What is your unpopular Bills opinion?

Mikie2times

Unpopular negative:  The Bills ownership is quietly one of the more fragile in the league.  Terry is 73, Kim's status is unknown, with no readily apparent heir.

Unpopular positive:  The NFL, in the deepest, windowless conference room in the building, would admit that the Bills fanbase, and not the Chiefs, not the Cowboys, not the Packers, best exemplifies the modern day NFL fan with its support of the team, regardless of weather, and the consistent charity drives.

If I had to ditch either Beane or McD, I'd lose Beane.

Both of these guys deserve our thanks for making the Bills a contender.  But the main reason we haven't celebrated a Lombardi yet is because the roster just isn't strong enough.  Every year, we're beaten by better teams.  I've watched some 49er games this year and have been impressed by their roster.  It's stronger than ours.  And they also lost to KC.

I'm not arguing that McD has been perfect but to win the SB, the roster needs to get better.  Beane needs to step up (or be replaced by someone better).  

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Florida Bills Fanatic said:

I'll start with these two guys being some of my favorite players but Poyer and Hyde should both hang it up.  For every good play they made this season, they made two or three bad plays (missed tackles, blown coverage, or just got beat).  They looked slow all year.  Unfortunately, the Bills didn't have better options on the roster but they need to fix that.  Father time has run its course.

That's fair on Hyde, it's a little unfair on Poyer. Through the first two weeks it was maybe true - but overall he still had an above average year for an NFL safety. He just isn't the all-pro type guy we remember. Find a good vet who can be the new lynchpin back there, let Poyer play his final year but draft a guy late day 2 or early day 3 to take over next year. That guy should get a chance to get on the field too because as the season wore on they swapped JoPo and Rapp in dime looks and Rapp was playing as the second safety with Poyer as a traditional dime almost playing like a linebacker. If he ends up outplaying Poyer, great, let him start and just bring Poyer in for dime looks.  

28 minutes ago, dpberr said:

Unpopular negative:  The Bills ownership is quietly one of the more fragile in the league.  Terry is 73, Kim's status is unknown, with no readily apparent heir.

Are the kids not heirs? I think Jess is on record saying she wants to stay involved in sports after her career. She didn't necessarily say "I'd love to own the Bills" but I'd say without any deep knowledge she is the hair apparent. 

• Like (+1) 4

Bills fans would be as annoying and hated as Chief fans currently or Patriot fans if we had the run those teams are.

Also Bills Mafias true halcyon days were through 2019. Currently it is a massive bandwagon culturally as its a "thing" and when the pendulum swings back (hopefully in 20 years+ lol) but it will feel a lot like the drought days. Sizable fanbase and hearty group, but not what exists now.

Edited by corta765
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

That's fair on Hyde, it's a little unfair on Poyer. Through the first two weeks it was maybe true - but overall he still had an above average year for an NFL safety. He just isn't the all-pro type guy we remember. Find a good vet who can be the new lynchpin back there, let Poyer play his final year but draft a guy late day 2 or early day 3 to take over next year.

The Buffalo secondary is SLOW, and Poyer is a huge factor.  It's great that he's a savvy vet who occasionally makes a heroic play, but I don't see how you can keep sending him out there.  You'll realize what a liability he was when he's finally replaced by someone with legit recovery speed.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Billl said:

The Buffalo secondary is SLOW, and Poyer is a huge factor.  It's great that he's a savvy vet who occasionally makes a heroic play, but I don't see how you can keep sending him out there.  You'll realize what a liability he was when he's finally replaced by someone with legit recovery speed.

He is slow at this stage, but he still had a decent season. He was not close to a liability. 

We're closer to going all the way than we think. We can legitimately say we can take the Chiefs to the brink as much as the 49ers.

Blowing up the McDermott - Beane would be big a step back. 

This fan base's negativity is based more on the accumulated heartbreaks of The Decade of Fail and 4 Falls of Buffalo than how the team is currently playing.

Von Miller is ineffective without a corresponding threat like Chubb or Aaron Donald and is stealing paycheques.

If we think Josh is a franchise QB ( yes I do) then we have to stop using him as a battering ram in short yardage. There is no Mahomes tush push play.

Our defense has some good players but no playmakers. Can you name one defender who is irreplaceable or among the elite at their position?

At 17 games, the regular season becomes more like exhibition. Going into the post season healthy is more important than being the #1 seed or having home field.

10 hours ago, QCity said:

This is sort of where I'm at. They're in a tough spot next year financially. 

The money the Bills will pay Von Miller could have retained two quality starters.  Miller will do nothing again this year.  Bad signing in retrospect.

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.