Fangio OUT as DC in Miami

2 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

WOW! He was the best part of this team. Back to the cellar where you belong, Miami

The Pats or Jets own the cellar. Depending on who they hire it should make winning the AFCE easier.

• Agree 1

he would be a fun mix to our defense and jekyl vs hyde that would become the McD way vs. Fangio way. it'd be an amazing spectacle. McDermott plays instinctive strategic defense. Fangio finds mismatches and puts plays in with their ears pinned back to attack the problems.

i can't imagine many fin defenders are happy with this. as a fan, i can't imagine many are either unless they're disillusioned. though, i imagine their weakass fanbase is celebrating this because they don't understand a good defense.

14 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Fangio is an excellent defensive mind.

Miami lost a lot of players on defense.

Fangio has a very specific style of defense as well, and if he doesnt have the personnel to run it he flounders.  Their injuries hurt them big time.  He isn't McD quality, where he can lose half he defense and still stop teams consistently

2 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

WOW. Really? I don't think he'd be a good for for us but man he was doing a good job with the Dolphins near the end of the year. I am pleased that they are continued to step on rakes between this and the Tua extension.

It's really a ridiculous thing Miami is asking defensive coordinators, hey all we ask is that you stop Josh Allen. Have you tried in his sleep with a bat, because what else are you going to ***** do. Hell Fangio pretty much lucked into the best he could do with some of that ridiculous turnover luck in the last matchup but if the offense doesn't do ***** it doesn't matter.

14 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Scapegoat 

Reading the media release it sounds more like he requested to leave as wanted to be closer to his family in Pa and Eagles are going to hire him.  If that's even close to the entire story, was nice of Miami to do so.  But also don't want a coach who doesn't want to be there either.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Reading the media release it sounds more like he requested to leave as wanted to be closer to his family in Pa and Eagles are going to hire him.  If that's even close to the entire story, was nice of Miami to do so.  But also don't want a coach who doesn't want to be there either.

Just like how Leslie Frasier wanted a break.

• Agree 2

Miami is going to find themselves in trouble rather quick. They have huge cap hits with guys like Hill, Ramsey, Chubb, and Xavien Howard. Then Chubb likely won't even play next year due to how late the ACL tear happened. Read somewhere that Terron Armstead might be retiring, which would trigger an even larger cap hit as well as leave a hole on their OL. Jaylen Waddle and Jaelen Phillips are entering the 4th years of their deal. Phillips is also coming off an achilles tear he just had repaired in late November. Their list of FA's is long, including Christian Wilkins who will likely chase the $$$ elsewhere. Top it off with the fact their GM is about to sign Tua to a LT, big $$$ contract. Then they just can't seem to get things right on the defensive side of the ball. I almost pity the Fish fans. 

• Like (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't actually think he did that great of a job this year. 

From what it sounds like he really didn't want to be there that much going to last year. Wanted Philly but they went with Desai. 

And judging from several player reactions he wasn't really liked by the players there either.

• Haha (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, H2o said:

Miami is going to find themselves in trouble rather quick. They have huge cap hits with guys like Hill, Ramsey, Chubb, and Xavien Howard. Then Chubb likely won't even play next year due to how late the ACL tear happened. Read somewhere that Terron Armstead might be retiring, which would trigger an even larger cap hit as well as leave a hole on their OL. Jaylen Waddle and Jaelen Phillips are entering the 4th years of their deal. Phillips is also coming off an achilles tear he just had repaired in late November. Their list of FA's is long, including Christian Wilkins who will likely chase the $$$ elsewhere. Top it off with the fact their GM is about to sign Tua to a LT, big $$$ contract. Then they just can't seem to get things right on the defensive side of the ball. I almost pity the Fish fans. 

Spend 5 minutes over at Fin  Heaven or whatever they call their fan message board and you will lose all inclination for pity and only loathing will remain.  

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

WOW! He was the best part of this team. Back to the cellar where you belong, Miami

LOL; Miami's defense was HORRID for much of the season, though in their defense they did improve as the season wore on.

Fangio is an older timer; I can see where he didn't fit the mold down in Miami, which is about the future of football, not the past.

That defense was injured all year. Plus everyone who plays in Miami is soft. I don’t know who better they are going to get for DC but that defense is loaded with talent. 

2 hours ago, JoeF said:

Mike McDaniel - with a very mercurial and tamper prone owner might lead next year's hot seat candidates....

He literally would last 3 seconds on the job market. 

He’s a weenie but is a top 5 playcaller. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.