/Joe Cribbs/Bermuda Triangle era 🔥

JoeCribbs.jpg

Love those unis! Cribbs was so good!

3 minutes ago, BananaB said:

Reason why we can’t beat KC in playoffs is all McD. 

That is hardly unpopular take. Most of us agree. Some of us just knew it a few years ago and got flamed repeatedly for saying it!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, fmr60 said:

Beane will be replaced by a GM who knows something about personnel and drafting. He survives only because he lucked out on one draft choice - JA.

I might have thought that two years ago. But I think he's done a solid job the last couple drafts. Honestly I blame McD for Elam not playing. Shocker I know that I blame McD.

But Beane was right about Brown at RT and he did well all be it two season too late of fixing the OL.

If Miller plays well this year and he finds a WR and an Edge that contributes immediately this off season it will be a huge success!!!

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1.  Elam is traded in the offseason for a fourth round pick in the draft.

2.  Bills select a defensive lineman with their first round pick.

3.  Bills lose Epenesa, Jones and Floyd in free agency because of salary cap constraints.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, FireChans said:

Unpopular take:

 

The Bills have really not been that talented in this Super Bowl “window” and I’m not that worried about the future because of it. 
 

2020 was probably the peak in terms of overall talent and we were an AFCCG team going up against probably an All-Time Chiefs team. Since then, the water has found it’s level a bit between both of our clubs, which is why that was the last time they ever blew us out. 
 

They have a great team/org along with an All-time QB and we have our work cut out for us going forward. But it would not surprise me to beat them in the postseason once or twice in the next few years. We have a better shot than probably every other team than the Bengals. 


 

Only thing I’m worried about is replacing Hyde - but agree with all this.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Bruffalo said:

Less popular:

 

The Bills are and have been the closest team to the Chiefs level in the entire NFL since 2021, and if the Bills or Chiefs were in the NFC it would be a Bills v Chiefs Superbowl since 2020-21. 

 

Unpopular:

 

Dawson Knox is way better than fans give him credit for. 

 

Both of these are spot on IMO.

  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 years from now Josh Allen will be out of the league and/or a shell of himself like Cam Newton and it will be dark days for many years again as Bills fans continue to watch Mahomes and the Chiefs rack up the Lombardis and realize the true impact of the events of the 2017 draft.

  • Haha (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:


 

Only thing I’m worried about is replacing Hyde - but agree with all this.  

I’m slightly concerned too but the fact of the matter is that Hyde effectively missed 2022, and was a shadow of himself this year with his head falling off. 
 

Poyer only slowed down first last year because he was the only one playing so it was obvious. And this year played a lot of dual LB/S big nickel hybrid which allowed him to compensate for the step he clearly lost. 
 

The last time we had both safeties playing at the elite level we are accustomed to was probably spots in 21. We have basically made due without that level of play since, retaining a pretty good defense and still being one score away from beating KC. So ultimately, if we get a mid tier FA or a solid rookie, I don’t think the defense is going to miss a beat. 
 

Part of that is why I do think McD is a good defensive mind and far better at adapting than folks give him credit for. Once Milano went down, and Dorian Williams played himself off the field, McD brought Poyer down and ran a ton of 3 safety looks. Poyer playing LB was our best option, McD recognized that, and our defense found its level. And it sucks that Taylor Rapp injured himself picking off Tua, because his absence meant we couldn’t use that look against KC without putting Hamlin or Cam Lewis out there, both of who completely suck. 

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Im going to get ripped for this but here goes....

 

Bills mafia is a terrible nickname for our fan base. I hate it so much.

Allow me to hop in your bandwagon.  Don’t like it. Never have, never will. 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Unless the receiver they can get in the first round is considered an absolute can't miss, they should use all of the first 5 rounds on defense.

 

That ought to do it.

Edited by KHAN
  • Angry 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...