Divisional Playoffs - Chiefs at Bills - Post game thread

BuffaloBill

10 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

This game was epitome of live by the melon farmer, die by the melon farmer. Late game decisions were bad in an otherwise good game.

I said a few times in recent post that KC was the defending champs. That means they know how to win. Sadly, in the divisional playoff round Buffalo doesn't. 

Also, there was much talk about Buffalo's character, heart, grit, and toughness compared to KCs lack of.

Wondering if some people's mind have changed. 

This loss SUCKS!!!

• Like (+1) 2

Well its been fun everyone.  That was a gut punch and we can just add it to the list and hope they go get a playmaking wr to pair with this running game and kincaid in the offseason.  Special teams were dreadful today.  

I don't have the patience to listen to people spend every minute complaining about not throwing underneath to diggs for 9 months so I will be in and out.

The glaring needs to me though,   A real bonafide pass rusher, a dynamic big bodied playmaker at wr and a kicker.  Then we have to hope for good health when the playoffs start.  It just seems crazy they are always so banged up.

it wont happen but they should be considering a change at McDermott because maybe this is a Tony Dungy situation in Tampa....he just cant get over the hump.  The organization can not waste another season of Allen's career.  Mike Vrabel would fit the area and the style of play.  I know it wont happen so its a waste of time to think about.  

Anyway.  see everyone next week in the game threads.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Big Blitz said:

Our WRs are awful.  

Allen makes all of them look great - Shakir has great feet and hands but does he separate?  No one else did.

Yeah all of our weaknesses finally caught up to us.

Special teams. Receiving corps. Linebacker corps.

Funny, all the people who complained about those units early in the year were dismissed as being negative nancy's and greeted with eyeroll emoji's, but... well, here we are.

Sometimes even message board fans can call a spade a spade.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Here’s a hard fact….our passing game never looked good. Not even after Joe Brady took over. Our running game looked better but the Bills passing game looked pedestrian. 

I really would like to see a search done for a new offensive coordinator.

I won’t get into Steffon Diggs other than to say I wish we had an out where we didn’t get killed cap-wise. He looks disinterested. He started the season great and just faded into oblivion. He is a non-factor.

I hope I never see Tyler Bass in a Bills uniform again.

Josh Allen? Superman. Just a freak and we are wasting him. One AFC title loss? That is alarming.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

9 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

I actually think the game turned when Spags made adjustments and the Bills didn’t for those two series. Before that they couldn’t stop Buffalo but they started run blitzing and coming down hard and we needed to be going PA. Those 3 series cost is. We only scored 7 points in the 2nd half

I thought it was over when Buffalo punted the 1st time.  You knew Mahomes was going to get in rhythm and score touchdowns.  They had to get a 2 score lead to withstand what was coming and the Bills blinked first.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Billsfanatic8989 said:

I gotta say it...call Belichick or Harbaugh tomorrow. 

Is this loss on McD? No. But you know what? Something big has to change. 

Yeah, we probably get our butt kicked in Baltimore next week. So what. This was an enormous game where too many people came up small.

BTW, Diggs time as a #1 receiver on this team needs to be questioned.

He has hit the wall.  

12 minutes ago, dma0034 said:

Exactly. You go up by 4 with 1:55 left? That's not winning you this game. Did you watch Mahomes struggle at all this game?

You get the points when you can get the points. Short memory but we went up by 3 or 4 in kc two years ago with under 2 mins left and Von forced a int to Tauron by mahomes.

12 minutes ago, Kaa Cee 4 Life said:

Ha! HA! HA!. Don't say I didn't warn you! How the ***** did you lose that game? Same way you lose them all! Choke job! LMAO!

Okay, you won, you can gloat. Good luck next week versus the blackbirds. 

This is the exact reason why a lot of us wanted McD fired. Had nothing to do with the article, all about what happened to the D tonight. I don’t care about the injuries, they moved down the field with ease all night. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, IronyAbounds said:

Getting to 6-6 was pretty special too - just not in a good way.

Yep. I think that's what did for us.

I think we need the number 1 seed to win the SB. We blew that chance early this year. 

There is NO way we beat Baltimore on the road this banged up. 

