Super Bowl LVIII game thread.

TBBills Fan

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

He has been surrounded by elite players that make clutch plays, and elite coaches, on both sides of the ball. He also did not play especially well in this game. And that's fine. QBs are allowed to play below their highest standard and still win games against great opponents. At least some QBs are.

Seriously if anyone's takeaway from this game is "Mahomes just finds a way to get it done" I have about zero respect for your football opinion. Please use your eyes.

Disclaimer: None of this is meant to take away from the greatness that is Mahomes. He is one of the best QBs I've ever watched.

Agreed.  

And also what you allude to is all anyone in sports media will take from this.  

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

He has been surrounded by elite players that make clutch plays, and elite coaches, on both sides of the ball. He also did not play especially well in this game. And that's fine. QBs are allowed to play below their highest standard and still win games against great opponents. At least some QBs are.

Seriously if anyone's takeaway from this game is "Mahomes just finds a way to get it done" I have about zero respect for your football opinion. Please use your eyes.

Disclaimer: None of this is meant to take away from the greatness that is Mahomes. He is one of the best QBs I've ever watched.

Dude come on.

If Allen had that game, with clutch play after clutch play in the 4th Q and OT, with his arm and his leg, to keep drives alive and get points when they absolutely NEEDED to, you’d be melting down all the metal in your house to start building the statue.

There’s bias and then there’s this lol.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, Beast said:

It matters to me. If you want to hear Brock Purdy is better than Allen all ***** off season then I guess you are disappointed.

We already knew the Chiefs were a great team.

He went to the Super Bowl, they're going to say that anyway, they said that about Tua this season, they're lazy and looking for attention from easy clicks. It's stupid takes there's no reason for me to care, the Bills have to figure things out to give Josh more weapons and keep the line solid and fill the holes on defense that's really all that matters this offseason.

Just now, JMM said:

He threw for over 300 yards, but when he HAD to make plays,  he did. Every single time. All playoffs, then tonight. That's what GOATS do

I mean this may be an agree to disagree type situation haha imo he should have HAD to make even more plays but the chiefs defense always bails them out when they make mistakes.  Comes down to how you see the game of football personally I guess

Chris jones shows up when they need a big play on the defensive side whenever they need one which took a ton of pressure off the chiefs offense all year 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Who honestly can stand this anymore.  We go from Pats for 20 years no we are looking at KC for another 10.

It's like rooting for the Washington Generals if you aren't a KC fan.

All the bandwagon Patriots fans from the last 20 years are probably diehard Chiefs fans now. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Trev said:

This should’ve been us.  We traded Mahomes to the chiefs. We should be a dynasty by now.

Jesus Christ. So, we haven't made and won Super Bowls because we don't have Mahomes? You're clueless. How would Mahomes have done not walking into a team with a HOF head coach, the greatest TE ever, Tyreek Hill and Kareem Hunt? Get a clue

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 hours ago, stevestojan said:

I’m in a squares pool that pays $300 per game minute. Of course my ***** numbers are 2 and 5. But the person who has 0 and 0 is already up 3 grand. 

Well what do you know, 5 and 2 ***** hit. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Special K said:

If you couldn’t see that ending coming from a mile away, I don’t know what to tell you 

Please explain it slowly so that I can understand . . . . 

3 minutes ago, Bills!Win! said:

10 superbowls for Brady. 4 for Mahomes. Life is great. But sometimes sports really makes it suck a little. Why couldn’t I have picked different things to enjoy? LoL 

If I could go back i would never have started watching football.  It's only a hobby, but unlike most hobbies we have zero control over what happens.

• Like (+1) 3

Maybe it's because I've watched this movie too many time as a Bills fan, but that is why I am seriously thinking about going for it instead of settling for a FG the possession before.  You just know with the way it seems like every NFL team has decided to "defend" the Chiefs in crucial situations; that you are not holding them until at least they are in FG range anyway.  So you might as well try for your own TD.  That was the FG of death. 

And why are you not kicking off after winning the toss?  All that did was make it easier on the Chiefs knowing that they had all 4 downs to work with no matter what.  Makes play calling even easier on them.  If I'm a 49ers fan, I am furious with the coaching staff right now for everything that went down late in that game.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Awwufelloff said:

When things go right more often than not, it usually is because their coaching is better. The playcall with hardman was genius...Mcdermott doesn't make that call.

Reid doesn’t waste time outs or do many stupid things. He adjusts and confuses other teams. The Bills win because Allen goes superhero alien mode and makes up for a lot of dumb coaching decisions. 

• Agree 1

Just now, FireChans said:

If Allen had that game...

...we would have lost. End of conversation. I know this because he played a better game in at least 2 games this year that the Bills still lost.

Hopefully one day we'll have the coaching staff and the players around him to get a single Lombardi. I'm past the point of rooting for multiples. Just give me one in the Allen era please.

• Thank you (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

No he doesn't.  But Brady might.

Lets hope!

Just now, ngbills said:

Reid doesn’t waste time outs or do many stupid things. He adjusts and confuses other teams. The Bills win because Allen goes superhero alien mode and makes up for a lot of dumb coaching decisions. 

100000% agree. This needs to be known and shared throughout the Bills community. Mcdermott has run his course here. Without Allen this team wins 3-4 games this past year.

• Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I mean this may be an agree to disagree type situation haha imo he should have HAD to make even more plays but the chiefs defense always bails them out when they make mistakes.  Comes down to how you see the game of football personally I guess

Chris jones shows up when they need a big play on the defensive side whenever they need one which took a ton of pressure off the chiefs offense all year 

I really, really wish the Chiefs had somehow decided not to pay him this year. 

Just now, HappyDays said:

...we would have lost. End of conversation. I know this because he played a better game in at least 2 games this year that the Bills still lost.

Hopefully one day we'll have the coaching staff and the players around him to get a single Lombardi. I'm past the point of rooting for multiples. Just give me one in the Allen era please.

I don’t agree.

Mahomes is the best QB playing, by a lot. Which is why he wins the Super Bowl, a lot. 

Just like Brady was the best QB playing, by a lot. Which is why he won the Super Bowl, a lot.

Arguing against that is arguing the sky is green.

• Disagree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Avisan said:

We did it vs. the Broncos and they completed a prayer ball.  Cue the "McDermott is clueless!1!!1" cries, etc.

Y'all are exceptionally outcome-based when it comes to determining what is and is not a good call.

I've always thought this: It's only ever the right call if it comes off

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

I don’t agree.

Mahomes is the best QB playing, by a lot. Which is why he wins the Super Bowl, a lot. 

Just like Brady was the best QB playing, by a lot. Which is why he won the Super Bowl, a lot.

Arguing against that is arguing the sky is green.

Mahomes on the Bills. 

We’re a dynasty?

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Avisan said:

We did it vs. the Broncos and they completed a prayer ball.  Cue the "McDermott is clueless!1!!1" cries, etc.

Y'all are exceptionally outcome-based when it comes to determining what is and is not a good call.

Congrats. You now understand football forums.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.