Lost too many winnable games - mostly under Dorsey. Playoffs were a kind of achievement. But if we'd got the 1 seed, with so many QBs missing from other franchises, this really could have been the year

17 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

The thought of this makes me nauseous.  We really are the San Diego Chargers during Philip Rivers prime at this point.

I never wanted to believe the stories about the Bills never winning anything while their stadium was built on top of an old Native American Burial Ground, but I honestly think this team is just f**king cursed.  There is no way to explain how many times these random things constantly go the other teams way in these type of games.

I've been saying we're becoming the Rivers Chargers teams for a while now 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

very disapponted. damn. Allen had the ball at the end, two lousy decisions throwing and a missed FG by a struggling kicker. Game was at home. no excuses, injuries whatever, the Chiefs earned it, they moved the ball at will at times.

Ya gotta admit, if Bass makes it. 27-27 with 1:34 left, Butker was going to walk it off.  Allen not hitting Shakir wide open was a killer as was the 3rd down. It was on his hand or legs to will us to the TD.  and Diggs not catching that deep pass was horrible.

They have the ball first down on the KC 26, game on the line and come away with zero points. Just can’t happen. inexcusable 

• Agree 1

We are all emotional and hurting because we finally got KC here.  Objectively the Bills injuries just caught up with them.  Just as we got healthy enough at the end of the season to win the division...the wildcard game cost us going into the divisional round.   Playing against a team like KC...who came into the game healthy...you can't expect to hold them out of the end zone.  The practice squad call ups  at LB and WR which were necessary...caused us to have to use a gimpy punter which didn't help field position.  The last few plays offensively after the two minute warning were bad.  However we had a FG in our back pocket.  Bass misses it.  I'll criticize McD for that fake punt, but as it turned out, it didn't hurt the Bills. 

So...go Ravens!  As to the Bills, coaching-wise we need a better special teams coordinator.  Roster wise we need better WRs among getting younger at safety.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Yeah as far as Brady goes, the grade is still incomplete.  Did not have a counterpunch in the second half when Spags started run blitzing on first down - Brady sent his rbs into the teeth of those blitzes like he was leading a charge in Galipoli.  But it’s hard to evaluate him fully when he was asked to design plays for the likes of Sherfield and Harty.  Just all around organizational negligence on offense starting in the offseason.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

Brady needs to go. 

First down play calling has be

I disagree. I thought he was very good in this game. In the end, players didn't execute. WRS didn't make some tough catches, Josh didn't make some plays on the final drive, and Bass missed a FG. 

The Brady play calling was very good. 

I don't understand how you can criticize Allen for taking the shot in the end zone.  I understand criticizing the actual execution of it, but it was there.  We can sit here and say we don't want to score too quickly, but there is no way Allen can have that mentality on the field.  

20 minutes ago, Billznut said:

Yep Allen should have thrown to Diggs. But Allen was the best player on the field tonight. Almost everyone in a Bills uniform didn’t even show up tonight. Josh had no help. As usual. 

Diggs is having a hard time catching the ball, I have lost confidence in him 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

Wouldn't be my first choice, but remember, Vrabel is on the market too! 

He's an upgrade over McD however.

Would LOVE to know what Pegula is doing, saying, thinking, RIGHT NOW.

Who is around him?  Who does he trust? What are the people around him saying to him?

If only we had dedicated more money and assets to the defensive line!

(That's a joke).

• Agree 3
  • Dislike 1

29 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

The thought of this makes me nauseous.  We really are the San Diego Chargers during Philip Rivers prime at this point.

I never wanted to believe the stories about the Bills never winning anything while their stadium was built on top of an old Native American Burial Ground, but I honestly think this team is just f**king cursed.  There is no way to explain how many times these random things constantly go the other teams way in these type of games.

Man if y’all think we’re the chargers, firing their coach very much did not work for them 😂

they actually chanted schottenheimers name the season after he was fired haha 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Beyond a doubt THE biggest disappointment throughout the whole game had to be the D line. Zero sacks, hardly any pressure gaping running holes.

You knew that the Linbackers and DBs were below par going into the game and needed the D line to step up...Rousseau and Floyd on the edge against questionable tackels??..Oliver and Jones disrupting the middle?...Watch the last Pachecho touchdown, Joseph absolutely gets pancaked in the endzone...kind of sums it up

Enjoyed the late season run.  All the injuries and still had a shot to head to Baltimore. 

I will say it will be an interesting offseason. 

gonna take a break from football for a bit and then will start the off-season primers to get ready for the Free Agency Period and Draft. 

Enjoyed the season. And the heart this team displayed to get back to AFCE Champs and the 2 seed. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, Beast said:

Here’s a hard fact….our passing game never looked good. Not even after Joe Brady took over. Our running game looked better but the Bills passing game looked pedestrian. 

I really would like to see a search done for a new offensive coordinator.

I won’t get into Steffon Diggs other than to say I wish we had an out where we didn’t get killed cap-wise. He looks disinterested. He started the season great and just faded into oblivion. He is a non-factor.

I hope I never see Tyler Bass in a Bills uniform again.

Josh Allen? Superman. Just a freak and we are wasting him. One AFC title loss? That is alarming.

I agree.  I hated the fact that all season long, and tonight, we never took advantage of second and short.  Every single time we ran it to pick up a first down instead of taking a shot downfield once in a while.  And I hated the way Brady turned Josh Allen into a game-manager in the second half tonight.  

12 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

So you pass up a for sure TD to "hope" you get one at some point later?  Sorry, you take the points when they are available.

100%. The clock is more important than the score at that time. Let me ask you this: if you are the Chiefs would you rather have the ball down 4 with 2 TOs and 1:55 left or with 1:55 left the Bills have the ball at your 15 yard like and you have a 3 point lead with one TO.

It's so odd because they managed the clock awesome in the first half and just threw it away. Also; if you miss that throw in the endzone it's 3rd and 9 and you have a kicked that has struggled. Even that first FG was barely good. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Wouldn't be my first choice, but remember, Vrabel is on the market too! 

He's an upgrade over McD however.

Would LOVE to know what Pegula is doing, saying, thinking, RIGHT NOW.

Who is around him?  Who does he trust? What are the people around him saying to him?

If only we had dedicated more money and assets to the defensive line!

(That's a joke).

Is he? The Titans had the 1 seed and lost their first playoff game.

2 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

McD fake punt was baaaad

Agreed big time Bob. 

You know your defense is floundering. Why run that play? Let your best player try and get you five yards. If he fails, so be it. 

Defense was swiss cheese all game and then finally came through twice when it looked like we were done, only for the offense to stall out with Josh missing open guys on key plays. It stings.

We're still not good enough. Coaching still isn't good enough against the better teams. We still don't get pressure when it matters. Mahomes > Allen still. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Amorgus said:

It's time to trade his ass. I'm sure he'll be asking for it now anyway. He's no more reliable than Davis now and I'm sick of it. 

Trade him to the worst team and let him realize who was playing with.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Rich Stadium Original said:

Beyond a doubt THE biggest disappointment throughout the whole game had to be the D line. Zero sacks, hardly any pressure gaping running holes.

You knew that the Linbackers and DBs were below par going into the game and needed the D line to step up...Rousseau and Floyd on the edge against questionable tackels??..Oliver and Jones disrupting the middle?...Watch the last Pachecho touchdown, Joseph absolutely gets pancaked in the endzone...kind of sums it up

The stunts Bernard was orchestrating all year were sorely missed. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 5

17 minutes ago, Billsfanatic8989 said:

I gotta say it...call Belichick or Harbaugh tomorrow. 

Is this loss on McD? No. But you know what? Something big has to change. 

Yeah, we probably get our butt kicked in Baltimore next week. So what. This was an enormous game where too many people came up small.

BTW, Diggs time as a #1 receiver on this team needs to be questioned.

Like that is going to happen with cheap Terry Pegula running our Buffalo sports teams? Those coaches command $25 million a season. Terry Pegula can’t even plow out his stadium last week because he is cheap. Mr Pegula I love outdoor football but he sits in a heated luxury box weekly he is a phony. He loves outdoor football because it’s cheap. No way is Terry Pegula ever hiring a $25 million dollar a season head coach. We are stuck with this five and ten owner and doomed for these results yearly just like when Ralph Wilson owned the Bills. Terry Pegula and Ralph Wilson are exactly the same type of owner that Buffalo sports teams seem to attract in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

• Dislike 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.